Favorite Predator figures?

Started by Hunter-Killer, Nov 30, 2020, 03:36:42 PM

Author
Favorite Predator figures? (Read 4,704 times)

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

I recently listened to a bunch of predator podcast episodes on spotify while working OT and went through some of the predator ones from earlier this year, the one with Wyatt Weed being my favorite. I decided I haven't bought any cool predator figures in years and it was time to add to the Predator section on my Alien/Predator wall, so I went and scored an armored lost predator from Neca. My girlfriend was looking at it in the car and pointed out that the eyes on the mask are LED and light up, which I thought was super f**king rad.

Are there any other cool figures (Neca or otherwise) that have cool shit such as LED lights? And which figures are your favorite? I used to have a bunch of mcfarlane figures which either broke or I traded for a bigger neca figure, I still have the AVP boxset with alien and predator facing off amongst a few eggs that light up from the base.

I need answers

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

At first glance (or thought), I would say the AVP predators by Neca; superb model and everyfigure is fully loaded with accesories.

Master

Master

Assasin/Upgrade Predator. The beast is huge and looks deadly!

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Gridseeker on Nov 30, 2020, 08:12:22 PM
At first glance (or thought), I would say the AVP predators by Neca; superb model and everyfigure is fully loaded with accesories.

Me too.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

This 20" tall behemoth. One day I'll have a big chap to go with it...

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

How much does he go for?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No idea these days, but he cost me $230 kiwibux (about $160 americabux) when I bought him in 2015.

Spoiler
inb4 someone accuses me of being ripped off - you try buying NECA shit at the ass end of the earth.
[close]

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Saw it on Amazon for almost $500.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, the bigger stuff goes for a damn fortune now!

Samhain13

Samhain13

My Scarface Predator.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

Was really into the NECA products, before deciding to bow out for reasons.

For starters their company has horrendous customer service. Randy, the man on Twitter, is a notorious irritable dorky little prick.

The other reason is their products, are brittle and fragile as hell.

NECA calls them action figures, and they feature articulation, but they have the cheapest most brittle plastic.  That breaks seemingly sometimes just from one looking at them.

Then the other reason I got out of the NECA game, including selling my collection off on Mercari.  Is because they had such a stranglehold on the majority of these adult, or horror 80s / 90s license, that nobody else was willing to make stuff in the scale and then figures that could compete or that I wanted but now ...

In 2021, Lenard makes mass produced toys.  Actual action figures.  With 25 points of articulation.  Sizable 7 inches of hefty durable plastic.  That actually feature more points of articulation than a NECA figure.  And like I said, won't break just by looking at them.

So on the mass produced front, I have some thing that looks amazing, is very cheap at just $10.  Compared to the $30 or above price point from NECA.  And it's more durable when taken out of the package.  And it's still accurate in detail enough to whatever movie source material it's based on.

The other reason I'm out on NECA figures, it's because a superior company got the license for more high-end action figure products for adult collectors.

Mezco One 12 is basically 6 inch (Predator case 8 inch) hot toys caliber action figures.

That also GASP don't break or fall apart or have dinky brittle accessories.  Yes the price point is larger, but it's still reasonable for an adult collector if you're a massive fan of the property.  And TBH, if I buy 3 of an Ultimate Movie Predator.  One for the masked head.  One for the maskless head and one to keep in box?  That's $100.  The same price as one of these mini hot toy Mezco One 12 figs.  That you don't have to worry about breaking.

And the Mezco too comes with multiple heads sculpts.  Jungle Hunter's case a masked head, closed mouth and open mouth.

The OG jungle hunter being released in this scale is the greatest figure done of the property at this size point.  Amazingly includes a light up targeting system on the mask.  At 8 inches tall.

:o

So both Lanard and Mezco renders NECA obsolete.

I have the super high-quality adult collector piece at $100.

And I have a relatively amazing durable and accurate 7 inch action figure toy at mass retail for $10 a pop.

So why do I need the slimy company with poor customer service, terrible quality control, "non-durable goods" in action figure form at $30-$40 a pop?

I've got the best of both worlds. I've got the high-end collector market item in Mezco, with even superior detail, paint apps and durability to NECA and I have the collectible, durable and fun yet kid friendly Lenard stuff now found at Walmart.

Which really is a spiritual successor and modernization of my childhood favorite Kenner Aliens and Predator lines.

f**k off, NECA !!!

Oh yes, favorite figures?  New Lanard stuff and the yet to be released 2021 Mezco Jungle Hunter.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: Gridseeker on Nov 30, 2020, 08:12:22 PM
The AvP Predators are a brilliant design and fully adaptable (a bit of work soaking in hot water and the wrist gauntlet weapons can pop off - and allow more fun customizing Predators) are my second favourite.
Top billing to me now has to be the Alpha Predator - it is such an amazing design, the armour based on the initial concept Predator is a brilliant touch. We just need Neca to create a proper Amengi (perhaps as a non-human prey wave that can also include a River Ghost - we can hope).

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Nov 30, 2020, 03:36:42 PM
Are there any other cool figures (Neca or otherwise) that have cool shit such as LED lights?

The very excellent "Predator 2" 30th Anniversary City Demon Predator has packaging with flashing lights when opened, simulating a lightning strike:

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 24, 2020, 02:05:46 AM
My Scarface Predator.

So now I got the 1/4 Neca Original Predator with LEDs, my first 1/4 scale figure and yeah the amount of detail in comparison to the smaller ones stands out more. If only they had made a 1/4 Scarface.

Still Scarface and the AVP preds were done well, the thicc body seemed to have made them less frail to break and more firm to not fall in the positions you put them. The Ultimate P2 predators they are doing right now are pretty good in detail and acessories.

Now just waiting for the Ultimate Wolf.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 31, 2021, 03:00:24 PM
Now just waiting for the Ultimate Wolf.

Same here Wolf was such a good design of Predator and we are crossing fingers until circulation is cut off for a proper Ultimate figure of Wolf (previous figures are ok, but the leaning pose is a bit of a disapointment - same for PredAlien's pose)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed