Box Office Takings for The Predator

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 20, 2018, 05:00:59 PM

Author
Box Office Takings for The Predator (Read 83,521 times)

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 28, 2018, 01:59:43 PM
Don't forget the advertising expenses, which can be considerable. It might still break even, or just barely over.
Not sure about advertisement outside US market, in the Netherlands promotion was virtually nill.

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

why is that poster better than the entire movie.

Mrs.Majesty

Respect to the artists who painted Chinese posters. I like chinese promotion of The Predator. Promotion was so good. I can't imagine the disappointment of chinese audience who have seen this movie.  :-[

HashTag_TheSwag

As a fan I feel conflicted.
On the one hand I want it to be successful enough so that we get a sequel (that hopefully ignores this film) but on the other hand I feel the studio deserves to take a hit for taking such a huge dump and expecting us to swallow.

Mrs.Majesty

Quote from: HashTag_TheSwag on Oct 29, 2018, 04:10:11 PM
As a fan I feel conflicted.
On the one hand I want it to be successful enough so that we get a sequel (that hopefully ignores this film) but on the other hand I feel the studio deserves to take a hit for taking such a huge dump and expecting us to swallow.

I think the same. I just hope this is not the end. Whatever film was a failure I'm in any case hoped for success at the box office. It seems I am even ready to put up with this crazy plot. I just want to see new movies in the future. Let them complete the story with Predator Killer costume and start a new story. I don't want my favorite franchise to be abandoned due to a failed movie.

Vermillion

I think it's dead Jim.

Netflix or similar from now on.

If ever.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Oct 29, 2018, 10:06:45 PM
If ever.

'If ever' is more deserving to a franchise like "The Thing", when the 2011 prequel made a total of 27 Million Worldwide (on a 38 Million budget), or the Conan reboot with Jason Momoa making only 48 Million total worldwide (on a 90 Million budget!)

No, Predator (and Alien for that matter) will likely be back one day in cinemas.  With lesser budgets, but they'll be back.

GreybackElder

I'm glad to hear that The Predator is still pulling in some money. This movie was a disappointment me! I LOVE this franchise so much, but I really feel with the acquisition of Fox by Disney and The Predator and Alien Covenant's less than stellar performance we've seen the end of the series on the big screen. Honestly I feel like the predator or alien franchise would be so GREAT in a series format on Netflix or Hulu.

Vermillion

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 29, 2018, 11:24:57 PM
If ever.

'If ever' is more deserving to a franchise like "The Thing", when the 2011 prequel made a total of 27 Million Worldwide (on a 38 Million budget), or the Conan reboot with Jason Momoa making only 48 Million total worldwide (on a 90 Million budget!)

No, Predator (and Alien for that matter) will likely be back one day in cinemas.  With lesser budgets, but they'll be back.

Predator = Netflix or similar.
Alien = one more chance at $100+ budget

Unfortunately

Perfect-Organism

Predator could only work again with Schwarzenegger's return.  I could see him pushing pencils for the CIA and then opportunity knocks...

Samhain13

Quote from: Vermillion on Oct 30, 2018, 12:34:03 AM

I don't think they will give that much to Ridley this time.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Vermillion on Oct 30, 2018, 12:34:03 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 29, 2018, 11:24:57 PM
If ever.

Predator = Netflix or similar.

Unfortunately

I highly doubt they'll actually spend more than the "Alien Covenant" 97 Million budget, when Alien is currently on a decline trajectory and couldn't exceed 74 Million total in the U.S.  Economically it would make sense to shrink the budget in another theatrical attempt (unless Sigourney Weaver was to return).

Now unless Arnold Schwarzenegger would return, I could see future Predator theatrical films thrive with a shrunken Halloween / slasher / John Wick type of budget, a visiting Predator in different Earth situations. You make them for 20-40 Million and make some healthy coin.

But even on Netflix, I would be excited.  All I'm saying is your "if ever" possibly dead category is not deserving of a movie that might finish around 170 Million worldwide, regardless if the 88 million budget does or does not include the unplanned reshoots. Cheers.

Xuan

Xuan

Our China side expects the box office to reach 300 million yuan. :)

Xiggz456

Quote from: Xuan on Oct 30, 2018, 05:00:02 AM
Our China side expects the box office to reach 300 million yuan. :)

Nice! Whether you like the film or not it's now the highest grossing Predator film. It took the top spot in its opening weekend in the major markets. And I'd be willing to bet that it'll be the top selling Blu-ray come home release. The franchise is far from dead and an unrelated sequel will most likely happen in 5 plus years. However I would like to see a show on FX or a similar network 8-10 episodes long. I'm thinking along the lines of a "Band of Brothers" meets Predator either set during WW2 (Pacific theatre) or during the Vietnam War.

bobcunk

Is that alot or is it like $25 us lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed