KiramidHead

The Ultimate Doom

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

More Aliens Fireteam Elite

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Doom II: Hell on Earth

I moved on to this because Episode 4 of Ultimate Doom is just plain annoying to play. Kind of how I feel about Eternal, too, come to think of it. But Doom 2 is really fun, even if I don't understand id's insistence on putting platforming in games where the engine doesn't allow you to jump.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2022, 05:21:50 PMOf course I did. Since it's replacing the 1.0 version, it's essentially space-neutral on the shelf :P

Did it arrive yet?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finished off Doom II and started up Doom 64 for the first time. Nearly shat myself when the first Imp showed up, they look just like the Arch-viles from II. :laugh:  I'm enjoying it so far, it's like the classic Dooms I know super well but different. My only issue is that I can't bind run to left shift, the game just won't let me.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 15, 2022, 12:54:12 AMFinished off Doom II and started up Doom 64 for the first time. Nearly shat myself when the first Imp showed up, they look just like the Arch-viles from II. :laugh:  I'm enjoying it so far, it's like the classic Dooms I know super well but different. My only issue is that I can't bind run to left shift, the game just won't let me.
Could be related to its origins in the N64, and them not having keyboards. Unlikely, though.

Are you running it through Steam? If not, try adding it as a non steam game. Should be able to rebind anything using the steam interface.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Stitch on May 15, 2022, 11:50:16 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 15, 2022, 12:54:12 AMFinished off Doom II and started up Doom 64 for the first time. Nearly shat myself when the first Imp showed up, they look just like the Arch-viles from II. :laugh:  I'm enjoying it so far, it's like the classic Dooms I know super well but different. My only issue is that I can't bind run to left shift, the game just won't let me.
Could be related to its origins in the N64, and them not having keyboards. Unlikely, though.

Are you running it through Steam? If not, try adding it as a non steam game. Should be able to rebind anything using the steam interface.

I ended up just turning on autorun, serves me pretty well so far.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 14, 2022, 12:52:22 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2022, 05:21:50 PMOf course I did. Since it's replacing the 1.0 version, it's essentially space-neutral on the shelf :P

Did it arrive yet?
Yeah and I like it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Started Soulsilver for the first time, but I'm not used to the emulator and saved over my only slot, at the main menu that had loaded as a fresh boot rather than my existing save, right after the second gym and I can't be arsed starting over again yet.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Metro Exodus

This has been a pretty rewarding series so far with each game getting better. I really like the "open world" setting to this one and will be taking my time with it!

The series reminds me of Half Life, which is cool because those games are easily my favorite of all time.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Star Wars: Jedi Knight

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Just finished Doom 64. f**k PAIN ELEMENTALS. Seriously. That final fight would have been much less stressful without a whole bunch of those f**kers to worry about.

Wysps

Wysps

I've never played Doom 64, but I swear the sound of those Lost Souls from the original gave me nightmares as a child.

Nothing was worse then hearing the sound of the Lost Souls and the Cyberdemon stomping around.  I don't know if you've dabbled in Wads for the original two, but there are some pretty great ones out there.  We used to use Zdoom, but I don't know if it's still supported or even available anymore. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed