Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 97,811 times)

Kimarhi

I think alot of it has to do with me collecting the stuff since the early nineties.  Labyrinth was one of the first to come out with a more Alien feel as opposed to an Aliens one.  It is notable for being one of the first to break the DH formula of Colonial Marines vs the Aliens (even if it had colonial marines in it).  Salvation and Sacrifice both came out close to the same time, but both always felt more inspired by the recently released Alien 3 than they did Alien.   

426Buddy

Quote from: SpaceKase on Mar 15, 2021, 06:16:47 AM
Hey guys,

Been away for a while because of some crazy life stuff, but I'm stoked about the new book and the sudden glut of material being announced lately. Anyway, I wanted to share something I threw together for the love of Charybdis.  Not sure how to embed the video direct but, crank it up to 720p or 1080p when you get there and check it out. It's still a work in progress but I've been having some fun periodically adding details and experimenting with some styles. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/s0-0gJULVnk

See You Space Cowboys

That's awesome, great job!

Voodoo Magic

Indeed. Most impressive!  :)

426Buddy

Enjoying the podcast and I love the book. Bummer that Hicks got disconnected.

Engineer

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 19, 2021, 01:18:28 AM
Enjoying the podcast and I love the book. Bummer that Hicks got disconnected.
I'm still curious what he was going to say there lol

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I wasn't at my best that night. Was so damn tired, and then a power-cut, then I couldn't remember where I was going with that.  :-\

UK general release got pushed back again. 31st of the month now. Never going to get to read the actual book. I did finish listening to the Audible and I did really enjoy it, but I struggle to pay attention to the audio books (unlike the audio dramas) so I really do want to actually hold a book in my hand and read it with my own eyes, rather than listen.

HuDaFuK

Could you not just... read the signed on?

:P

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Voodoo Magic

Still a tricky proposition I bet if you're trying to keep it mint.

HuDaFuK

I read mine (because sod waiting) and it's not damaged.

I wouldn't wanna keep reading it - I'll get a paperback as my re-read and reference copy - but it's definitely possible the one time without marking it, especially if you take the dust cover off.

Darwinsgirl

A suggestion look for a local bookseller & see if they sell archival book jackets. They really protect the dust cover from damage. It's like milar for book cover.

Voodoo Magic

@HuDaFuK - But did you wear rubber gloves?

HuDaFuK

I turned the pages with tweezers, and sat in a hermetically-sealed environment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed