Predator: Hunting Grounds Now Available for Pre-Order! Digital Deluxe Edition, New Screenshots & More Pre-Order Incentives!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 11, 2019, 02:48:17 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Now Available for Pre-Order! Digital Deluxe Edition, New Screenshots & More Pre-Order Incentives! (Read 21,755 times)

Kailem

Yeah now that we've had confirmation on the classes and customisation, the possibility of other movie (and/or comic, figure etc.) skins being included either as unlockables or as future DLC is the question I'd most like to know the answer to.

Hopefully since we know we'll be getting Jungle Hunter that might open the door for other skins to be included, since if they were to sell DLC those would surely be the most popular/best-selling.

I'm a bit surprised to hear such unambiguous language regarding the '87 skin not being sold later. Like RidgeTop said, usually pre-order stuff is sold later but they just can't say it, or else potentially risk those precious pre-orders. We usually get ambiguous terms like "so, right now we're just focusing on this as pre-order content" rather than ever actually say "no, we'll never be selling this later." This was a bit more blunt, but I guess there's technically still some wiggle room there. Maybe in the days since they came up with a plan to sell it post-launch, so it's still technically and chronologically accurate (the best kind of accurate)! :P

But yeah either way I'll be pre-ordering, so no real worries there. I'm just waiting for any UK retailers to actually put listings up for a physical version. I'm beginning to think this could end up being a digital-only release over here.

SuperiorIronman

Some games don't release Pre-order content (I think AVP 2010 didn't) but more often than not if they aren't releasing the item they do release something similar.

Back when Marvel Heroes was still around the Founders got Symbiote Spider-man which came with new dialogue and visual FX to represent the alien suit. Later on they released black suited Spider-man which had new lines (or at least an altered set) and it lacked the goo FX on the model and tendrils so it looked like cloth. The reasoning being that those who opted in could retain the unique item but it didn't bar others from getting similar versions.  .

In this case I'd imagine that if for some reason they don't release the 87 Predator we'd get something like the Classic Predator (the one that got crucified in Predators) or I could also see them releasing Greyback later. A bunch of Predators use that armor set so it's entirely possible they could release a new skin later with some alterations for those who missed out.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Jan 29, 2020, 09:27:56 PM
But yeah either way I'll be pre-ordering, so no real worries there. I'm just waiting for any UK retailers to actually put listings up for a physical version. I'm beginning to think this could end up being a digital-only release over here.

I've held off on pre-purchasing because I want to see if we're gonna get any deluxe physical editions too.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2020, 10:36:33 AM

I've held off on pre-purchasing because I want to see if we're gonna get any deluxe physical editions too.

That is EXACTLY what I've been doing brother!  Exactly!

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2020, 10:36:33 AM

Yeah there's never any point pre-ordering too soon when it's usually not until a while later that the obligatory special editions, deluxe editions, collector's editions etc. (if the game ends up having them) are even announced. Always better to wait and see which version is the one you're actually going to want to buy.

Deathbearer

I don't know if I'm gonna pre-order or not but what I've seen looks pretty good. Honestly if enough of people here get the game on Playstation I might hop in to play with you rascals.

Voodoo Magic

Rascal?  I've always considered myself a cheeky little devil!

Shaeffer11

I just preordered it just for the background theme haha haha (Billy/Traeger laugh)

Corporal Hicks

I can confirm there's gonna be no fancy pants physical release for this one. We get a physical release but it's just standard. I'll be making my pre-purchase on the PlayStation Store soon.

Kailem

Confirmation of a UK physical release is certainly good. I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled for it on the usual sites.

Ultimately as much as I'm looking forward to it I wasn't planning on getting the deluxe version, so standard being the only one that's getting a physical release is ok with me.

Deathbearer

Standard physical works for me also. I know some of you guys are UK so hopefully the servers will still let us play together.

Corporal Hicks

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe earlier this week but the theme and avatars still haven't shown up yet. Do I need to do something extra to get them? Baring in mind I don't really play the PlayStation, not sure how it's supposed to work.

Kailem

I've seen some people saying on Twitter that they're not showing up for people in certain regions, so despite it saying that those are instant unlocks it might just be busted.

On the other hand you could try going to your downloads section and seeing if there's anything there. Failing that check your library and see it there might be downloads there, or if it gives you a pic of the game on your dashboard with a countdown timer to release look below it to see all the associated downloads and you might find them there.

Corporal Hicks

Just asked Playstation support. UKians won't get the content until the game's release for some reason.

Kailem

That's dumb. They really should update the store description to reflect that. Pretty sure I checked just a few days ago and it was still saying the theme and avatars were instant unlocks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed