Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019

Started by BonesawT101, Oct 14, 2017, 07:53:54 PM

Author
Alien Haunts 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray on Alien Day 2019 (Read 70,034 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The colour and restored picture.
Genuinely restored additionally,
the 2010 Blu-ray is cropped.

SiL

Yeah, the colour and proper framing alone kind of make it worth doing a proper Blu-ray print.

Alienersary

Alienersary

18 screenshots comparrasion
Ultra HD (new scan) vs. Full HD (old BluRay):
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=13061&d2=5205&c=2127

Russ840

Russ840

This should be waiting for me at home. Great way to spend Alien Day this evening.

So I arrived home and it was there.

The steelbook with the new rendition of the original posters egg is actually not to bad. Much better than the standard cover.

Corporal Hicks

Some promo goodness >>

Alienersary

Alienersary

Less stars as original + li'l different cropping:
https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=930448

Xenomrph

At the sake of re-reading 18 pages, does the Alien 4K disc include all of the special features the Anthology's 'Alien' disc?

BlueMarsalis79

4K Blu-ray Discs never do Special Features other than Commentary, but the majority of them come with a standard Blu-ray Disc with Special Features, Alien's no exception here.

Xenomrph

Well I mean, all the Anthology bluray had was audio commentary and some deleted scenes, the vast majority of the special features were on a separate disc.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes I'm aware but it is as I outlined above.

Elmazalman

The ALIEN 4K disc has the same bonus features as the single BD release.

If you want ALL the bonus material - including the then fancy early DVD menu screens, then hang onto all the previous releases.

The ALIEN 20th anniversary DVD is still valuable for its raw production audio and alternate music track. As well as the film itself - a brighter image without the black crush and tight cropping, as later editions.

Mr. Clemens

Interesting. I knew about the darkening of the film (you used to be able to see eggs in the chamber below Kane as he descends in the matte painting shot), but wasn't aware of the cropping. Any online comparisons you could point me to?

Elmazalman

Some screenshots comparing the 1999 and 2003 DVDs:

Spoiler

[close]

Mr. Clemens

Thank you for that! (I'm not really seeing any cropping, though)

SiL

It's subtle. Look at the right and left edges of the frames.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed