Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film

Started by Predwars24, Feb 16, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

Author
Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film (Read 7,922 times)

Huggs

I watched them all alone. My folks didn't approve of violent movies or games, so it was tough to get good entertainment. But my old man let it slide when I said I saw one on tv. He just said, "I'll just say this, those movies will scare you to death". It was a general comment, and dad didn't spook easy, so I took it seriously.

First one I saw was aliens. Cut to hell because it was on tv, but not cut enough. Then I bought directors cut copies of alien and aliens on vhs. Alien scared me much more. I was hooked. Then I saw alien 3 on tv, and I could never get a hold of a copy until I finally got the quadrilogy on DVD. Thus that love affair began.

I rarely find myself worried about aliens in the dark though. Alien is like my woobie. I find comfort in the beast. Except for isolation, that thing still scares me.

SiL

Isolation actually annoyed me more than anything. There's only so many times you can get stuck in the one place having your face eaten off and it stays scary.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien Isolation is annoying without the untethered Alien modification, then it's a perfect organism.

Huggs

I just stay on the move. Even when I can hear it, I just never stop. So I don't have to use any items and it can never learn anything. Scary as hell playing that way, but effective.

The Old One

The Old One

I prefer the modification, why?

Going missions without seeing the Alien if you're careful is so rewarding, and improves the pacing immensely- plus when it finally arrives, it's all the more tense.

Huggs

That's why I like to keep moving. It never learns anything from me, so it's off looking for signs in other areas and rarely gets near me.

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 19, 2019, 07:08:00 AM
I prefer the modification, why?

Going missions without seeing the Alien if you're careful is so rewarding, and improves the pacing immensely- plus when it finally arrives, it's all the more tense.
That sounds better.

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 19, 2019, 07:02:44 AM
I just stay on the move. Even when I can hear it, I just never stop.
That did not work for me, I can tell you. Especially during sections where it drops the Alien right on you.

SiL

Now let me download these onto my XBox 360... :P

The Old One

The Old One

LOL

I played it there first myself, the X360 barely can play it from what I recall. Needless to say, on PC with a larger FOV and these mods- it was a much improved experience.

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2019, 06:42:48 AM
Isolation actually annoyed me more than anything. There's only so many times you can get stuck in the one place having your face eaten off and it stays scary.

I give Isolation like a 9/10 for presentation.  To me it's the best representation of anything Alien related since Alien 3 in capturing the original trilogy feel.

But I despise the gameplay when the Alien is involved.

I found very early on that you could simply walk backward with the motion tracker out when the alien is around and pretty much just go through the levels backwards and be ok and it killed the immersion, BUT it beat standing around in the same space for minutes (which feel like hours in gamer time) doing jack shit but avoiding the Alien.

Overall I still give Isolation an 8/10.  If you could script the Alien encounters (which I see somebody appears to have done in a mod from reading these post.......but I have it on PS4) where it's presence was felt but not directly encountered I'd enjoy it much more.  Despite beating it on the hardest difficulty it had when it was first released I found the game much better to play on the ps4 after they updated it to include the superhardcore mode and the easy mode

The easy mode the Alien stays less and seems to not be as omnipresent, so I could actually enjoy the atmosphere and story much more.

The Old One

The Old One

No, not scripted. Definitely not.

All the unpredictable Alien modification does is cut the AI's tether to the player, so that instead of the Alien being told the general area the player is in- it's told nothing and has to genuinely search the entire loaded area.

Huggs

Having a knack for knowing where the prey is and being able to ambush it is typical alien behavior. Look what happened to Dallas.

The tethering helps keep the alien right where i expect it, which is right on my ass.

The Old One

The Old One

I think you'll find, most of the community that adores Isolation on Steam and elsewhere will disagree. But you do you.

WY-0311

Yeah that little mod is hands down the only reason I got the game in the first place.

Because the Alien AI will only 'activate' additional abilities when you trigger them, if you play carefully and don't use tools and lockers, you can find yourself in situations where you are pinned in a room and in all probability the Alien 'should' realise where you are, but can't/won't because you haven't activated it's ability to search a locker yet. So the Bastard keeps patrolling back and forth but won't/can't do a proper search, and the horror factor drops to zero at that point.

But with the mod it isn't unnaturally forced to hang around, it will logically patrol and search based on what abilities it has, and it is very rewarding when you can evade it for great lengths of time, and much more horrifying when mid to late game when it DOES know where you are and when it actually HAS activated those abilities, then it really is on your ass and that is scary AF.

I had a real scare when I evaded the alien for some time, and I was casually walking through a very long hallway and suddenly right at the end of the hallway the door opened on it's own... and there it was. I was completely unprepared.. that damn thing was busy searching the other half of the map the whole time hhahahahahaha.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed