Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 63,668 times)

Voodoo Magic

I just finished!

Now I can finally go back and start reading these spoiler tags! Woot!  :)

Kimarhi

I should read it.  I have it.  I'm at home because of covid 19 exposure.................but my fandom just isn't what it used to be. 

Engineer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 12, 2021, 05:11:06 AM
I should read it.  I have it.  I'm at home because of covid 19 exposure.................but my fandom just isn't what it used to be.
I say give it a go!
You've got the book, you've got the time. It may reinvigorate your fandom; I say what have ya got to lose?


Ps. Sorry about the Covid exposure :-/

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2021, 01:25:03 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 08, 2021, 01:20:25 AM
Spoiler
I'm a little unsure of Blue becoming a weird rattlesnake xenomorph, I'll wait and see how it all plays out first though.
[close]

I personally was really into this particular element, but I do think it is going to split a lot of people.

Question for people that have finished the novel:

Spoiler
Maybe I missed a detail while reading, but do we know why exactly Blue chose this planet to come to in the Blackstar? If that was explained, I feel like I somehow missed that detail. I'd imagine Blue was drawn to the Engineer facility located here...

Speaking of the facility, since it was a Weyland era installation over that (rather than WY), that must have been discovered not long after the events of Prometheus. I wonder if maybe another star map led Weyland Industries here in the first place?

Also, I imagine the Blackstar is a Bowie reference, and if so, love it. 8)

EDIT: Flipping through the book again, and it seems like  the Five Months Ago conversation between Marsalis and Thien at the start of "Part III: Revenant" is the context that slipped my mind about why Blue came to Hasanova.
[close]

Spoiler
THIEN
[close]
is me! I sent the
Spoiler
GINZA Files  ;D
[close]

Kimarhi

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 12, 2021, 05:19:18 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 12, 2021, 05:11:06 AM
I should read it.  I have it.  I'm at home because of covid 19 exposure.................but my fandom just isn't what it used to be.
I say give it a go!
You've got the book, you've got the time. It may reinvigorate your fandom; I say what have ya got to lose?


Ps. Sorry about the Covid exposure :-/

I don't have it.  But I live with someone who does...........thus I'm at home.  \

My first day off was yesterday.  So I got plenty of time. 

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 08, 2021, 02:26:47 AM
Spoiler
for that visual depiction of blue, think 'unused alien3' design:
https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/32.jpg
[close]

This was really helpful my friend. Even though it's from a different project and a different time, even after finishing this book, I really had a hard time visualizing this character in my head.  Not anymore, so this definitely helped! 👏

Engineer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 06:00:01 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 08, 2021, 02:26:47 AM
Spoiler
for that visual depiction of blue, think 'unused alien3' design:
https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/32.jpg
[close]

This was really helpful my friend. Even though it's from a different project and a different time, even after finishing this book, I really had a hard time visualizing this character in my head.  Not anymore, so this definitely helped! 👏
Glad I could help! :-)

Corporal Hicks

The moment I made that connection I was just like... :o

Engineer

Same here; really shocked me!

Voodoo Magic

Everytime I read

Spoiler
your name Hicks
[close]

it took me a little out of the book!  :laugh:

426Buddy

 :laugh:

Spoiler
He was so harsh on your character lol!
[close]

Voodoo Magic

I honestly thought his involvement would literally end with...

Spoiler
Not Percival. He failed the audition, so I'm sending that little bitch home.

I was like.. Oh no! Poor Aaron! He'll never be able to live that down!

But alas, he redeemed himself!

[close]


Engineer

Quote from: muthur9000 on Mar 12, 2021, 07:49:39 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2021, 01:25:03 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 08, 2021, 01:20:25 AM
Spoiler
I'm a little unsure of Blue becoming a weird rattlesnake xenomorph, I'll wait and see how it all plays out first though.
[close]

I personally was really into this particular element, but I do think it is going to split a lot of people.

Question for people that have finished the novel:

Spoiler
Maybe I missed a detail while reading, but do we know why exactly Blue chose this planet to come to in the Blackstar? If that was explained, I feel like I somehow missed that detail. I'd imagine Blue was drawn to the Engineer facility located here...

Speaking of the facility, since it was a Weyland era installation over that (rather than WY), that must have been discovered not long after the events of Prometheus. I wonder if maybe another star map led Weyland Industries here in the first place?

Also, I imagine the Blackstar is a Bowie reference, and if so, love it. 8)

EDIT: Flipping through the book again, and it seems like  the Five Months Ago conversation between Marsalis and Thien at the start of "Part III: Revenant" is the context that slipped my mind about why Blue came to Hasanova.
[close]

Spoiler
THIEN
[close]
is me! I sent the
Spoiler
GINZA Files  ;D
[close]
Spoiler
hi THIEN! I'm the one who got the watery grave 😏
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 09:36:59 PM
I honestly thought his involvement would literally end with...

Spoiler
Not Percival. He failed the audition, so I'm sending that little bitch home.

I was like.. Oh no! Poor Aaron! He'll never be able to live that down!

But alas, he redeemed himself!

[close]

Just meant he succeeded at
Spoiler
not being a corrupt f**ker.
[close]


Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 12, 2021, 09:01:44 PM
Everytime I read

Spoiler
your name Hicks
[close]

it took me a little out of the book!  :laugh:

Fortunately not a problem many will have lol


Still waiting for my damn copy to arrive.

Concerned Bystander

I wasn't really a huge fan of The Cold Forge, but that doesn't mean for a second that I won't be getting a hold of Into Charybdis at the soonest opportunity.  There is a hunger that must be fed, and even the worst Alien book is better than starvation.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed