2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 39,441 times)

PRJ_since1990

So far I have had no luck finding any. The prices for some of the signed main cast cards are absolutely ridiculous but not surprised.

Machiko Naguchi

Yeah there are some expensive prices definitely. I will just try to get the basics and then try to find some sketches and autographs every once in a while if the price is right. Even the artist autograph ones can be pricey for what they are. I appreciate the uniqueness of the 1 of 1 stuff but it makes it difficult to try to get any kind of completion.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I just bought the base set from ebay.   

The prices are all over the place on the dog tags and autograph cards. I'm not an experienced card buyer. Do prices go up or down as time goes on? By time I mean 6 months?

Machiko Naguchi

Besides the prices making me wary of the sketch cards, most of them seem to be fairly ugly in my opinion and not worth the money. Anybody else feel the same way?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Apr 14, 2016, 01:52:31 AM
Besides the prices making me wary of the sketch cards, most of them seem to be fairly ugly in my opinion and not worth the money. Anybody else feel the same way?

Firstly, I'm not into trading cards, but to give you my 2 cents on this subject, I completely agree.  The sketches are very meh.  One could argue that they are after all just sketches, but consider a sketch by someone like Syd Mead.  Mindblowing.  The only way to describe what that would be.  What I'm saying is that a sketch doesn't have to be average or weak.  It can truly be inspired.  I haven't seen anything in the set that I would think would fall in that category.  They're ok.  No more.  What really is not cool is that nobody will ever have the complete set.  I feel bad for the hard-core collectors who are completists.  The circuits in their brains must be blowing as we speak..

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 14, 2016, 02:44:12 AM
Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Apr 14, 2016, 01:52:31 AM

Firstly, I'm not into trading cards, but to give you my 2 cents on this subject, I completely agree.  The sketches are very meh.  One could argue that they are after all just sketches, but consider a sketch by someone like Syd Mead.  Mindblowing.  The only way to describe what that would be.  What I'm saying is that a sketch doesn't have to be average or weak.  It can truly be inspired.  I haven't seen anything in the set that I would think would fall in that category.  They're ok.  No more.  What really is not cool is that nobody will ever have the complete set.  I feel bad for the hard-core collectors who are completists.  The circuits in their brains must be blowing as we speak..
And I believe that was exactly the point. It will drive business as collectors attempt to collect them all and since the cards are rather scarce, they will buy the best value available which is the full box, which should be around $100. Sell base sets and convert them into the next box.

Limited edition things are very sensitive.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Still trying to get hold of some locally.

Full checklist is available on Cardboard Connections: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2016-upper-deck-alien-anthology-trading

100 card base set with a duplicate foil set.

16 single autograph cards

SA-BP Bill Paxton as Hudson
SA-CD Charles S. Dutton as Dillon
SA-CH Carrie Henn as Newt
SA-CS Cynthia Scott as Cpl. Dietrich
SA-DK Daniel Kash as Pvt. Spunkmeyer
SA-DP Dominique Pinon as Vriess
SA-GD Gary Dourdan as Christie
SA-HS Harry Dean Stanton as BrettSA-LH Lance Henriksen as Bishop
SA-MR Mark Rolston as Pvt. Drake
SA-PR Paul Reiser as Burke
SA-RP Ron Perlman as Johner
SA-RR Ricco Ross as Pvt. Frost
SA-SW Sigourney Weaver as Ripley
SA-TS Tom Skerritt as Dallas
SA-VC Veronica Cartwright as Lamber

15 dual signature cards

DA-CH Lance Henriksen
Carrie Henn
DA-CS Harry Dean Stanton
Veronica Cartwright
DA-DD Charles Dance
Charles S. Dutton
DA-DR Daniel Kash
Ricco Ross
DA-HR Mark Rolston
Lance Henriksen
DA-PD Dominique Pinon
Gary Dourdan
DA-PH Bill Paxton
Lance Henriksen
DA-PR Mark Rolston
Bill PaxtonDA-PW Bill Paxton
Sigourney Weaver
DA-RH Carrie Henn
Paul Reiser
DA-SC Tom Skerritt
Veronica Cartwright
DA-SR Ricco Ross
Cynthia Scott
DA-SS Harry Dean Stanton
Tom Skerritt
DA-WH Sigourney Weaver
Carrie Henn
DA-WS Sigourney Weaver
Tom Skerritt

Character Bios Set Checklist
12 cards.
CB-AC Annalee Call
CB-DA Dallas Arthur
CB-DP Dennis Parker
CB-ER Ellen Ripley
CB-FE Frank Elgyn
CB-JG Jonathan GedimanCB-JL Joan Lambert
CB-JO Johner
CB-JV John Vriess
CB-LB Lance Bishop
CB-MP Martin Perez
CB-WH William Hudson

Legendary Game Artwork Set Checklist
10 cards. Specific artists listed below.
PARALLEL CARDS: Autographed versions
LA-1 Kevin Enhart
LA-2 Kevin Enhart
LA-3 Adam Brown
LA-4 Adam Brown
LA-5 Kevin Enhart
LA-6 Vinz Tabanaz
LA-7 Vinz Tabanaz
LA-8 Kevin Enhart
LA-9 Adam Brown
LA-10 Vincenzo Cucca

Space Marine Dog Tags Set Checklist
15 cards.
DT-BS Bishop
DT-BU Burke
DT-CR Christie
DT-DA Dallas Arthur
DT-DH Dwayne Hicks
DT-DI Cpl. Dietrich
DT-DR Drake
DT-GE GedimanDT-JL Joan Lambert
DT-JO Johner
DT-LD Leonard Dillon
DT-PA Parker
DT-RJ Rebecca "Newt" Jorden
DT-SB Samuel Brett
DT-VR Vriess

Space Marine Dog Tag Actor Autographs Set Checklist
15 cards. Serial Numbered #/5.
DTA-BS Lance Henriksen
DTA-BU Paul Reiser
DTA-CR Gary Dourdan
DTA-DA Tom Skerritt
DTA-DI Cynthia Scott
DTA-DR Mark Rolston
DTA-ER Sigourney Weaver
DTA-JL Veronica Cartwright

Weyland Yutani Propaganda Posters Set Checklist
10 cards.
PARALLEL CARDS: Patty McPancakes Autographs #/70

Sketch Artists Checklist
38 artists.
Abdul Ghofur
Adriana Melo
Allen Geneta
Anthony Tan
Barush Merling
Benjo Camay
Bryan "SilverBaX" Sheppard
Charles Hall
Daniel Gorman
David Hindelang
Elvin Hernandez
Fabian Quintero
Federico Blee
George Vega
Harold Edge
Jade Isaig
Jason Adams
Jason Crosby
Jezreel RojalesJJ Dzialowski
John Haun
Julian Lytle
Justin Castaneda
Ken Racho
Luiz Campelo
Lydi Li Tubillara
Marco Carrillo
Mauro Fodra
Melike Acar
Mick and Matt Glebe
Mitch Ballard
Nathan Ohlendorf
Neil Camera
Patricio Carrasco
Rich Molinelli
Ron Tan
Rustico Limosinero
Tim Shay

And ordered a hobby box via Cardboard Connections. Will see how many base sets I pull out of this. Hopefully get enough for any of you interested.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I wouldn't mind a base set actually, if there's one going spare.

Corporal Hicks

Will see what this box yields!  :)

FiorinaFury161

Good luck!

Let me know if that Dance-Dutton dual autograph shows up! :D

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping I get some of those dual autographs. I don't think I'm going to get one complete base set out of this. 20 packs per box, 5 cards per pack.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I pretty much regretted buying this as soon as I figured I wouldn't get the full set. I hoped I'd pull a decent chase card worth forking out the money for the box. As I expected, no full set. 75 out of 100 cards. 12 of the parallel foil cards which are just the same as the base cards with a foil W-Y symbol in the background. 2 Legendary Encounters art cards, 3 artist insights, 3 crew cards, Mark Rolston autograph and Bishop dogtag. Absolutely piss poor distribution. Really disappointed in Upper Deck in this set. Terrible ratio in the box (am I the only one who remembers when you got 2 base sets from a booster box?) and couldn't find them anywhere in England - had to order from the States. It's annoying because they're a f**king gorgeous set! It's going to cost a ridiculous amount to collect this one.

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2016, 10:53:13 AM
So I pretty much regretted buying this as soon as I figured I wouldn't get the full set. I hoped I'd pull a decent chase card worth forking out the money for the box. As I expected, no full set. 75 out of 100 cards. 12 of the parallel foil cards which are just the same as the base cards with a foil W-Y symbol in the background. 2 Legendary Encounters art cards, 3 artist insights, 3 crew cards, Mark Rolston autograph and Bishop dogtag. Absolutely piss poor distribution. Really disappointed in Upper Deck in this set. Terrible ratio in the box (am I the only one who remembers when you got 2 base sets from a booster box?) and couldn't find them anywhere in England - had to order from the States. It's annoying because they're a f**king gorgeous set! It's going to cost a ridiculous amount of collect this one.

I'm sorry to hear this.
I wanted to wait and see what the distribution was per box. There's a chance you just got unlucky, but it's not worth the risk. Probably just gonna buy the base set+ the sub sets.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2016, 10:53:13 AM
So I pretty much regretted buying this as soon as I figured I wouldn't get the full set. I hoped I'd pull a decent chase card worth forking out the money for the box. As I expected, no full set. 75 out of 100 cards. 12 of the parallel foil cards which are just the same as the base cards with a foil W-Y symbol in the background. 2 Legendary Encounters art cards, 3 artist insights, 3 crew cards, Mark Rolston autograph and Bishop dogtag. Absolutely piss poor distribution. Really disappointed in Upper Deck in this set. Terrible ratio in the box (am I the only one who remembers when you got 2 base sets from a booster box?) and couldn't find them anywhere in England - had to order from the States. It's annoying because they're a f**king gorgeous set! It's going to cost a ridiculous amount to collect this one.
So would you recommend this at all? Do you believe it's worth the money?

FiorinaFury161

Considering boxes are going for 150$ on ebay (the only place I found them so far), I don't think it's worth it. I still want the Charles Dance / Charles Dutton dual autograph tho (still no luck on finding one) and will buy it when it comes up.

Sorry your box yielded not too much excitement, CHicks. I was awaiting to see your sketch card from the box... :( 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed