Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 106,746 times)

David

Can we play the game without internet connection? No bots there?

Wweyland

Not sure about the internet connection but there are bots that you can set. No bot Predator though, which is a shame.

David

David

So you dont need to wait for other players to join the game. I thought that you need to create a server and than wait for other players to join it.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: David on Mar 19, 2023, 09:39:10 AMSo you dont need to wait for other players to join the game. I thought that you need to create a server and than wait for other players to join it.

No you can do private matches with bot Fireteam players. Keep in mind it's not meant to be how the game was intended to be played. Bots are more to keep a match moving in the event a player drops out but they can be used for solo play.

It's not great but on occasion I do challenge runs with them hiking up the damage they do among other modifiers.

David

And if you want to play as a human, there is no "Predator bot" option?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: David on Mar 19, 2023, 05:12:01 PMAnd if you want to play as a human, there is no "Predator bot" option?

No Predator bot. We've asked and I'd personally take a less refined approach if it meant enabling one to fight Predator offline.

David

Bad news then.

Wweyland

A Predator bot would probably take too much of their precious resources.
I don't think there has ever been a good Predator AI, all the AvP games were heavily scripted.
AvP Classic wasn't, but there the Predator just stood on the ground while either sniping you or stabbing with the spear.
It might be cheaper to just release skins.

Kailem

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

BlueMarsalis79

What even is that, a dwarven Irish Predator?

PAS Spinelli

Tank Predator, something something bad elite lore

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 09, 2023, 08:32:45 PMWhat even is that, a dwarven Irish Predator?

The explanation was that they're guys who are used in invasions. The guys who storm the beach and take over. Guys who are no better armed than anyone else they just have a higher pain threshold and wear an oversized helmet.

No nanotechnology, no genetic tampering to create monsters, no cyborgs with advanced limbs, they're the same kind of Predator as all the others but they can get punched a little harder.

Personally speaking I think they should've gone weirder with it. This is the species that brings a nuke with them on a hunting trip. The military should be way more extra. Probably barely recognizable as a Predator. Think the Halo brutes or the armors from the cover of that one AVP book. Maybe not even actual platings but shield generators turning them into high tech gladiators. Cause yeah it's consistent, but the appearance feels wrong for the concept. Like even Fugitive made more sense to draw from given how out of the ordinary his equipment looked.

Kailem

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 09, 2023, 08:32:45 PMWhat even is that, a dwarven Irish Predator?

Actually that might fit!

But yeah as others have said, it's the "Tank Predator" that was datamined a while ago and some expected to be the last piece of content released for the game. So far though there's been no sign of it, and we've now officially "broken" Illfonic's schedule for DLC drops. So it seems unlikely it'll ever fully see the light of day (though the mask and dreads are already in the game).

BlueMarsalis79

Rest in Peace

Sad this will be unplayable someday.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 10, 2023, 06:12:18 PMRest in Peace

Sad this will be unplayable someday.

It won't be unplayable, but once the license is lost all of the DLC will likely be delisted.

There is still a physical disk though for offline play.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed