Will we get an extended cut on Blu Ray?

Started by BonesawT101, May 22, 2017, 06:38:13 PM

Author
Will we get an extended cut on Blu Ray? (Read 29,219 times)

Evanus

Pretty sure that's just a suit.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: Evanus on May 28, 2017, 05:43:50 PM
Pretty sure that's just a suit.

Look at the picture I posted. Suits don't mold into your body lol
His body is different than the suit that covers him in the boneship.

Robopadna

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on May 28, 2017, 05:41:50 PM
I^ I edited my earler post......... But they look different. Haven't you see the compairisons?
http://www.scified.com/topics/3172711139087145.jpg
^ That is his body, NOT a space suit
I assume that the engineers are bio-robots created by the space Jockys, and the Humanoids are the ones David Killed.

Those ones were created that way or born that way on purpose. They are all the same species. We are also never really seeing them again.

Protozoid

I'm pretty sure the special features refer to that as a flight suit or pressure suit, but that doesn't mean that was ts the Sam reaction of Engineer from the waterfall or Paradise.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: Look into my eye on May 23, 2017, 06:33:39 PM
What I haven't seen discussed anywhere is when exactly does the Juggernaut end up the mountain, and how? Where does Shaw's signal fit in with the crash? Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing :'( 

Just imagine if the movie was more about the humanoids race & a first contact scenario between David Shaw & the Covenant Crew, Then having the Neomorphs be the only creature. Then have the next film explain how the Humanoids created the Xeno to destroy the Neomorphs only to have them backfire. I don't know. I just felt sad when all those humanoids died. I realy hated David for killing off a entire civilization without no explaination. I think we are going to need another set of Prequels, to explain the humanoids.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on May 28, 2017, 06:06:24 PM
Quote from: Look into my eye on May 23, 2017, 06:33:39 PM
What I haven't seen discussed anywhere is when exactly does the Juggernaut end up the mountain, and how? Where does Shaw's signal fit in with the crash? Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing :'( 

Just imagine if the movie was more about the humanoids race & a first contact scenario between David Shaw & the Covenant Crew, Then having the Neomorphs be the only creature. Then have the next film explain how the Humanoids created the Xeno to destroy the Neomorphs only to have them backfire. I don't know. I just felt sad when all those humanoids died. I realy hated David for killing off a entire civilization without no explaination. I think we are going to need another set of Prequels, to explain the humanoids.

I think when he weaponized those ampules, Shaw was still in a cryotube. Then he did his thing and deliberately crashed the juggernaut into the woods so that it looked like an accident to Shaw.

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Captain Dallas at Thedus

The version of Alien:covenant that works best after Prometheus is whatt I call the 3 prologues scene.After the White Room Opening,you have to watch The Crossing&The Last Supper!And then the starfield opening credits.They fit in seemlessly and make @ the first 65-70 minutes better.That's the best I've got-Nothing can save the second act!The amount of technical talent Rid surrounds his set with.....and not a decent effing script in sight!!Alonger version of Prometheus&Covenant could be another Kingdom Of Heaven for Ridley Scott! ::)  ::)

BonesawT101

Anyone have twitter? Maybe someone should tweet fox or the alien anthology page and ask them if they plan on an extended edition on home release?
  ::)

Gash

Quote from: Captain Dallas at Thedus on May 28, 2017, 06:41:14 PM
!The amount of technical talent Rid surrounds his set with.....and not a decent effing script in sight!! A longer version of Prometheus & Covenant could be another Kingdom Of Heaven for Ridley Scott! ::)  ::)

Explain?

echobbase79

Quote from: CainsSon on May 28, 2017, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on May 28, 2017, 03:12:32 PM
First cut was two hours 23 mins approx? Thats a significant amount of material. I look forward to seeing it. The film feels like it zips by so quickly. An extra 20 mins or so could really add to the film. I seriously hope we get an extended cut. There is a big demand for it among fans. And it would make sense for Fox to make a bit of extra money off of the film by releasing an extended edition on Blu Ray etc.

The whole 2nd act in the Citadel, there are just basic story beats and character reactions that aren't there. They literally walk in say 2 min of dialogue and David is like "Hey settle in."
There are just basic reactions and discussions about whats going on and their surroundings that would be happening. It FEELS like it was cut-out when I watch it.
One line where Daniels says "So much doesn't make sense here..." Isn't enough. They dont even react to their surroundings. To where they are settling and why.
They are sitting around a campfire and no one is having conversations? Its clear stuff has been edited out.

In the novelization there's a scene where Walter plays an original tune on the flute for Daniels that was really good. I hope this was shot because it showed how conflicted Walter was with being an AI. 

dave1978

Im so sick of hearing that they have to get to 2 hours dead on,  WHY?  i would be happy to sit through 3 hours of an Alien movie

zoidy

Why? Commercial reasons, number of showings, aimed at 'average' moviegoer, not the people on this site. Cos, let's face it, we were always going to go, 3 hrs 10 hrs or 65mins ...

Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum

Modern audience don't like any movie that goes over 2 hours. Its counted as one of cons for movies in critic reviews. Peter Jackson too gets lot of flak for making long movies.

Russ840

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on May 28, 2017, 05:31:24 PM
Quote from: MattFiler on May 28, 2017, 05:22:04 PM
I'd like to see an extended version if it showed more of the Engineers before David arrived.

But the problem is that they aren't the engineers. They appears to be the humanoids from the beginning of Prometheus.

I would have liked to know why they greeted the boneship & if they were at war with the engineers from Prometheus? So many questions that I doubt can be answered in the next film.

The only way I think these prequels can work is if David is secretly being remotely controlled by Weyland Yutani the whole time. The same way Google controls our android phones. At the end of the day, David is still just a Robot. & Weyland Yutani's moto is "crew expendable."

They are Engineers. It is confirmed in the 'Art and Making Of Alien:Covenant' book that it is the Engineers homeworld that they land on.

zoidy

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on May 28, 2017, 05:41:50 PM
I^ I edited my earler post......... But they look different. Haven't you see the compairisons?
Yes ... one is a sacrificial engineer, no need for a flight suit when he's about to kill himself. The other is a spaceship piloting engineer, as discussed in Prometheus itself that installation they found was a military installation with the bio weapons ready to wipe out Earth in the case of the one ship we see inside (before an outbreak killed most of them).

Face it - as far as Ridley is concerned, the idea was the sacrificial engineer was the same as the military engineer. Time and clothing aside.

They are engineers, and intended to be the same.

Thats not to say Ridley might not retcon the whole thing in the future, who knows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed