Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2011, 11:25:20 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus (Read 28,554 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was exactly his point.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

It´s a Alien Prequel...It´s Not a Alien Prequel...It´s a Alien Prequel...It´s Not a Alien Prequel...
It´s Alien Related...It´s Not Alien Related...It´s Alien Related...It´s Not Alien Related...

Hilarious!!!! :laugh:

Highland

Highland

My gut says it's Alien related, but in order for Ridley to get cash and the Studio to make money, The Alien side of it is getting steered well clear of publicly.

The Alien is a joke now; I doubt it'll be seen in its familiar form.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Indeed, the Space Jockey is just a name given to that particular entity outside of the film itself

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Well F***... this situation has gotten to be absolutely ridiculous. Now Ridley's reporting otherwise? Why can't we just get the epic Alien prequel we've been tortured over?!

...I sure hope he's saying this simply so we're all pleasantly surprised in the theater.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

my bet is that the jockey could be the 'engineer 1' character we've heard mentioned before.
so perhaps the jockey's are actually known as 'engineers'. I could be way off though :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 27, 2011, 08:05:47 PM
my bet is that the jockey could be the 'engineer 1' character we've heard mentioned before.
so perhaps the jockey's are actually known as 'engineers'. I could be way off though :laugh:

I've been trying to link the giant "head pilot" to the jockey, since it was commonly referred to as "the Pilot" .

Not come up with much yet, other than the giant telescopic piece attached to the chair may or may not be something to do with it. All very interesting.

I actually enjoy this part more than the reveal.

SM

SM

They said ages ago it wasn't an Alien prequel.  What's changed?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Members of the cast saying it was.

SM

SM

They said it was a prequel?

Ash 937

Ash 937

Predator 2 has a xenomorph skull in it but we don't call it an Alien film because its part of the Predator franchise.  Alien has a space jockey corpse in the film even though the film is clearly not about space jockeys.

With that logic, you can't call Prometheus an Alien film just because there is a dead space jockey in the movie.  If it's about jockeys, then its also the beginning of a new franchise and/or stand-alone film.

There is your logic right there.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2011, 02:35:50 AM
They said it was a prequel?
Kind'a but didn't. Maybe.

Peakius Baragonius

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: SiL on Feb 28, 2011, 06:10:41 AM
Kind'a but didn't. Maybe.

You just summed up everything about the film and everything we've speculated over it. Bravo, my friend.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2011, 12:52:07 AM
They said ages ago it wasn't an Alien prequel.  What's changed?

...the thing is, Scott started it in the first place, and he DID say it would be a prequel "set 30 years before Alien" to quote his words ...personally after seeing Robin Hood, I've lost all interest anyway

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 28, 2011, 04:47:12 AM
Predator 2 has a xenomorph skull in it but we don't call it an Alien film because its part of the Predator franchise.  Alien has a space jockey corpse in the film even though the film is clearly not about space jockeys.

With that logic, you can't call Prometheus an Alien film just because there is a dead space jockey in the movie.  If it's about jockeys, then its also the beginning of a new franchise and/or stand-alone film.

There is your logic right there.

No ones calling it an Alien film. It clearly is not. It apparently has links to the franchise of which we are fans and may provide back story's. That's enough for me to be interested.

The pilots ship was responsible for 2 full length tales about the Alien. I'd say it holds a little more weight than "dead stuff was in it"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed