Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,323 times)

Whiskeybrewer

I will definitely be getting the Superman TPB. Good to have both Supes/Xeno series in one place

JungleHunter87

Defiantly picking these up. LOVE the Dorman cover variant. I will make it a priority to pick it up. It'd be almost sacrilege not to.

Ultramorph

The Superman/Aliens trade is up for pre-order on Amazon with a release date of August 16, 2016.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1506702147?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 17, 2016, 06:06:47 PM
The Superman/Aliens trade is up for pre-order on Amazon with a release date of August 16, 2016.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1506702147?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Wait, is this a re-release of the old Superman vs Aliens comic? Or is this a completely new crossover?

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 17, 2016, 03:24:16 PM
We have our June 2016 solicitations, and they're a doozy!
Predator: Life and Death #4
Spoiler
QuoteThe conclusion of the first Life and Death story arc!
Predator: Life and Death #4 (of 4)
Dan Abnett (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale June 1
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
The battle between the Colonial Marines and the Predators opens on two fronts as the humans attempt to split the enemy's force and take possession of the mysterious horseshoe-shaped alien spaceship! Getting their hands on the alien technology will be a huge victory for the humans... or will it?
[close]

Prometheus: Life and Death #1
Spoiler
A Dave Dorman variant cover!

QuoteRidley Scott's monster gods!
Prometheus: Life and Death #1 (of 4)
Dan Abnett (W), Andrea Mutti (A), Rain Beredo (C), David Palumbo (Cover), Sachin Teng (Variant cover), and Dave Dorman (30th anniversary variant cover)
On sale June 8
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
Colonial Marines have commandeered a mysterious alien ship -- wresting it from the savage Predators who also wanted it. But now the owner of the vessel has awakened, and the marines find themselves trapped in space with an angry god!
• Chapter two of the Life and Death story cycle!
[close]

Wonderful  :-* So I guess it will be Predator, Prometheus...then Aliens and AVP for the grand finale?

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 17, 2016, 07:01:54 PM
Wait, is this a re-release of the old Superman vs Aliens comic? Or is this a completely new crossover?

It's a re-release of the two Superman/Aliens crossovers from the early 2000s, plus a few other older stories.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 17, 2016, 07:39:04 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 17, 2016, 07:01:54 PM

It's a re-release of the two Superman/Aliens crossovers from the early 2000s, plus a few other older stories.

Ah, cool. I loved that Superman vs Aliens comic. I loved the that despite Superman being quite powerful, their acid blood stung his eyes real bad when it splashed on his face.

happypred

Really curious as to how the humans try to split enemy force

Ultramorph

Predator #3, Aliens: Defiance #3 and Prometheus #1 are all up for pre-order on TFAW, but the Dorman and Sachin Teng versions haven't been listed yet.

Ultramorph

The Dave Dorman and Sachin Teng variants for Prometheus #1 are available for pre-order now on TFAW! Got my Dorman variant.  ;D

426Buddy

I like both covers a lot, but Dorman wins hands down, got mine preordered ;D

Corporal Hicks

I asked my local to try and get me the Dorman cover. I just hope he manages it!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Dark Horse's Emerald City Comic-Con schedule has been put up on the W-Y Bulletin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WYbulletin/permalink/1000186250064085/

Josh Izzo will be at the A/v/P panel, which is this Friday!

QuoteDark Horse Comics and Twentieth Century Fox: A Relationship Spanning Universes
12:15 p.m.–1:15 p.m. T305
Dark Horse achieved one of its earliest successes with the 1988 publication of Aliens, followed that with Predator (1989) and Aliens vs. Predator (1990), won over fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with comics starting in 1998, and is now developing comics for the beautiful blue world of James Cameron's Avatar. Join Joshua Izzo (Director of Licensing, Twentieth Century Fox), Randy Stradley (Vice President of Publishing, Dark Horse Comics), Brian Thies (Predator: Life and Death), Faith Erin Hicks (Buffy: The High School Years), and others involved in creating the worlds of the Xenoverse, the Whedonverse, and the Pandoran biosphere.

Corporal Hicks

Ah, fantastic! I hope we get some good stuff from that!

Ultramorph

Hoping for some more sweet cover art, at the very least. I still want to know if Dave Palumbo is doing a banner poster for the event, like he did for FaS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed