Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 23, 2016, 11:25:49 PM

Author
Blomkamp's Alien 5 is "Innovative, Amazing, Performs Fan Service" (Read 113,196 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 08, 2019, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 08, 2019, 04:14:12 PM
Cameron might be the one that will the space jockey great again.

Maybe start by making it the right size...  ;)

And make it the Mala-kak in a Giger-esque homeworld. Give it no legs as a creepy euphemism for the sedentary merger of organism and machine. As John Hurt said "it's growing out of its chair" in ALIEN (1979).

Instead of Ridley Scott's unused designs from his aborted 1997 "I Am Legend" project and Gladiator 2, using David as a breaking the 4th wall as the embodiment of Scott's ego and narcissism..

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 08, 2019, 04:57:31 PM
Well I would've never guessed in a million years that Cameron is still trying  to get this of the ground. Didn't get that he was actually that stoked about it.

What's not to get? Blomkamp's film is bringing back characters that Cameron created himself.

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Feb 08, 2019, 03:40:24 PM
I wish Blomkamp will see sense and ditch his "ROBOCOP" remake,

In my opinion, Blomkamp is actually better suited for the Robocop franchise. The dark humour/satire is more in line with his style. And it's not a Robocop "remake" btw.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing his take on an Alien film.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 08, 2019, 04:53:15 PM
Let Newt and Ripley Rest In Peace.

Go ahead and let Blomkamp make one, but go with his earlier idea that didn't involve Ripley.

Let's not forget that "Prometheus" started out as a remake of "ALIEN" with Carl Rinsch in the Director's chair.

THE PREDATOR (2018) almost had a time travelling Ripley and Newt.

Yes just make new characters already but make them have interesting backstories and motivations.

Not some whining hipster whose Chad boyfriend was toasted during hypersleep and crying she can't make log cabins on some alien planet.

Huggs

May it never see the light of day.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Some say there's a high demand for this movie, others say its a pointless movie, it has the potential to be Great, to be Terrible, to be just ok, Mediocre, Passable etc. Those who want to see it will flock to it, those who aren't interested won't bother, they don't have to see it of they don't want to. I doubt that this will get made. I can live with or without this movie either way.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Feb 08, 2019, 05:26:55 PM
Not some whining hipster whose Chad boyfriend was toasted during hypersleep and crying she can't make log cabins on some alien planet.

:laugh:

Spoiler
James Franco isn't on Chad level though.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 08, 2019, 05:09:17 PM
And the fire burns on and on and on and on.  :laugh:

"Fire... burns, rain falls... Blomkamp... blows."

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 08, 2019, 05:26:30 PM

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Feb 08, 2019, 03:40:24 PM
I wish Blomkamp will see sense and ditch his "ROBOCOP" remake.

In my opinion, Blomkamp is actually better suited for the Robocop franchise. The dark humour/satire is more in line with his style. And it's not a Robocop "remake" btw.

Agreed.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 08, 2019, 05:40:58 PM

May the winds of sanity and good taste blow the script away.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 05:42:54 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 08, 2019, 05:40:58 PM

May the winds of sanity and good taste blow the script away.

Amen.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: David's Creation on Feb 08, 2019, 04:53:15 PM
Let Newt and Ripley Rest In Peace.

Go ahead and let Blomkamp make one, but go with his earlier idea that didn't involve Ripley.

Let's not forget that "Prometheus" started out as a remake of "ALIEN" with Carl Rinsch in the Director's chair.

THE PREDATOR (2018) almost had a time travelling Ripley and Newt.

Yes just make new characters already but make them have interesting backstories and motivations.

I thought Carl Rinsch's movie was going to be a prequel.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 08, 2019, 05:33:45 PM

:laugh:

Spoiler
James Franco isn't on Chad level though.
[close]

The bedroom walls, of many a teenage girl, would gleefully disagree.

Ridley Scott went there not realising ALIEN doesn't have much sex appeal, unless said teenage girls are into....
Spoiler
tenticle rape
[close]
which I donk think they are somehow. Not like nerdy 12 year old teenage boys anyway.

The Old One

The Old One

You're wrong, some girls are into tentacles- definitely more than boys.

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 08, 2019, 05:52:00 PMI thought Carl Rinsch's movie was going to be a prequel.

Full news from 2009 as to whether it was originally to be a remake or prequel found here.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&ei=8cJdXOHxKtib1fAP9K6v0AY&q=Carl+Rinsch+alien+remake&oq=Carl+Rinsch+alien+remake&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1100.3005..3598...0.0..0.178.1542.6j7......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i67j0i20i263j0j0i22i30j33i160j33i22i29i30j33i21.BQbVOOPhUlw

I'd say the backlash made them think twice, but as I have always maintained Ridley Scott did say as far back as late 70s he wanted an ALIEN remake to expand on a more "telling" version of ALIEN with "alien" pyramids, temples, space jockeys and chariot of the gods style stuff.

We got that in Prometheus.............sort of.

Rankles75

Seriously, when did more Alien become a bad thing? For better or worse, Alien 3 and Resurrection are canon, it's not like Blomkamp's film would affect that. It would just give those of us disappointed by the direction the series took an alternative, and might even reinvigorate interest after Prometheus and Covenant turned a lot of people off. Still think it's hugely unlikely this ever sees the light of day.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 08, 2019, 05:56:54 PM
You're wrong, some girls are into tentacles- definitely more than boys.

Yes I get female fantasy can sometimes be "imaginative", when not feeling judged or exposed, female's "open the floodgates".

But from where am I standing contemporary female sexuality is a predictably vanilla affair, with obvious Hollywood hunks based merely on shallow obsession with looks rather than characteristics, pop culture and Ariana Grande.

Not like the 1990's obsession with Goth Metal, alternative culture, anime and censored hentai properties such as Wicked City or UROSUKIDOJI.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed