Dream Director for a Predator film

Started by germanator2, Feb 14, 2020, 01:19:35 PM

Author
Dream Director for a Predator film (Read 13,760 times)

Master

Master

Władysław Pasikowski

One can dream, right?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Jun 17, 2020, 02:47:02 PM
Władysław Pasikowski

One can dream, right?

Would I know him from anything in the US?

Master

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 17, 2020, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 17, 2020, 02:47:02 PM
Władysław Pasikowski

One can dream, right?

Would I know him from anything in the US?

Nope. But, if you are not affraid movies with subtitles, I can give you some titles. Basically, he is THE cult classic director of Polish action movies. Gritty, dark films with lots of action and brilliant dialogue.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'd be down for that, Master.

Immortan Jonesy

This short film makes me believe that Neill Blomkamp has what it takes to direct a Predator movie.

Master

Master

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 18, 2020, 01:14:38 AM

I'll make fitting thread in general film discussion later this week and let you know.

nicky

nicky

How about Pete Travis (DREDD)? Or those two Begian guys that directed BAD BOYS FOR LIFE.

Not a 'dream' choice but realistic.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Jun 18, 2020, 11:52:16 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 18, 2020, 01:14:38 AM

I'll make fitting thread in general film discussion later this week and let you know.

Sounds good!

FatStu

FatStu

Justin Lin

Billiken

Peter Berg. Hancock, Battleship, The Kingdom. Great action director

T Dog

T Dog

Kind of a tangent answer but did anybody see the movie "Triple Frontier" by J.C Chandor?

It's about a group of mercenaries who decide to rob a druglord's stash house full of money, deep in a South American Jungle. Things obviously don't go to plan.
After I watched it though I thought it would have made for such an awesome stealth Predator movie, like if the Predator just appeared about halfway through the movie but the audience didn't know it was a Predator movie.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: T Dog on Sep 22, 2020, 09:28:58 PM
Kind of a tangent answer but did anybody see the movie "Triple Frontier" by J.C Chandor?

It's about a group of mercenaries who decide to rob a druglord's stash house full of money, deep in a South American Jungle. Things obviously don't go to plan.
After I watched it though I thought it would have made for such an awesome stealth Predator movie, like if the Predator just appeared about halfway through the movie but the audience didn't know it was a Predator movie.

I dig that. Ease the audience in and have the characters discover they're being hunted at the same time the audience realizes what movie they're watching.

Been thinking about something like that. Like a group is going through the jungle hunting bad guys and along the way they loose some guys in such a way the audience doesn't immediately know a 7 foot alien is chasing them. Maybe even have the goons have similar methods to ease the audience in and throw them off. Then they reach the chopper for evac and get shot down, while inside the downed machine the Predator drops down obscured by the metal wreckage and it's only by the clicking and brief glimpses through the chopper's broken hull that we figure out it's a Predator movie. After that the film plays out "normal".

Beef Dogg

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 18, 2020, 03:26:30 AM
This short film makes me believe that Neill Blomkamp has what it takes to direct a Predator movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao

Came in here to say that, And an Aliens film, then AVP......

Huggs

Huggs

I still say Antoine Fuqua.

Billiken

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 11, 2020, 10:51:34 PM
I still say Antoine Fuqua.

Hell yeah. Love this guy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed