Possible Space Jockey Pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 29, 2011, 06:23:21 AM

Author
Possible Space Jockey Pictures (Read 67,036 times)

Chris P

Chris P

Right on! Those are awesome guys!

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 29, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Sep 29, 2011, 12:06:37 PM
Well, I suppose we can start asking more questions about whether the space jockey can separate itself from the seat or not

My answer to that is: I don't think it matters. I'm sure Ridley & Co. will make it all work somehow.

well, in a way nothing really matters

Alien³

Alien³

Those pictures are amazing! This is my #1 film to see in 2012.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 29, 2011, 10:40:21 AM
Just a thought, but what if it's not a telescope but some sort of cannon that launches the egg/cylinder shaped objects into new planets.

Basically it fires a cocktail of life....
So it's a giant dick?

Not a far stretch, considering Alien.

Wait what?! A giant dick?! What is it doing, pumping the seed of life constantly into the universe. I bloody hope this is not the case.

NUB DESTROYER

So Prometheus is a metaphor for stealing God's sperm, which for all intents and purposes is rape.

Frikkin' obscene, please make it happen Riddles.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
I hope so. Different Jockey, different story, looser tie to Alien. Which means the film doesn't exist simply to set the derelict on the planetoid.

Dallas said the original appeared fossilized.  I was always under the assumption that the derelict was an ancient thing.  So me it makes more sense that this is a different chair for a different jockey.  Prometheus takes place too closely in the timeline for anything else to make sense.

Gazz

Gazz

Anyone noticed that the markings on the Jockey scopes are almost the same too? Looks awesome!

locusta

locusta

NOW we are talking!

Like the redesign by now allot. Total Giger and still not just a re-brew. WIN!

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 29, 2011, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
I hope so. Different Jockey, different story, looser tie to Alien. Which means the film doesn't exist simply to set the derelict on the planetoid.

Dallas said the original appeared fossilized.  I was always under the assumption that the derelict was an ancient thing.  So me it makes more sense that this is a different chair for a different jockey.  Prometheus takes place too closely in the timeline for anything else to make sense.
Lindelof's time travel tropes should address the fossilised aspect, if this movie is an actual prequel.

ThisBethesdaSea

Isn't there a pic in the leaked ComiCon footage that shows a hand on or near a long object reminiscent of the jockey gun or something?

Glaive

Glaive

"Jockey-gun"??

ThisBethesdaSea

Canon? whatever that long telescope like thing the jockey has his/her hands on in A L I E N?

MrSpaceJockey

Both images come together very well to form what we see in ALIEN....looking good.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Sep 29, 2011, 03:29:07 PM
Isn't there a pic in the leaked ComiCon footage that shows a hand on or near a long object reminiscent of the jockey gun or something?

I remember that although I'm not sure if anyone really in the end was so sure what it was other than a human like hand on some apparatus with lights on it. We'll see.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 29, 2011, 10:40:21 AM
Just a thought, but what if it's not a telescope but some sort of cannon that launches the egg/cylinder shaped objects into new planets.

Basically it fires a cocktail of life....
So it's a giant dick?

Not a far stretch, considering Alien.

Wait what?! A giant dick?! What is it doing, pumping the seed of life constantly into the universe. I bloody hope this is not the case.

Considering it was designed by Giger, I found it rather tame...though I find it difficult to rationalize that you've gone through life without realizing that the Space Jockey was actually staring up through a gigantic, erect, flayed penis...

...we won't talk about the split glans ('bell-end', for our younger viewers)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed