Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, Oct 06, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

Author
Why does everybody hate AVP: Requiem so much? (Read 44,000 times)

[cancerblack]

Old One needs to grace us with the tale of her disillusionment with prommy already

Voodoo Magic

...as in Prometheus?  We're...

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 21, 2019, 03:37:03 AM
In my headcanon of the unrated version Wolf called for backup after finding out aliens were onboard the ship but he decided to try to deal with the aliens while the others were on the way. The skinning part can't be solved that was pointless. At the end the Predalien should have knocked Wolf's mask off instead, none of that homage there, and Wolf should have activated the self-destruct before going melee on the Predalien. Better than the RE2 ending with goverment.

With some fights, the plot demanded Wolf to make mistakes otherwise he would have killed all the aliens on the sewers, and no more movie. Hell if the Predator that shoot the ship was smart he would just self destruct instead of sending a distress call, but then again no more movie.

The whole premise was a mess from the start, why that scout ship even went back to Earth? Several elements of the plot would need to be changed, reason for the ship's crash(no shooting plasma inside on it), Wolf could have been already hunting on Earth and decided to check on the crash, other Predators couldn't arrive on time etc.

I don't think you would really want to savor the time and try to repair anything of Requiem's. I get a lot of enjoyment out of the unrated version of AvPR even if it's just bits and pieces added here and there. Wolf was the true star of the show and I love Tom Woodruff's acting performance in the Pred-Alien suit. Takes me back to the Alien 3 days when he played the runner Alien. Even if the acting is off or a bit corny I really find the action makes up for the misplacement of plot or character development. The Aliens getting ripped to shreds by a lone Predator is cool enough to keep my attention. The R rating and gore I think honestly really helped staple the film as a line you don't cross especially when you see the Pred-Alien impregnate that pregnant woman. That gets trolled on and memed a lot to this day. I love horror movies in general so maybe thats why the cheap slasher factor to it doesn't bother me.

Voodoo Magic

Hey, I have fun watching AvPR, way more fun than watching AvP.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 21, 2019, 02:38:16 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/mCxZH1Bi9o2aY/giphy.gif

I definitely can. As i've said before, requiem might suck but avp is just a featureless dull blob.

SiL

I have more fun watching AvP.

[cancerblack]

I really try. I just can't get into it, regardless of how i approach it.

Huggs

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 22, 2019, 02:05:20 AM
I really try. I just can't get into it, regardless of how i approach it.

Me either. It's just too watered down.

Avpr has its flaws, but it's hardcore like an avp should be.

Voodoo Magic

Hear! Hear!

SM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 21, 2019, 08:59:24 PM

I definitely can. As i've said before, requiem might suck but avp is just a featureless dull blob.

AvP:R at least has many featureless dull blobs.

Most of them are characters and monsters.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2019, 04:55:57 AM

You like AVPR, don't you SM?

The Cruentus

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 21, 2019, 03:37:03 AM
In my headcanon of the unrated version Wolf called for backup after finding out aliens were onboard the ship but he decided to try to deal with the aliens while the others were on the way. The skinning part can't be solved that was pointless. At the end the Predalien should have knocked Wolf's mask off instead, none of that homage there, and Wolf should have activated the self-destruct before going melee on the Predalien. Better than the RE2 ending with goverment.

With some fights, the plot demanded Wolf to make mistakes otherwise he would have killed all the aliens on the sewers, and no more movie. Hell if the Predator that shoot the ship was smart he would just self destruct instead of sending a distress call, but then again no more movie.

The whole premise was a mess from the start, why that scout ship even went back to Earth? Several elements of the plot would need to be changed, reason for the ship's crash(no shooting plasma inside on it), Wolf could have been already hunting on Earth and decided to check on the crash, other Predators couldn't arrive on time etc.

Wolf's self destruct device does look it gets damaged in the fight with the Predalien, just before he takes his mask off.  The town gets nuked anyway.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 05:07:50 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 22, 2019, 04:55:57 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0bwmw6lCr1qfqte9.png

He doesn't dislike it as much as he feels he probably should

SM

No I dislike it about right.

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 05:07:50 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0bwmw6lCr1qfqte9.png

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2019, 09:35:24 AM
No I dislike it about right.

And it took you more than a week to decide? Suspiciousssss.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed