AvP Sci-Fi Convention Report

Started by Darkness, Jun 28, 2004, 10:48:59 PM

Author
AvP Sci-Fi Convention Report (Read 15,053 times)

Darkness

Darkness

You may remember a while ago, I told you about the Los Angeles Comic Book & Sci-Fi Convention which featured Lance Henriksen. Over in the Gamegossip Forums El Diablo has just returned from the convention and has written a report there. Here’s the main points:

• The movie will end with a “sting” that will leave the door open for an AVP sequel.
  • The Space Jockey and his species will NOT be featured in the film.
  • The reason that the cast is so diverse is that Anderson wanted the character of Weyland to pick the best scientists from all over the world to join the expedition. That explains the French woman and the Italian archeologist.
  • There are no plans to make sequels to any of the Alien or Predator films. AVP is the new franchise.
  • Over 80% of the effects featured in the movie are practical.

This confirms then that if AvP is a success, there will be no Alien 5 or Predator 3 so Fox will most likely concentrate on the sequel to Alien vs Predator. I don’t know about you, but this sounds like very good news to me as I would much rather prefer the AvP franchise to develop than the A5/P3 franchises.

DeaconRage

DeaconRage

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  no A5/A6 and P3   ???  

Hmmm

Hmmm

Hmm, Im not bothered about Alien, its been done to death, but a new predator would rule. Continuing the AvP franchise sounds good though

Faye

Faye

Noooooooo..... no a5 ?? F***ing FOX. I would love to see Alien 5 by Scott or Cameron, more than AvP  2 by Anderson.....

J

J

Boy oh boy!! am pleased about the fact that they are serious about doing a sequel ( even the fact that the first movie hasn't even arrived yet) BUT I really wanted to see the alien saga end on a proper high with alien 5 , things we weren't able to see and wanted to know about like :  1.What exactly are these ' Space Jockeys' ?  2.Where did they come from ?   3.How did they come into contact with the alien eggs ?  Plus also, whether anyone had notice but there was a large hole from the space Jockey, we all know that whenever an alien emerges from any host it evolves and takes on the form what ever its origins look or resemble like, WHERE WAS THE ALIEN FROM THE SPACE JOCKEY ?????  Like all you other I just want to see this movie, at least lets finish up with a decent alien movie just so that we can close that chapter properly,   Is there any one who can back me on this?    :)  

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Cool info!! And an open ending for a sequel.... no surprise    ;D  

avpmaster132004

avpmaster132004

well i am dissapointed about them not showing the space jockeys real speicies (even though we all know it was predator) but i think that the predalien that came from the space jocky was killed by the other predson the ship and then they fought the queen but they died in the procces leaving the derilict spacecraft filled with only eggs until humans discover it in A1 another thing that bothers me the synthetic in A1 said that the alien was a perfect organism it was from the company and that means it knew about the predators meaning the aliens are more advanved pyhsicly than the predators!!!!!!!   ;D      IN YOUR FACE ALIENS RULE!!!!!!!!!   8)  

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Yayyyyyyy! There will probably be an AvP 2!!!!   ;D   Boooooooo! There probably won't be a Predator 3!   >:D  

Variable

Variable

Hey guys. This clears alot up. For all those people that didnt belive me about the door open for a sequal your wrong. Look. If the door is open for a sequal then their will probably be one...eventualy. I wouldnt mind not seeing an Alien 5. Sure it would be nice to clear everything up but I dont want the saga to get messed up anymore than it has i.e AR. A pred sequal would be nice, but like I said I wouldnt want them to mess that up either. When you get down the road to this many sequals things are bound to go wrong and not make sense. Sure I would like to see them. But if they make an A5 or P3 they better be carefull with them.

Darkness

Darkness

AvPmaster - what the hell are you talking about? The space jockeys are not the predators and who told you it was a PredAlien? They are two separate franchises.

ooman

ooman

What?!  Space jockeys are not the predators!  If you think about it a regular space jockey looks alot like a regular alien....Anyways I thought the space jockeys where just worshippers of the aliens and lugged them everywhere with them trying to spread them across the universe to take over?  I'm pretty sure if they were trying to do that they would not have hunted them.

midian_after_dark

midian_after_dark

;D   A vs P is beginning the alien series it seems like. I bet and lets watch Fox try to A vs P to end the franchise if Anderson poops out on us again. But don't get me wrong i'm ultimately looking forward to this move like no other. i personaly feel the SFX crew needs to use more of a bio-mechinacal (hr giger) look to the Aliens like in alien, aliens, & alien 3 than the current poop monster look like ressurection. again don't get me wrong they did a good job of adding features from alien to alien: resurection ti the current design of the Alien.  Later... Midian.

cookies

cookies

screw avp i rather have another pred and or alien film.  One avp is good enough.  Lets get some cool stoty horror going with aliens and really sneaky predator action.   BOOOO to fox

predmike

predmike

i dont think that there should be a alien 5 but predator 3 sound cool but i rather see a avp2 than see them causealien 5 is in the futre on earth iam redy for avp

thinkugotachance

thinkugotachance

yeah they blew it with the alien franchise, i jus bought that quadrilogy thing since i hadnt seen one of those films and my god, i can see why youre all so pissed off about it. they didnt do too badly with pred 2 although it couldve been alot better so im disappointed in no pred3. but, the avp movie seems to be going well so any way i can see a pred im happy. im curious as to how they could leave this one open-ended. maybe they'll pull a "freddy vs. jason" and have a pred walk off in the last shot of the film with a alien head in his hand and have that head wink or something...i would shit a brick and put a hit out on anderson if that happens!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed