Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 03, 2020, 03:53:38 PM

Author
Fan Favourite Alex White Returns With New Novel, Alien: Into Charybdis! (Read 98,678 times)

Engineer

Quote from: SpaceKase on Mar 15, 2021, 06:16:47 AM
Hey guys,

Been away for a while because of some crazy life stuff, but I'm stoked about the new book and the sudden glut of material being announced lately. Anyway, I wanted to share something I threw together for the love of Charybdis.  Not sure how to embed the video direct but, crank it up to 720p or 1080p when you get there and check it out. It's still a work in progress but I've been having some fun periodically adding details and experimenting with some styles. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/s0-0gJULVnk

See You Space Cowboys
This is really cool!! Mind if I share it around at a few places?!

Nightmare Asylum

Hey guys,

Been away for a while because of some crazy life stuff, but I'm stoked about the new book and the sudden glut of material being announced lately. Anyway, I wanted to share something I threw together for the love of Charybdis.  Not sure how to embed the video direct but, crank it up to 720p or 1080p when you get there and check it out. It's still a work in progress but I've been having some fun periodically adding details and experimenting with some styles. Hope you like it.

See You Space Cowboys

Really cool work here! Love this. 8)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2021, 02:35:38 PM
I'm not wrong on either count.

Word.

Cold Forge is da bomb. In fact you're a heathen for thinking Phalanx was better.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 15, 2021, 05:34:04 PM

Word.

Cold Forge is da bomb. In fact you're a heathen for thinking Phalanx was better.

If I remember right, I think he might have called me a heathen once... lol

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 15, 2021, 12:52:26 PM
Hey guys,

See You Space Cowboys

Great work SK!

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 15, 2021, 06:24:09 AM
Wow! Excellent!!!
Thank you so much!
This helps with visualisation for me a lot.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 15, 2021, 05:13:22 PM

Really cool work here! Love this. 8)

Quote from: Engineer on Mar 15, 2021, 04:26:54 PM
This is really cool!! Mind if I share it around at a few places?!

Aw thank you so much! You guys are awesome. It's been pretty fun tweaking here and there while listening to the audio, It's still a wip but yeah, please do share the nerdy love, that's what it's all about.  :D

Corporal Hicks

Word.

I never said better. I said as good as. Both Scott and Alex are Gods to me.

Kradan

Word.

Oh, no, you didn't ...

426Buddy

Word.

I wouldn't blame anyone for preferring Phalanx. As with TCF it is also a great book.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm torn between preferring The Cold Forge or Into Charybdis. Gonna need a little bit more time with both before I can decide that. But those are one and two for me, with Phalanx as number three. All three are really good, though.

Kimarhi

So far I like charybdis much better than the cold forge.

I have to go old school with the bantam releases though with things that I think are as good as. 

Labyrinth is one of the best Alien stories ever made, and Berserker's novelization is one of the best Aliens ones.  Though Labyrinth novelization is helped by knowing how good the original Dark Horse tpb was.  The novelization was better knowing how much creepy ass shit they captured on the comic tpb with one of the best Alien artist of the time. 

Berserker, despite being one of the most simple stories, is still pretty awesome for the mass popping of Alien heads with a battle robot that goes on but only IF you like a more Aliens style story.  It is much better than the comic. 

Both of Whites novels aren't tied into other peoples works like the Bantam books were, and it is easy to tell that much more thought goes into his world building than what went on in the Bantam books.  But that doesn't keep them from being some of my faves.   

BlueMarsalis79

Might have a new number one.

Engineer

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 16, 2021, 05:17:22 AMLabyrinth is one of the best Alien stories ever made, and Berserker's novelization is one of the best Aliens ones.

I've never quite understood the slavish love for Labyrinth. Yes, the hive flashback might be the single best bit of EU ever told, but I think the framing story is kinda dull and generic. Overall I found it really uneven. It's not bad by any meas, but it was definitely just an OK book with one standout section.

The Berserker novel's amazing though.

Voodoo Magic

Nothing holds a candle to this masterpiece though...

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed