Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 96,603 times)

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 18, 2021, 03:51:15 AM
https://twitter.com/wolfmuthur/status/1372394421686206464

Listening now

Spoiler
I f**king knew that the some of the marines were based on that psycho Navy Seal who was pardoned by Trump! And that's exactly why I had no problem with the Marines portrayal here. But boy did I love to hate Duncan!
[close]

Still got like 2 hours left of this podcast but enjoying it so far!

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
I'll take it a step further and say, not only did I "have no problem" with the Colonial Marine presentation here - I think it is the first time they've even been used in a genuinely interesting way since Cameron's film.
[close]

HuDaFuK

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2021, 09:27:45 AM
I don't wanna dog-ear it!

I read mine an it's still immaculate.

Just take the dust jacket off and take care dude.

kwisatz

Only read the dust jacket.

It's how I got through academia.

Local Trouble

kwisatz

i'm a

Spoiler
surgeont
[close]

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 13, 2021, 03:36:08 PM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Mar 12, 2021, 07:49:39 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2021, 01:25:03 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 08, 2021, 01:20:25 AM
Spoiler
I'm a little unsure of Blue becoming a weird rattlesnake xenomorph, I'll wait and see how it all plays out first though.
[close]

I personally was really into this particular element, but I do think it is going to split a lot of people.

Question for people that have finished the novel:

Spoiler
Maybe I missed a detail while reading, but do we know why exactly Blue chose this planet to come to in the Blackstar? If that was explained, I feel like I somehow missed that detail. I'd imagine Blue was drawn to the Engineer facility located here...

Speaking of the facility, since it was a Weyland era installation over that (rather than WY), that must have been discovered not long after the events of Prometheus. I wonder if maybe another star map led Weyland Industries here in the first place?

Also, I imagine the Blackstar is a Bowie reference, and if so, love it. 8)

EDIT: Flipping through the book again, and it seems like  the Five Months Ago conversation between Marsalis and Thien at the start of "Part III: Revenant" is the context that slipped my mind about why Blue came to Hasanova.
[close]

Spoiler
THIEN
[close]
is me! I sent the
Spoiler
GINZA Files  ;D
[close]
Spoiler
hi THIEN! I'm the one who got the watery grave 😏
[close]

I know that :P I was there!

Engineer

Quote from: muthur9000 on Mar 21, 2021, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Mar 13, 2021, 03:36:08 PM
Quote from: muthur9000 on Mar 12, 2021, 07:49:39 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2021, 01:25:03 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 08, 2021, 01:20:25 AM
Spoiler
I'm a little unsure of Blue becoming a weird rattlesnake xenomorph, I'll wait and see how it all plays out first though.
[close]

I personally was really into this particular element, but I do think it is going to split a lot of people.

Question for people that have finished the novel:

Spoiler
Maybe I missed a detail while reading, but do we know why exactly Blue chose this planet to come to in the Blackstar? If that was explained, I feel like I somehow missed that detail. I'd imagine Blue was drawn to the Engineer facility located here...

Speaking of the facility, since it was a Weyland era installation over that (rather than WY), that must have been discovered not long after the events of Prometheus. I wonder if maybe another star map led Weyland Industries here in the first place?

Also, I imagine the Blackstar is a Bowie reference, and if so, love it. 8)

EDIT: Flipping through the book again, and it seems like  the Five Months Ago conversation between Marsalis and Thien at the start of "Part III: Revenant" is the context that slipped my mind about why Blue came to Hasanova.
[close]

Spoiler
THIEN
[close]
is me! I sent the
Spoiler
GINZA Files  ;D
[close]
Spoiler
hi THIEN! I'm the one who got the watery grave 😏
[close]

I know that :P I was there!
I know, I was there too 😃 lol

426Buddy

Spoiler
So it sounds like Alex meant Blue to look like Gigers alien 3 alien, specifically the one with the plates/segmented head that you pointed me to Engineer. But I could have sworn that blue had back pipes and more of a crest to her head as described in the book, also being larger than the normal Alien. Almost seemed like maybe she was changing into a full on queen? But I need to do a re-read. I need to reread TCF as well anyway.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 21, 2021, 11:04:07 PM
Spoiler
So it sounds like Alex meant Blue to look like Gigers alien 3 alien, specifically the one with the plates/segmented head that you pointed me to Engineer. But I could have sworn that blue had back pipes and more of a crest to her head as described in the book, also being larger than the normal Alien. Almost seemed like maybe she was changing into a full on queen? But I need to do a re-read. I need to reread TCF as well anyway.
[close]

Spoiler
I don't know if she was actually changing into the Queen full on, but it absolutely part of her physical makeup via the "Queenscode."
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Pushed back again until April! I've given up and ordered another autographed copy.

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

BuT yOu'Ll DoG-eAr It!!1!

:P

BlueMarsalis79

Finally I get to read this thread over!

Spoiler
I still one hundred percent support Blue Marsalis.
[close]

426Buddy

Awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed