New Prey Promo Shows New Predator Footage

Started by von, Jun 08, 2022, 04:59:25 PM

Author
New Prey Promo Shows New Predator Footage (Read 11,078 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I agree with him though. Well, probably not about the critics part but about the movie not being as bad as people made it out to be. I believe if that movie hadn't been f**ked over in editing and reshoots audience's reaction I would've been warmer

dHunter333

They cut out the emissaries which were two predators in human army fatigues living on the human army base
Sounds really bad hut who knows
Also the ark with tons of hybrid predator creatures

The final film did such a bad job explaining what was happening
Originally supposed to be fugitive and emissaries fighting assassins because he was dishonorable I believe
What came out was totally different
But they kept most of the original footage
What a mess
I enjoyed the bantering of the military rejects and the predator stuff but it was a jumbled mess
Predators collecting skulls for the spinal fluid was unforgivable

Kradan

I would've taken bonkers third act over "let's go remake Predator in 15 minutes but this time it's all at night so it's gotta be different"

[cancerblack]

I think the problem most people had was the autism nonsense.

Kradan

Well, yeah, I believe Black & Dekker might've had good intentions but the execution was ... not very good

Doomofman

Doomofman

It's actually pretty surprising to me that some predator fans didn't hate The Predator. But these things are subjective.

To me, I think The Predator is a straight up bad movie and an even worse predator movie. Aside from the Fugitive's design, it has no redeeming features for me. It and AVPR are the only movies I don't have a physical copy of as I've no desire to ever rewatch either

But I'm not going to tell anyone they're wrong for liking it, each to their own

bobcunk

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 12, 2022, 08:42:43 PMI think the problem most people had was the autism nonsense.
Even that didn't bother me, I don't always care what the plot is as long as the movie is good, If it were a fun entertaining movie I could overlook problems with plot and stuff, I think it would have been better if they kept the good predators and made it a campy over there top action comedy.

Highland

It starts off quite well, it's only when the Predators get involved the movie nose dives.  ???

Kradan

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 12, 2022, 10:31:11 PMIt's actually pretty surprising to me that some predator fans didn't hate The Predator. But these things are subjective.

What about Alien fans ?

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Jun 15, 2022, 10:31:43 PMIt starts off quite well, it's only when the Predators get involved the movie nose dives.  ???
Yeah, that opening title was great. Immediately downhill from there.

BigDaddyJohn

The face reveal with blood showed more creativity than the whole 1h47 of Predators though.

Highland

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 16, 2022, 12:34:14 AMThe face reveal with blood showed more creativity than the whole 1h47 of Predators though.

If you go back and watch Predators it's actually quite good. If they had made better use of the Nolan sequence I think that film could have been considered a "good" Predator film. It's not bad as it is. Got better with age.

SiL

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 16, 2022, 12:34:14 AMThe face reveal with blood showed more creativity than the whole 1h47 of Predators though.
If only it didn't look so cheap.

bobcunk

Ib
I realy enjoyed Predators. I liked the humor and style and enjoyed the character. I agree that the Nolan stuff goid have been better but over all I think I liked it as much as the first 2 and more then avp and avpr.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed