Dream Director for a Predator film

Started by germanator2, Feb 14, 2020, 01:19:35 PM

Author
Dream Director for a Predator film (Read 13,751 times)

PredBabe

I thought Shane Black would have done better because of his experience with 80s/90s action flicks but definitely not the case. There were some good bits in The Predator but no denying it was a mess. They should have known better than to want to cram as much crap into the movie. It becomes too convoluted along with a few questionable decisions on certain concepts.

I don't think Ridley could capture the right tone for a Predator flick either though.

The Old One

The Old One

Guillermo del Toro.

bendinglight

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 15, 2020, 07:23:28 AM
Vince Gilligan

Coen Brothers

I know they are both a stretch for ever taking on a Predator flick, especially the Coen bro's, but I'd gladly pay money to see them take on the challenge. I'd settle for scripts from either at this point. Just give me western vibes with a Predator story.

David Fincher would be amazing for a gritty futuristic city setting though, as stated above.

Blomkamp for AVP reboot or a Predator movie set on a hunting planet again.

Blomkamp would be great as I really enjoyed how he made the audience care for the characters in the story (District 9 and Chappie, IMO). Add in his passion for sci-fi...that would be great to see.

Fincher without any studio giving him crap about the script or steering production would be great to see. I think he could bring the darkness and grittiness to the film even in a more jungle-type setting.

Immortan Jonesy

I liked his short film "Firebase". The work has its own merits, but sometimes I feel it as "a supernatural equivalent of Predator".

Wweyland

Forget the A-listers, nobody will want to touch this franchise.
I would vote for Neil Marshall.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 17, 2020, 09:25:14 PM
Forget the A-listers, nobody will want to touch this franchise.

I guess you missed the part where the OP said "Dream Director"  ;D

Master

Master

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 14, 2020, 08:51:29 PM
Paul Verhoeven!

Well, L.A. from P2 felt allot like Detroit from Robocop. The choice is splendid indeed.

acrediblesource

If there is anyone who can fulfill the dream, it is Mr. John Carpenter. because:1. he directed The Thing,inwhich produced a magnificent sequel that aligned with the original. 2.The thing being the most notable sci-fi movie of all time.
He should have the opportunity to direct a prequel film to Predator in which we see the direct, followup to the original film.
It would be  a perfect send off to both the director and to the franchise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 20, 2020, 01:49:17 AM
If there is anyone who can fulfill the dream, it is Mr. John Carpenter. because:1. he directed The Thing,inwhich produced a magnificent sequel that aligned with the original. 2.The thing being the most notable sci-fi movie of all time.
He should have the opportunity to direct a prequel film to Predator in which we see the direct, followup to the original film.
It would be  a perfect send off to both the director and to the franchise.

The Thing being the most notable sci-fi movie of all time? Don't get me wrong, I just madly, madly love The Thing, passionately so, top-5 for me, but you don't feel anything in sci-fi is more notable than it?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'd say The thing is one of the most notable monster movies of all time. But if you expand the genre scope to science fiction, I'd say there are many notable movies.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 20, 2020, 02:54:35 AM
I'd say The thing is one of the most notable monster movies of all time. But if you expand the genre scope to science fiction, I'd say there are many notable movies.

Ah, yes, good one, "monster movie" indeed works better.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2020, 03:06:54 AM

To be precise....yes. Thats exactly what i meant. A little too passionate i was. Lots of other good sci-fi...of course.

Huggs

Huggs

Don Bluth

Immortan Jonesy

- A Spaghetti Western set in the Predator universe directed by Quentin Tarantino. It will be called "Predator Unchained".

- A Predator 2 prequel, filmed with the one-shot technique, called "1715". Directed by Sam Mendes, 1715 is an origin story revealing how this piece of antiquity become a Predator's trophy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 20, 2020, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2020, 03:06:54 AM

To be precise....yes. Thats exactly what i meant. A little too passionate i was. Lots of other good sci-fi...of course.

You're good.  I... we... can all get a little nitpicky here.  ;D

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 21, 2020, 02:14:01 AM
- A Spaghetti Western set in the Predator universe directed by Quentin Tarantino. It will be called "Predator Unchained".

- A Predator 2 prequel, filmed with the one-shot technique, called "1715". Directed by Sam Mendes, 1715 is an origin story revealing how this piece of antiquity become a Predator's trophy.

Hellz yeah!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed