Ridley Scott talks Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Nov 07, 2011, 07:01:23 AM

Author
Ridley Scott talks Prometheus (Read 35,334 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 11, 2011, 04:01:50 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 11, 2011, 02:32:40 PM
Well it's Lindelof so it's highly possible. And they made a comment in regards this showing what a modern tentpole science fiction can be. Which would indicate that it could have everything in it. Strange worlds, terraforming, creation-organic/biomechanoids/replicants, gods, time travel.

I wonder if Ridley said the title to make people think that it's Lost style time travelling as a red-herring. Endless piddling

I don't get what you mean.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 11, 2011, 05:54:07 PM

I don't get what you mean.

Okay, what if Ridley is deliberately trying to confuse people?

T Dog

T Dog

Oh right. Well I wouldn't get too sucked into the words that come out of those translations of foreign interviews. You can sometimes catch the meaning of a sentence but oftentimes a line is open to multiple interpretations. And in this context, when the interviewee is already talking in riddles and code things can become muddled even more-so.

At the moment people seem to be getting caught up in the snippet of info that "the last 8 minutes will give a pretty good DNA of the alien one." But we know from the marketsaw rumoured information that the term DNA in this case might be meant a lot more literally than just industry script talk. But again it's open to interpretation.

Anyway, now confirmed straight form horses mouth that the film ties into Alien. I guess Ridley isn't getting too bogged down in terms like Prequel and other shit.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 11, 2011, 07:38:28 PM
Oh right. Well I wouldn't get too sucked into the words that come out of those translations of foreign interviews.

Well, it does actually look as if the person who did the interview actually thought he said "Back To The Future" as in the movie. It's not just some product of the GoogleTranslation. Well, never mind, I suppose I'll have to wait and see if it comes back again straight from the director's mouth. I managed to ask the lady who did the Wall Street Journal if Ridley actually said Higher Beings and she said that he did and "higher Creatures" was something mentioned in the Google translation of the Blick article with no explanation, so it confusing shows the discussion going on about life forms that are "higher". (the words that translated as "higher creatures"  also seems to translate as  "higher beings"

Beauty&Love

Beauty&Love

<------------- Beauty&Insanity = higher being

like an angel =]

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 11, 2011, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 11, 2011, 07:38:28 PM
Oh right. Well I wouldn't get too sucked into the words that come out of those translations of foreign interviews.

Well, it does actually look as if the person who did the interview actually thought he said "Back To The Future" as in the movie. It's not just some product of the GoogleTranslation. Well, never mind, I suppose I'll have to wait and see if it comes back again straight from the director's mouth. I managed to ask the lady who did the Wall Street Journal if Ridley actually said Higher Beings and she said that he did and "higher Creatures" was something mentioned in the Google translation of the Blick article with no explanation, so it confusing shows the discussion going on about life forms that are "higher". (the words that translated as "higher creatures"  also seems to translate as  "higher beings"

Well if the Engineers created man, and man created androids. Who created the Engineers?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: tmjhur on Nov 12, 2011, 02:21:35 PM
Well if the Engineers created man, and man created androids. Who created the Engineers?

That's obviously where the Darwinians get a foot in and say that evolution created the Engineers

T Dog

T Dog

I've been concocting a theory about the time travel aspect and the relationship between the humans, gods etc.

I wonder will it be some weird Terminator style cycle where the Engineers are evolved humans through biomechanical parts (basically evolved androids). Who then travel a million light years across the universe and thus back in time and replant the humans on earth and......actually this is sounding so ridiculous as I type it.

ThisBethesdaSea

Snow White and the Huntsman will be released in June of 2012 and it now has an official first trailer, and still nothing from Prometheus, not even the name of the person who's scoring the film. What gives? I'm sort of losing my patience, not that anything will happen if I lose my patience.;)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 09, 2011, 02:55:41 AM
I think that the DNA that Ridley is talking about is the same sort of stuff that fans of Star Wars saw with The Phantom Menace and the other two films in the new trilogy.  Even though they were introduced to an almost entirely new cast of characters, there were still instances when we got cameos from Jabba, Chewbaca, and The Death Star (as a blueprint only). 

Were they talking about DNA in film stories back then?

It might be nice to find out who coined the term in the context of screenwriting

nendo

nendo

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 12, 2011, 09:39:38 PM
I think that the DNA that Ridley is talking about is the same sort of stuff that fans of Star Wars saw with The Phantom Menace and the other two films in the new trilogy.  Even though they were introduced to an almost entirely new cast of characters, there were still instances when we got cameos from Jabba, Chewbaca, and The Death Star (as a blueprint only). 

It might be nice to find out who coined the term in the context of screenwriting

i think it was the press release stating its no longer a direct alien prequel

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: nendo on Nov 13, 2011, 12:06:33 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Nov 12, 2011, 09:39:38 PM

i think it was the press release stating its no longer a direct alien prequel
hmm, Syd Field talks about his discovery of the buildings blocks of filmscripts being like DNA back in 1998 in his book "The Screenwriter's Problem Solver"

dallas001

dallas001

Ridley just give a damned trailer! Stop beating around the bush and give us not the full story so the film is not spoiled, but something soon! If indeed its a sort of prequel or not! Clarification please!

Question I wonder how the POOR MAN'S STAN WINSTON, ADI felt when it got the boot for this film, and Predators! LOL, LMAO!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Patience. I'm quite grateful that I don't know the A-Z, or even some of the elements, of this movie. Hopefully the trailer is more akin to ALIEN's, where we get a series of images and sounds with no story spoiled.

aliennaire

aliennaire

:) And something prompts me, there might be exactly those shots, which have leaked from Comic Con presentation...

And all these rumours about last 8 minutes of cognate DNA with original Riddley Scott's film just make me wish to watch them before the whole movie's story ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed