Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 63,250 times)

Engineer

Engineer

#195
For those of you listening to the audiobook
This is the map from inside the first few pages of the book. Should help with visualizing the facility

https://twitter.com/alexwhitebooks/status/1365103529334038532

Edit: again, I dunno why the weird error, but the link works lol

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

#196
Quote from: Engineer on Feb 26, 2021, 09:23:46 PM
Edit: again, I dunno why the weird error, but the link works lol

You must delete the "?s=21" part of the link.

Engineer

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 26, 2021, 09:29:14 PM
You must delete the "?s=21" part of the link.

Ah! Thank you for that! :-)

Immortan Jonesy


HuDaFuK

So I caved, ordered a signed copy and it arrived today. A few chapters in. As if it wasn't obvious enough already from Cold Forge, the author really gets Alien.

TheBATMAN

Agreed. Im around 100 pages in and it's all very intriguing so far.

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 27, 2021, 11:39:13 AM
So I caved, ordered a signed copy and it arrived today. A few chapters in. As if it wasn't obvious enough already from Cold Forge, the author really gets Alien.

It feels so authentic.

So much I wanna talk about with everyone.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 27, 2021, 10:13:10 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 27, 2021, 11:39:13 AM
So I caved, ordered a signed copy and it arrived today. A few chapters in. As if it wasn't obvious enough already from Cold Forge, the author really gets Alien.

It feels so authentic.

So much I wanna talk about with everyone.

Maybe a spoiler thread for those who've finished?

Local Trouble

How does it compare to TCF?

Engineer

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 27, 2021, 10:40:43 PM
How does it compare to TCF?

Very different from TCF but still strong character development and interesting/complex characters.

I loved it right off the bat; but with time, after digesting everything that happened some more, I find myself loving it more. Honestly I'm not sure which I liked better, TCF or into charybdis.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

#205
I'm about 150 pages into this so far and very into it. 8)

EDIT: Make that 200 pages, and though I'm not nearly at the halfway mark yet, I am far enough in to say that this is absolutely living up to the standard that Alex White had set with The Cold Forge.

TheBATMAN

Page 240... Harsh! 😅

Russ840

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 28, 2021, 12:52:22 AM
I'm about 150 pages into this so far and very into it. 8)

EDIT: Make that 200 pages, and though I'm not nearly at the halfway mark yet, I am far enough in to say that this is absolutely living up to the standard that Alex White had set with The Cold Forge.

Agreed.  420 pages in and not wanting to get to the end but really excited for the resolutions

Xenomrph

I want to get this but I much prefer getting paperbacks. :(

HuDaFuK

About two-thirds of the way through and people are spot on saying it's a very different beast to Cold Forge. In every way that felt like something of a revelation in this series, in a lot of ways this recalls the oldschool Alien books... but combined with the excellent prose and character work of White's previous book. It's great.

This is very spoiler but for anyone who's past the halfway point:
Spoiler
HOLY SHIT I DID NOT SEE SHY'S DEATH COMING!
[close]

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed