Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,383 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Creative Assembly fairly recently had a job posting for a Community Lead (which is gone now), so I'd expect they'll have forums up before long. When that happens... go nuts!  :D

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 15, 2013, 12:56:18 AM
Creative Assembly fairly recently had a job posting for a Community Lead (which is gone now), so I'd expect they'll have forums up before long. When that happens... go nuts!  :D
Oh I will, trust me. Who else will join me?

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I'm gonna be on that forum like white on rice, that's for sure.  ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 16, 2013, 12:00:02 AM

... what about brown rice?

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Nov 16, 2013, 03:14:53 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 16, 2013, 12:00:02 AM

... what about brown rice?
Or Spanish Rice

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Racist.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Rice is nice

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Am I the only one that thinks including a downed Derelict would be a great idea in an Alien horror game?

Perhaps some people get infected with the substance in the vases and then they can let the artists create horrific Xeno-like monsters? Or even just one like the Baby-head Concept for Prometheus, something really unnerving?

I think Amanda Ripley is a bad idea but hey, Colonial Marines sounded like a good idea so who knows?

SM

SM

As soon as they mentioned Hicks and Hadley's Hope, Colonial Marines stopped sounding like a good idea.

And if they're making an Alien game with Prometheus monsters, they'll need to acquire a separate license.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I never liked the idea of Amanda Ripley being the protagonist, but looking back on the concept (with the arrival of the new game images) could the story work?

I don't know if I'm stating the obvious here, but perhaps Amanda encountering the alien isn't such a stupid coincidence after all - I think it's pretty likely an older Amanda would want to find her mother, which would lead her to infiltrate Weyland-Yutani and maybe even follow the Nostromo's footprints and track down the derelict's signal (the lava flow wouldn't have wrecked that yet).  There's a lot of story potential for finding out more about order 937 or Ash (whether or not you'd want to, on the other hand...)  I, for one am intrigued by this possibility, presuming they have the same premise idea I do. 

Please don't suck.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

To turn this conversation around i'm going to start by stating what I would like to see in the game:
1. A proper use of LV426 and planet assets turned around from ACM and use it as a benefit to a puzzle/story/alien inspired game with or without xenomorphs and the dreaded boiler aliens,etc.
2. With number 1 out there, it needs to be re-dressed with  higher quality and effects.
3. Extended mythology with the help of HR Giger's minions or himself which ever is available.
4. A return to the cargo debris that Nostromo left behind after the explosion to see if there are any more aliens onboard.
5. Amanda Ripley must have star power to drive the interest in this game and to give it some life with great acting chops. (i'm hoping for Ellen Page)

SM

SM

Giger didn't create the mythology.

Returning to the Nostromo wreckage that was destroyed - three times - is even sillier than returning to Hadley.  Not least of all because the Alien wasn't even on it when it blew up.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

QUIT REVISITING PREVIOUS LOCALES.  NEW SHIT PLEASE.

SM

SM

'ken oath.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

That's what I loved from the Aliens: Colonial Marines early concept art. Cities, futuristic slums, colonies on Phobos.  While it's unlikely we'll get such a wide variety of locations in Alien: Isolation, they hopefully won't go cheap on us and we'll get to see new stuff.

After all, there's no colony on LV-426 yet (the derelict would be the only thing I'm okay with revisiting), and the Nostromo is completely obliterated.  We'll probably get lots of space stations and star ships.  Maybe a base on Thedus or something, but I'm not expecting much from them either. Here's hoping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed