"How has humanity spread throughout the universe?" (SFX Magazine - April 2022)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 26, 2022, 01:42:10 PM

Author
"How has humanity spread throughout the universe?" (SFX Magazine - April 2022) (Read 2,360 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from Noah Hawley in the current April 2022 issue of FX Magazine:

QuoteIt will be fascinating to see what he brings to his new TV project, a series based on the Alien franchise. It's going well, he says, in part because there's plenty of creative space for new stories. "We know there's a Weyland-Yutani Corporation." he says" We know there are these creatures. You don't really know anything about, y'know, has humanity has spread throughout the universe?" The series, he suggests, may provide some answers. We can probably expect the idea of humanity creating its own AI monsters, too.

I don't have the magazine issue on hand, nor have I purchased a digital copy, to directly pull the quote from myself, but the excerpt I posted above has been shared on wmmvrrvrrmm's Alien Explorations blog at the following link: https://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/2020/09/alien-tv-series-noah-hawley-pitched-tv.html

Darkness

I did skim this magazine when it came out but I completely missed that.

Here's the full article:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/20220327-sfx.pdf

[cancerblack]

QuoteYou don't really know anything about, y'know, has humanity has spread throughout the universe

I was under the impression that we could at least infer that yes, we have, based on the information presented in the first three films. Since I assume the EU fluff is being largely ignored.

Unless he means the whole universe, as opposed to (say) a third of the galaxy or whatever. In which case, all I can say is "oh for f**k's sake".

Immortan Jonesy

With the prequels, Alien's humanity colonizing space almost feels like the end of Battlestar Galactica.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed