Aliens: Colonial Marines in Playstation Magazine

Started by ikarop, Nov 23, 2012, 03:13:43 AM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines in Playstation Magazine (Read 19,757 times)

MrSpaceJockey

These delays have been going on for 20 years, duh.

ShadowPred

Damn it X-Box Magazine...can't even get their math right. Maybe it's a joke? Like that it FEELS like 20 years in the making, yeah that has to be it, lolololol X-Box Magazine, I get it now lolololol.

Predaker

It's a reference to wanting more Colonial Marine action but never getting any from Alien3 so it's been 20 years in the making, figuratively speaking.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Predaker on Nov 24, 2012, 12:07:53 AM
It's a reference to wanting more Colonial Marine action but never getting any from Alien3 so it's been 20 years in the making, figuratively speaking.

Are they ignoring Alien Resurrection? Because it should be more like 15 years in the making.

MrSpaceJockey

Course. To be fair, it hardly scratched Pitchford's itch (Get that checked out!) the way he likes it.  No direct ALIENS references or anything. 

Although the dreams of Newt were interesting concepts (I recall an unfilmed scene where Ripley 8 dreams of a little girl being engulfed by a swarm of black insects...now that I think of it, isn't that how the sacrificial engineer went out in Spaight's script?)

Predaker

They did a really poor job of chopping up the picture of the warrior alien on the second page. Was that done on purpose? You can see by the right arm that it's multiple images overlayed, as well as around the shoulder/chest area and the tail segment that reaches beyond the image border as if a child made this with scissors and a glue stick.

It's so bad I wonder if it was intentional, but then why?

MrSpaceJockey

Oh God you're right. And I wonder what that attachment is in place of Bella's grenade launcher on her Pulse Rifle...unless that is a 'shop too.

Predaker

I guess they butchered it so it would overlap the image onto the white border for the magazine.

Besides the changes to the lower half of the body for gameplay purposes, the warrior alien in A:CM is the best looking alien I have seen in any game yet. Really looking forward to the classic aliens in this game.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: The Runner on Nov 23, 2012, 02:25:45 PM
"Regular Xenomorphs can't withstand much fire"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No....THEY ARE GOING TO ADD PROMETHESHIT, NO NO NO.
That was exactly how I reacted. Can't withstand much fire? What a bunch of BS.

Every time GBX shows off a new build, many of the problems with previous versions still exist. Whether it's gameplay, animations, graphics, or sound. And with GBX constantly emphasizing authenticity, then seeing how much they're actually screwing up canon-wise... I just don't know. Sometimes I wonder if they've even seen the films.

The Runner

Quote from: Predaker on Nov 24, 2012, 12:44:36 AM
I guess they butchered it so it would overlap the image onto the white border for the magazine.

Besides the changes to the lower half of the body for gameplay purposes, the warrior alien in A:CM is the best looking alien I have seen in any game yet. Really looking forward to the classic aliens in this game.

The AVP2 model was better then A:CM. IMO.

MR EL1M1NATOR

Yeah, don't forget guys, this is the sequel we've all been waiting for. Remember when you talked with friends about Aliens and they said, "man, I can't wait till they do a sequel where another group of marines go to the same planet and we get to see what happened in the previous film" I've gone from 'I will buy this game because it looks good to,  i'll buy this game because I am a fan of aliens to, I am not buying this game.

I am a big fan of aliens is why I am still following forums related to the game.

Predaker

I don't care much for the new alien types but other than that, the game looks pretty solid.

Valaquen

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Nov 24, 2012, 02:03:33 AM
Yeah, don't forget guys, this is the sequel we've all been waiting for. Remember when you talked with friends about Aliens and they said, "man, I can't wait till they do a sequel where another group of marines go to the same planet and we get to see what happened in the previous film"
:laugh: I guess that's essentially what this is. None of the story aside from this has been revealed so far. You go back and... go inexplicably go through the same thing. Plus Bishop leg cameo.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: The Runner on Nov 23, 2012, 09:03:07 PM
The aliens tail is all distorted in that picture. And why with the god dam double jointed legs and massive butcher blade tail and and meaty hands? So they can appear to look menacing and cooler? What happened to the hellish intelligent beast that resembled a twisted up human body?

jim cameron made aliens! thats what happened

Salt The Fries

I don't know about those 20 years in the making, 20 years have passed between Aliens's premiere and Aliens: Colonial Marines announcement.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed