Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 75,601 times)

Mattyoung1977

Imo it takes a couple of mins to get into a ranked game unranked is faster as you can pick from the list.

If you want to speed it up play with some friends as your less likely to have to wait on other people to make up the numbers.

Im on ps3 by the way.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: Dreamon666 on Mar 08, 2010, 10:30:41 PM
Quote from: Jumbik on Mar 08, 2010, 10:27:45 PM
Died out? WTF man ... Im playing a MP match under a half of a minute.

PC version in Europe here.

Died out ... duh.

Wake up and look at the forums, seems like you're still the only one having fun, the forums is full of stuff like this, the game has significantly less players and the forums are running empty too.
Yesterday i was trying to find a good ranked match, it took me 3 HOURS to find a server where neither the host left or was  laggfree.
Back when I played World of Warcraft, this was called the "vocal minority"

How many people own this game that don't go to the forums? How many forum goers are having fun and not bitching compared to those that are constantly doing so?

Hawkins

Quote from: Dreamon666 on Mar 08, 2010, 10:30:41 PM
Quote from: Jumbik on Mar 08, 2010, 10:27:45 PM
Died out? WTF man ... Im playing a MP match under a half of a minute.

PC version in Europe here.

Died out ... duh.

Wake up and look at the forums, seems like you're still the only one having fun, the forums is full of stuff like this, the game has significantly less players and the forums are running empty too.
Yesterday i was trying to find a good ranked match, it took me 3 HOURS to find a server where neither the host left or was  laggfree.
I have no problems finding a game when ever I am in the mood for some mp and i'm on the pc ver

Adey

3 hours is way to long mate probably something wrong with your pc, im on ps3 and get into high player ranked matches in 2 mins max. also if other pc users aren't getting your problems it must be your equipment, i do hate the host has left crap though, they should make it so if there are more than 3 players left in the game, it should carry on when host leaves. Over all though i enjoy the game MP/SP other than SP is a little short, but i like it. dont think the disc needs cool down/warm up just that when you are locked in melee you shouldn't be able to use it, only the plasma caster should be usable as you dont have to swing it just press and shoot dont think the PC is over powered in melee as you have to charge it for a decent hit and if you do use it usually you die as a pred, dont think the preds counter stun/knockdown needs fixin fine the way it is the alien should only be able to knock down a pred with pounce attack from medium and far distance but not as a counter no way. and im a pred player mostly.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Ugh... I get so sick of this shit

"f**k DLC! Fix the f**kING GAME! Here is my list of everything you need to fix If you want another cent!"

Rebellion has already stated that there will be a "settling in" period before they tweak anything major balance wise.  I'm sure they meant more than a few weeks.  This game is still selling strong and will be supported for some time to come by Rebellion.  There will be DLC, Patches and maybe tweaks as well.  Just because Rebellion isn't dropping everything to rush to the needs of a few whining fans, does not mean they have "abandoned" this game. 

If the game's current minor issues are such a game breaker to you then play other games until this one is patched to your satisfaction (doubtful as its pretty clear some here are incapable of satisfaction) or trade it in.  Its cool if you have some suggestions for Rebellion for future updates, but the lame drama "Oh! This game is going to Die! What is Rebellion thinking? I cant think of anyone who still plays this game!" Is really starting to get tiresome.

*end of rant*

Tyranix

Ya I just spent about 4 hours, with about 5-7 friends of mine trying to find a game. In that hour hour window I think we maybe got in 6 matches, give or take one. So... assuming each game was even 20 mins long... that is only 2 hours spent playing the game, and the rest sitting in lobbies. It's literally like no ones playing the game. We sit in match making, the screen reads "6 playes found, waiting for 6 more players" and it sits there forever, hell we only found a game at the end because enough of my friends left so we could play survival.

Don't get me wrong, I'm someone who loves the ideas of this game, love that it's a skill based game not just pick up a gun and shoot (for the most part). But I mean, someone has to be wrong, when a AvP Fan site, not a game site, but a site of fans who love AvP, is just full of people ready to quit or screaming for a patch. These are supposed to be the people who hang on til the very end, those committed to the idea rather than the game itself, but.... in the end... how can they enjoy the game when in most cases, you can't play it?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

QuoteBut I mean, someone has to be wrong, when a AvP Fan site, not a game site, but a site of fans who love AvP, is just full of people ready to quit or screaming for a patch.

Are you kidding? AVP has one of the most touchy fanbases I've ever seen, some here seem to hate anything AVP related. Sure I'm a die hard fan also, but for some here, nothing anyone does in this franchise is right and they know better.  Makes me wonder why they are a fan sometimes.  Most of my friends who are not AVP fans love this game, I think Ive seen more hate for it on this site than anywhere else.

Yahtzee said it best: "You can never please the fans."

You can count on another vocal minority bashing Aliens CM when it comes out (no matter how good it is) demanding that Gearbox fixes the game so that its to their liking.  I just wish some would stop the crap like "Wake up and look at the forums, seems like you're still the only one having fun"

Perhaps you should wake up and look at the sales numbers, majority of reviews, and Polls on this site and you'll realize that quite a few are enjoying this game, and no that does'nt mean they are crazy because they disagree with you.

Tyranix

Like I said, I love this game, just hate how I am waiting so long for matches and how we're losing so many players because they may think the game isn't in the best shape. I'll agree it needs fixing, but I'm pleased with this game, as I am confident the fixes will come, and I just need to be patient. Just wish others could be patient so I could find players to enjoy the game with :P

firefly101

I agree this game was setup as a CASH COW. You can tell so many features lacking even from AVP2 point of view. But ALL IS NOT LOST.

Yes console Kids will get bored and not play AVP anymore, yes 3 weeks isnt a good sign, but there IS hope for the PC, while they MAKE their money from the Console, the game lasts because of Mods or DLC.

I think the BEST thing for Rebellion to do is the following.

1. Leak out the Command codes to spawn bots etc. mainly for use who cant play online. lol

2. RELEASE SDK ASAP. We in the PC community will release Mods that will have most drooling and will buy the game to play the MOD! RTW is a prime example, they are still getting sales to just play some neat mods out there.

3. DLC get them out and I dont mean whats in the hunter addition.

I paid $26 off Ebay for a New copy well atleast an unused code copy that looked new. And I feel at that price I got my $ worth. But still SDK is needed I an MANY others cannot play online and yet we cant play Suvivor with AI Bots to help us out? And why cant there be a Survivor for Predators?

Maps  are needed badly. Rebellion dont blow this, or you will be screwed by the Fans and they wont buy a new game again from you. GIVE SOME FREE STUFF also. DONT MAKE US PAY FOR EVERYTHING, Left 4 Dead was pretty good about that except their #2 which was a cash cow also.

Release a NEW version mode like EVAC similar to Left for Dead, the People have to Evac through the maps to the end, this would add TONS of life to AVP since L4D is doing Great MP wise because of Maps and the style of play. Also have AI like they did so those that cant get a full 4 man team can fill out the ranks.

Increase Suvivor to 8 instead of 4 so when larger maps are available more AI or People can be used.

I hope you read this as all the fans seem to get is trash games anymore with the whole fanchise just wanting to make a buck, nothing wrong with wanting the money, but if you love the genre Do the above and anymore ideas floating out here on the forums. You have a chance to do an AVP2 and AVP3 if you improve and add these features.

S.Y.L

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2010, 05:08:18 AM
Yahtzee said it best: "You can never please the fans."

Bill Cosby once said "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"
ok so he then added "eat the pudding, here`s a famous jazz musician who`s somehow related" but still, the point is valid.

i said in my first post here aaaaages ago that responding to forums will NEVER be a top priority for anyone in a game studio, unless that person is specifically employed to handle such things, and as far as i know, such a position doesn`t exist. Work comes first.

Le Celticant

Quote from: S.Y.L on Mar 09, 2010, 07:28:52 AM
Bill Cosby once said "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"
ok so he then added "eat the pudding, here`s a famous jazz musician who`s somehow related" but still, the point is valid.

i said in my first post here aaaaages ago that responding to forums will NEVER be a top priority for anyone in a game studio, unless that person is specifically employed to handle such things, and as far as i know, such a position doesn`t exist. Work comes first.

Well, there's a difference between please 30% and 70%. Still not everybody but a large majority.
The game to many people seems to be more a BETA than a final product.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Tyranix on Mar 09, 2010, 06:29:00 AM
Like I said, I love this game, just hate how I am waiting so long for matches and how we're losing so many players because they may think the game isn't in the best shape. I'll agree it needs fixing, but I'm pleased with this game, as I am confident the fixes will come, and I just need to be patient. Just wish others could be patient so I could find players to enjoy the game with :P

My rant wasn't really directed towards you.

AJL

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2010, 05:08:18 AM
Are you kidding? AVP has one of the most touchy fanbases I've ever seen...

Then you haven't seen many "fanbases"... As they (we) are always
the same... (There are always three types of fans...)

There are always those who are so blindly in love with the thing that
they simply will not see any of its flaws no matter how big and many
they maybe...

And then there are those who are past that... who have their eyes
open again... but who are in withdrawal due to their "recent" trip to
the clouded happy happy land which have left them with impossibly
high expectations... so they can see nothing but flaws...

And then there are those of us who have gone through both of
those phases long ago and learned not to hope for anything...

Brother

AJL speaks the truth.

skull-splitter

Words of wisdom indeed, I'm somewhat between the second and third circle of hell...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed