Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,000 times)

Samhain13

He had to rewatch the movie one more time to decide.

Kradan

Why you answered for him? Is it so painful to watch AVPR that it take more than a week to get through it?

Sssstil suspiciousssssss.

Samhain13

Its hard to take all those minutes all at once. Mostly people do it slowly. Mostly.

Huggs

What's not to like?

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 03, 2019, 06:42:22 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 05:07:50 AM

You like AVPR, don't you SM?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0bwmw6lCr1qfqte9.png

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2019, 09:35:24 AM
No I dislike it about right.

And it took you more than a week to decide? Suspiciousssss.

What?  I responded two hours after CB's post.

[cancerblack]

I think the previous post quoting you was a few days old and that's what he's driving at.

Kradan

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 03, 2019, 11:37:11 PM
I think the previous post quoting you was a few days old and that's what he's driving at.

Yep. My attempts of humour are horrible. Sorry for that.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

@OP, because it's not good, it's not even competently filmed.

happypred

After watching The Predator, I thought about AvP-R fondly

The Old One

The Old One

LOL. That's a pity.

happypred

Requiem gave us Wolf, a pretty damn cool predator concept. Could the fight storyboarding have been better (more situational awareness by Wolf, less flailing/waddling by the aliens)? Yes, but I feel the Strause bros didn't try to f**k with the predator/aliens formula too much, despite budgetary pressure.

The Predator gave us the cringe-inducing Iron Predator, and had characters and situations even sillier than Requiem (this is hard). The scene where the two guys shoot each other, yeah...

Voodoo Magic

AVP Requiem over The Predator all day long!

SM

Quote from: happypred on Oct 05, 2019, 01:27:38 AM
Requiem gave us Wolf, a pretty damn cool predator concept. Could the fight storyboarding have been better (more situational awareness by Wolf, less flailing/waddling by the aliens)? Yes, but I feel the Strause bros didn't try to f**k with the predator/aliens formula too much, despite budgetary pressure.

The Predator gave us the cringe-inducing Iron Predator, and had characters and situations even sillier than Requiem (this is hard). The scene where the two guys shoot each other, yeah...

I liked that scene.

In fact I liked The Predator - despite its myriad problems - more than AvP:R.  It's good fun for the majority of its runtime, and AvP:R isn't.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, even with it's issues, Shane Black > Strause Bros, but I don't intend on watching either of them, again honestly.

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Oct 05, 2019, 04:58:53 AM
Quote from: happypred on Oct 05, 2019, 01:27:38 AM

I liked that scene.

In fact I liked The Predator - despite its myriad problems - more than AvP:R.  It's good fun for the majority of its runtime, and AvP:R isn't.

f**king amen to that !

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 05, 2019, 01:33:48 AM
AVP Requiem over The Predator all day long!

No

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed