Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 12, 2021, 05:55:12 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician! (Read 15,804 times)

Kimarhi

Quote from: mesh on Mar 18, 2021, 04:01:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with designing new variants of the pulse rifle, as long as that's done with the same level of quality as the original. The original was designed in the 1980's and now it's 2021 - with the amount of knowledge that's freely available on the internet today, there's simply no excuse for delivering anything less.

@Kimarhi:
The easiest way to fix the rifle is to simply move the magwell and the muzzle device up.
Like so:

Fixes all of the problems, and leaves the underbarrel (black) section freely interchangeable - free to mount different modules like grenade/smoke launchers, shotguns etc. all of which should and now can be independent and self-contained systems.

That is what I meant by reskinning. 

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 18, 2021, 03:28:07 PM
That is a beanie but it is headwear.

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 18, 2021, 09:49:02 AM
I think the whole reason we're getting a variant of the pulse rifle instead of a 100% movie-accurate version is simply because we won't be getting the underslung grenade launcher or anything like that because A) it would infringe on some of the class abilities (like grenades or the shoulder rockets) and B) it's a pretty OP gun that usually gets toned down in some form or another for video games. 99 rounds plus a grenade launcher as a standard weapon would make it almost pointless to use anything else. Hence we're getting a "modern" version without the grenade launcher and with a lower 60-round capacity to balance it out a bit.

Eh, I don't really see that happening.  Hard to take out probably one of the three most iconic pieces of Marine equipment in the movie (motion tracker, m41a, and smartgun) just because.  The easier way to balance the classes would be just to not have that configuration available to the classes you didn't want to have it. 

But maybe. 

I'm still betting m41 with grenade launcher is available, especially when they said that some of the customization/ability will be interclass.

They haven't taken it out though, it's right there. Just a modified version for this game.

It's entirely possible they might have a 100% movie-accurate pulse rifle in there somewhere, or give you the option to add the grenade launcher. But given that we've already seen that the only selectable mod slots on it are "optics", "muzzle" and "magazine", and that this is the version of the pulse rifle they've announced and shown, I wouldn't put money on it.

razeak

Holy cow those bolts.....that's stupid.

On the flip side, it might just be poor understanding of firearms and may not be representative of gameplay in general.

Kimarhi

It won't effect the gameplay, its just noticeable if you've been around firearms at all. 

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 19, 2021, 05:03:50 PM
It won't effect the gameplay, its just noticeable if you've been around firearms at all.
Unfortunately it seems like more and more devs skip out on firearms advisors

mesh

Where have you seen that, Kimarhi?

The underbarrel grenade launcher was never fired in any of the gameplay videos and there is no UI element showing there's grenades and their ammo count. Only the primary ammo is shown.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

?

I haven't seen anything with an underslung grenade launcher.  Kailem might be right.  It would just surprise me if it wasn't an option or a pickup somewhere down the line and would be the first Aliens inspired shooter I can ever remember without it being in there. 

And I go all the way back to Alien 3 for genesis.   

If you talking about my comment on skinning, I was just talking about skinning over the ejection port so it wouldn't show up where it was and have people scratching their heads. 

mesh

I was referring to your last post, about the existence and positioning of the ejection port not affecting gameplay.

- If it indeed doesn't affect gameplay, then the port is just a random visual addition and the lower barrel is without much doubt the grenade launcher. It just wasn't fired in the demos or might not be 100% functional yet so it was purposefully omitted.

- If it does affect gameplay, then they might have done what I feared since the first time I saw it and turned the M41A back into an M4A1 (AR15 platform).
I gave the gameplay videos a second watch yesterday evening and it looks more likely to me that the muzzle flash from primary fire is coming from the lower barrel rather than the top, but it's hard to tell. The look of the ejection port and the existence of the muzzle device on the lower barrel unfortunately support the AR15 theory. That leaves the top barrel as a gas tube? There's no casings being ejected though, and the bolt isn't moving.
I seriously hope they didn't do that. It's beyond boring. And makes no sense since the decades old pulse rifle design is far superior - a lot more firepower in the same sized package. Hell, even an AR15 might be better for the size and what it offers  :)

Thought maybe you've seen or read something that confirms either way.

And this thought: "(it) would be the first Aliens inspired shooter I can ever remember without it being in there." is exactly the reason I joined in on the discussion, because at this point and after everything I've seen, anything is possible.

Kimarhi

Naw, I was just saying that in terms of gameplay they could put twenty ejection ports on the m41, its still going to fire and kill aliens. 

At this point we will just have to wait and see how ate up they are. 

From my understanding there is no gas action of the PR, its like a mini rail gun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed