Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 63,669 times)

Voodoo Magic

Or I guess Noah can bounce back and forth in time to satisfy such a quota in the narrative.

Meaning he show some pulse-pounding Xeno scene, then cuts to a "12 Months Earlier" subtitle, and continues from there, etc.

Mister T

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 09, 2021, 05:42:25 AM
Another push back. Apparently the hard-back is April 23rd, and the paperback is Feb 2022 now. Wtf is going on with this book's release outside the States.  :o

The worlds publishers don't like you Limeys, apparently...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 19, 2021, 02:06:14 PM
Or I guess Noah can bounce back and forth in time to satisfy such a quota in the narrative.

Meaning he show some pulse-pounding Xeno scene, then cuts to a "12 Months Earlier" subtitle, and continues from there, etc.

I'm predicting more of an A plot and B plot that eventually collide.

Prez

Spoiler
Wow. Just got up to the bit where Cheyenne just got knocked off. Alex sure doesn't mind killing off key characters ...
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on May 25, 2021, 06:19:37 AM
Spoiler
Wow. Just got up to the bit where Cheyenne just got knocked off. Alex sure doesn't mind killing off key characters ...
[close]

Yeah, it's a real refreshing approach. No one is safe.

Corporal Hicks

I never saw it coming. Absolutely loved that moment.

HuDaFuK

Spoiler
There were a few "Oh shit!" shock deaths in this.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I had a quite a few "oh shit" moments not related to

Spoiler
deaths!
[close]

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 25, 2021, 01:09:30 PM
Honestly, I had a quite a few "oh shit" moments not related to

Spoiler
deaths!
[close]

Spoiler
BLUE MARSALIS!!! HOLY SHIT!!! I need to stop coming to this thread until I finish this book ...  ;D
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on May 25, 2021, 01:39:03 PM
Spoiler
BLUE MARSALIS!!! HOLY SHIT!!! I need to stop coming to this thread until I finish this book ...  ;D
[close]

Yes, that.

The very concept I loathe became the thing I loved.


Kimarhi

Spoiler
It honestly saved Blue's character for me.  I could kind of see it coming about midway through the first book but didn't think she would actually become Alien.  I thought Blue and whats his nuts weirdo killer dude from the first book were so boring that it was a pleasant surprise reading chapters she was involved in in this one.
[close]

guymelfe

How political is this book? I'm curious given that it clearly has modern parallels and frankly I'm so sick of politics I don't want it in my leisure activities whether I agree with it or not.

Kimarhi

There are times when you think it is going to get political but then White kind of turns it on its head with a counterpoint. 

I'd say it is slightly left leaning but not super left that it is unreadable. 

guymelfe

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 27, 2021, 02:55:18 AM
There are times when you think it is going to get political but then White kind of turns it on its head with a counterpoint. 

I'd say it is slightly left leaning but not super left that it is unreadable.

So Iranians are the "good guys" and America bad, yes?

Engineer

Quote from: guymelfe on May 27, 2021, 02:31:16 AM
How political is this book? I'm curious given that it clearly has modern parallels and frankly I'm so sick of politics I don't want it in my leisure activities whether I agree with it or not.
The parallels you're seeing, are coincidental. Alex started writing this long before the recent instances that put Iran in the headlines.

And the Iranians are not the bad guys... the Americans aren't the bad guys either; well, not all of the Americans anyway. The bad guys are American, but there's plenty of good guys who are also American.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed