Olivia Munn In Talks To Join The Predator Cast!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

Author
Olivia Munn In Talks To Join The Predator Cast! (Read 31,244 times)

BishopShouldGo

It could be really powerful and Spielbergian. I'm sort of reminded of the ending to AVPR, where the government got their hands on the caster. It was the caster right?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 11:22:50 PM
It could be really powerful and Spielbergian. I'm sort of reminded of the ending to AVPR, where the government got their hands on the caster. It was the caster right?

Yeah, but I don't think Shane is gonna be counting that.

Scorpio

Never seen her anything but she looks good enough.  There is also a scientist in Predator 2, when Harrigan goes to get the spear tip analysed.  Looks like she may have a larger role, though.

The Bonus Situation

The more I read about it the more it sounds like they're going for the remake of P2. Urban setting, detective story, a scientist, etc. Personally I don't mind. I'm betting they will set it in NY, like it was originally planned for P2, and if they are, it makes sense now why they chose (or at least planning) 50 cent. Hes a rapper from NY, and he got shot like 9 times or something, perfect guy to play a gang leader who gets decapitated by the pred later on in the film.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 04, 2016, 03:45:50 AM
Never seen her anything but she looks good enough.  There is also a scientist in Predator 2, when Harrigan goes to get the spear tip analysed.  Looks like she may have a larger role, though.

A medical examiner. For one minute. With bad dialogue.

This be a leadin' role.

Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Nov 04, 2016, 03:46:45 AM
The more I read about it the more it sounds like they're going for the remake of P2. Urban setting, detective story, a scientist, etc. Personally I don't mind. I'm betting they will set it in NY, like it was originally planned for P2, and if they are, it makes sense now why they chose (or at least planning) 50 cent. Hes a rapper from NY, and he got shot like 9 times or something, perfect guy to play a gang leader who gets decapitated by the pred later on in the film.

Not at all. Suburbia is different from industrial downtown Los Angeles. And Shane didn't say it was a detective story, only that there may be a detective story somewhere inside it because he loves detective stories so much. And 'boned like a fish' lady wasn't a scientist, that was a medical examiner who had a one minute role.

This movie actually doesn't sound like a remake of the previous movies at all, this movie actually sounds like it's own unique fresh novel thing. (P2, AvP, AvP:R, and Predators, especially Predators, all feel like remakes. Agatha Christie thrillers.) A Predator movie should not be defined by the setting. Predator 2, hate to be the one to reveal it, is pretty much a remake of the original movie, beat-for-beat. The window dressing is different, sure, but it's the same movie, but without the wonder and mystery of the first one, because we already know what they're up against, so we're watching these detectives play catch-up for an hour. It's gorier, more profane, cruder, not as tightly wound.

Setting's different. We see many predators for a couple minutes, we see their ship; that's all cool but it's brief. The meat of the movie SHOULD have been the Keyes character and his team(or a character and team SIMILAR to them). That's your movie right there. Not unwitting people getting knocked over one by one again.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I'm predicting love interest as well.  You don't get someone that hot just to play a scientist. 

Johnny Handsome

Perfectly fine with her as a scientist, not much more to say at the moment but i'm happy it's finally moving forward.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 03, 2016, 10:30:57 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 03, 2016, 10:30:21 PM
So no desert? Shame. P2 worked in urban environment perfectly,  I hope P4 works too.

I was hoping for a desert too. Or a pinewood forest.. I dunno!

Remember we're moving around the planet. Who knows what locales we'll be getting? And it's like you said earlier, the location wont make the movie.

I'm a little indifferent at the minute. I wasn't fan of Apocalypse and that's all I've seen her in (that I can remember, anyway). Her being a scientist does make me think that leaked synopsis might be looking likely though. I can just foresee her as a scientist analysing this recovered Predator leak.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 03, 2016, 07:32:47 PM
A Predator film, and any film, should be more than its location. The characters, the story, the mystery will all reel you in. I'd rather have a good story and characters in a suburban home than a bad story and characters in an underground arctic pyramid. If a fantastical or exotic location would've been best for telling his story, he would've set it there. Remember this film takes place in many locales anyway, per Dekker. Remember, The Predator is going to partly reminiscent of an early Spielberg film.

Glad we have a scientist character though! Bring some gravitas to the series. Give us some nice scientific monologues. Commandos, cops, guys with guns, more guys with guns, yada yada yada.

If he is going to be following the first 2 Pred films then we know that the Preds like hunting from high locations. Why would this hunter change that pattern and go to a place that does not offer that? Is this suburb filled with high trees? I guess it's possible since the pred was chilling on a tree in the cemetery in Pred 2.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Can't say I'm familiar enough with her work to be either excited or disappointed, but glad we're getting some news!

Also lol at the media still calling this film a reboot.

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 04, 2016, 09:19:09 AM
Also lol at the media still calling this film a reboot.
You're just never going to let that "reboot" thing go, are you. :P

Personally I'm betting on Afghanistan and this movie being a prequel. Yea I know it isn't going to be that but hey, who knows what can happen during script editing. However Munn is kind of perfect for a Predator movie. Nothing wrong with adding her to the cast.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 04, 2016, 10:03:08 AMYou're just never going to let that "reboot" thing go, are you. :P

Fair point :)

But when the director himself has literally gone on record saying, "THIS FILM IS NOT A REBOOT," it seems pretty stupid to keep calling it one.

Vermillion

Another Mary Sue. 
Comic Convention Fan boy service.
Move along.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 04, 2016, 11:21:43 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 04, 2016, 10:03:08 AMYou're just never going to let that "reboot" thing go, are you. :P

Fair point :)

But when the director himself has literally gone on record saying, "THIS FILM IS NOT A REBOOT," it seems pretty stupid to keep calling it one.

Hoping they don't pull a soft reboot on us which Jurassic World, Star Wars The Force Awakens, Blair Witch 2016 have been nitpicked for.

Speed

She's a bad actress. She's a Megan Fox. Nice to look at, but please don't say a ******g word... So of course she'll be get plenty of screen time even though she has the onscreen personality of *insert inanimate object here*

Best case scenario is she gets impaled and skinned within the first 30 seconds of doing lab work on the Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed