AvPGalaxy Alien Isolation Podcast Released

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 18, 2014, 07:17:48 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Alien Isolation Podcast Released (Read 19,749 times)

Corporal Hicks

I have just uploaded the 19th episode of the AvP Galaxy podcast. This episode sees myself (Corporal Hicks) and fellow staffer RidgeTop joined by community guest star Shevvie as we discuss the recently released Alien Isolation. Beware there are spoilers so if you haven’t finished the game it maybe wise to avoid this one. However, we do give spoiler warnings so you can give it a go.

To listen to previous episodes of our podcasts, please be sure to check out the Podcast section of the website. And if you haven’t read my review of Alien Isolation, what are you waiting for?!

Darkness

Well, I disagree with the praise you were giving to Andrea Deck. Sure, she did the job but she wasn't anywhere near as good as Camilla Luddington in Tomb Raider.

TheDude5524

TheDude5524

Great podcast guys! Loved it!

acrediblesource

But were there Aliens in Tomb Raider?  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 18, 2014, 09:17:30 PM
Well, I disagree with the praise you were giving to Andrea Deck. Sure, she did the job but she wasn't anywhere near as good as Camilla Luddington in Tomb Raider.

I can agree with that but I think the character took much more punishment.

SM

I listened while I was cutting up to when the spoilery stuff started - and I'm kinda annoyed.  Based on the enthusiasm, I was sorely tempted to listen to the whole thing.

Xhan

be strong bre'r brook

dun you gun gone in that there tar patch

SM

Ah surely won' Xhancle Raymus!

Comment

Comment

One major problem with making an Aliens-esque sequel: if you can't shoot and kill the Alien creatures in this one, how would it make any sense that you suddenly could in the next installment?

Xhan

A sticking to the rules of the second movie as opposed to the first

B firing explosive armor piecing rounds in rapid succession

Valaquen

Quote from: Comment on Oct 20, 2014, 07:20:37 PM
One major problem with making an Aliens-esque sequel: if you can't shoot and kill the Alien creatures in this one, how would it make any sense that you suddenly could in the next installment?

Make the ammo severly limited, as it is in the film, and maybe make every Alien death impact the environment in detrimental ways. Perhaps make it dangerous to fire in certain areas. Maybe, as in the film, shooting an Alien within range is likely to severely incapacitate or kill you (Hicks, Drake). Making the Aliens with the Isolation AI would help, especially if they can group together to figure out how to bypass barriers erected by the player. Essentially, have the player constantly painting themselves into a corner.

Comment

Comment

But, as someone stated in the podcast, they shot the Alien multiple times with a shotgun and it just stumbled back slightly. So how would it make sense for the Alien to suddenly be affected by something it once wasn't? I don't see how guns can go from doing no damage whatsoever to suddenly becoming the creature's weakness.

SM

The only time a shotgun really hurt an Alien was when Hicks shoved one in its mouth.  Daresay most guns in the gob would do a lot of damage, if not outright kill an Alien.

He shot at another Alien in the hive - but for all we know it just stumbled back.

Jango1201

After the shotgun blasts in the hive, the alien did cry it's death scream. But for all we know it took two direct shots to the face. An ALIENS: Isolation game would need REAL careful thought and consideration so as not to be hypocritical of the first.

SM

It screamed.  We have no way of knowing if it was a "death scream".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed