More AvP2 Info

Started by Darkness, Apr 15, 2007, 07:52:32 PM

Author
More AvP2 Info (Read 14,998 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Good news. I have high hopes for this one    ;)  

Punk19

Punk19

This might actually be a good film, I'm not saying great because it is too soon to tell right now. If the rumour is true about a trailer in June, then the release has been sped up a bit. In other words, *beep* on, bring on AVP2

leprechaun62689

leprechaun62689

You can tell by the work they have done in the past that what they say is going to show.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Mmmmmmm, yeah kind of. But hey! You also have to ask yourself....."Can anything else be worse than AVP?," am right?

Cryxen

Cryxen

ive already stocked up on adult diapers for when this comes out cuz when i see it i know im gonna $#!* my pants. cant wait!!!!!

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Well, guys, hate to break it to you, but ALiens see them a mile away, so Preds cannot hunt Aliens the same way they do humans... Also, an Aliens' 'Raptor' kind of pack hunting is d

topman

topman

agree with you mate! some people will believe anything without any proof!

topman

topman

i think the christmas release is the most stupid idea in the world!! i mean why???? it doesn't make any sense??!?!?!?   ???  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Probably to have more breathing time for the Postprod VFX and marketing strategising... Though the are doing a pretty good job right now with the marketing part...    ::)  

Newsfop

Newsfop

I sometimes get the feeling that many on this board want the movie to fail regardless of how many updates are given. Any mention of progress on the film is then debated toward the negative. "Oh the brothers are inexperienced. Oh they talk a big game but won't deliver. I'll believe what I hear when I see a trailer and more pictures." I've just about had it. What, you think it's easy to live up to the expectations two popular franchises and at the same time? At least these guys are getting their say in everything rather than getting badgered about by the studio execs. Mr. Fincher all but divorced himself from the project he worked on in '92.  Dammit, just chill!    >:(  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

...Which should be taken as a hint by us...  Any movie that WILL make a lot of money regardless of it's quality should be scrutinised on a preview analysis... why do you think there should be previews to the press...? Too much money is involved and we have the right to know beforehand if the movie is worth our hard-earned money ! Why else do you think I am being demanding...? "Because I want it to fail..."? What kind of an argument is that? I WANT a decent movie... I want a movie that doesn't spell 'rushed, on the knee, and especially money-driven..."... Fox has been doing that for far too long and it is time we, the real movie fans, not Alien or Predator fans, to make them abide by the product they are shoving down your throat and mine!  DO you want another AlienRes...? Do you want another AVP...? Then keep giving them the benefit of the doubt, especially knowing how disgraceful the first draft was... Do you think mere rewrites will do the trick? Everyone knows that the first draft is the one more creative, more original and with the furthest incubation time... two or three rewrites...? Ok, have it your way...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Being cautious and assertive never harmed anyone... if you go slow into the precipice, you will see it and back off in time... if you rush, you won't...   Besides, why the hell do you think movies are done in the first place...? To MEET your expectations or to surpass them...? You KNOW that from the beginning...   I have seen too many sequels to know they're lazy, unoriginal and especially money-driven stereotyped movies... The only way they fight it is more over-the-hill action, nearing the preposterous... That is what you expect from this movie, right? More aliens, more predators, more gore, more closeups on the aliens, a skinnier Predator, an 'Aliens'-like Alien, right...?  Well, what about the story...? WHo cares what the Aliens or Predators will look like if the story fails miserably...?   I am sure you never even gave any thought to the AICN script, you know why...? Denial... It is easier to go and see it if you dismiss everything you know... and you know plenty already...the story is obviously flawed, with Aliens on Earth, something Brandywine was delaying exactly because it would KILL the franchise... The threat of Aliens on Earth was far juicier than them actually being here...  So, Newsfop, like I said, don't worry, I am not gonna shoot you to stop you from seing it... Just remember you will not have any moral grounds to criticise it later because you CHOSE to ignore the signs...

Newsfop

Newsfop

There's no point in going to see a movie at all if I know exactly what it's going to look like, what's going to happen, and what secrets are going to be revealed. If I did, it would be like opening a present when I already knew what would be inside it. I come from an older generation of film goers who see it fit to claim the right to bitch AFTER we have seen the movie. You wait until all the pieces are together before you tear it apart.  I never read anything on Aint It Cool News on the basis of ethical and fundamental reasons.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Okidoki then... straighten that out... gotcha...  There is no point FOR YOU, but there is for others...it depends what you value more, the trip or the destination, form or content, FX or story... Knowing a story before hand does not destroy it..if that was so, then after seing one movie, it would have no more use, now would it...? What differentiates a good movie from a bad one is that a good survives everything, the reviews, the test of time, the modernization of film resources, everything... Like I said, Batman begins survived, in my mind, and actually made me longer more to see it, the visual aspects of it... I think this AVP does not even qualify to stand with BB in comparison, not because of the script, but because of the depth that BB has and AVP2 will certainly not have... they are in too different leagues, despite being comic characters... the Story and script treatment is amazingly different, which is easily understandable... For one, Warner is not FOX, thank goodness... second, Chris Nolan is not PWA or the Strause Bros,being so much better director... Third, BATMAN is a far more successsful character in the boxoffice than an Alien or Predator ever be... Those are just facts...

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

I knew a year before that BB would be awesome, just by reading the cript, but when i actually saw it, it blew my mind... the action, the actors, the directing, all top notch... And i am sure you all have a movie whose script you read and that was still or even more interesting than on the script... It is normal... What you see in the script is the dialgoues, mostly, with stage directions that can help you visualise it, but still need to be seen to assert how good the visuals are, namely, how the actors act, their expressions, body language, etc...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed