MTV AvP2 Interview

Started by Darkness, Sep 11, 2007, 05:18:10 PM

Author
MTV AvP2 Interview (Read 15,176 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

I think what we are dealing with here, is a Queen, that is immature, and just happened to have a Predator for a host.  All it says is that a Queen is not a purebred, BUT it confirms my idea that even if the Queen has extra characteristics from its host, the eggs it makes will be purebred, and not pass on the extra traits.  Meaning a 2nd gen alien, from an egg made by the PredAlien Queen, if the host is human for the gen2 alien, it will be the same as an Alien from a Queen that had a human host.  The Queen is not exactly a purebred, but the Alien does not need to worry about genetic dissolution, as all the eggs are made with a clean slate.  I don't have a problem with this, even if it contradicts what was in a video game.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm disappointed we apparently aren't going to be seeing a standard pred-alien warrior in action, but I'm all for a pred-alien queen. So long as the Strause Bros. use the films AVP is based on (i.e. not the comics, games, etc.) as a starting point and follow a logical path to a good, realistic conclusion (however, sound logic is unattainable if an individual's knowledge is sorely lacking). That's where the AVP comics, games, etc. had failed... miserably. They differ so much from the films that I dislike them. Including this whole "predators are god-like warriors who can take on vastly superior numbers of mindless aliens and still come out the victor" garbage. *thinks of the pred-alien's dreads again and coughs up lunch*  But beyond the whole "accuracy & realism" argument, it's only fair that alien fans are treated the same as predator fans. Now I'm a HUGE predator fan, and even though I'm still an alien fan at my core, I still want to see aliens slaughtered in combat against preds just as much as the other way around. There's a nasty misconception that alien fans in general want to "win" and nothing else. When in fact, all we want is a faithful portrayal of both species locked in intelligent, realistic and intense combat. Here's hoping.   ;)  

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Regarding the recent pic of Wolf and the alien warrior in the sewer, perhaps the alien is not standing fully upright yet Even still, he does look a little small next to wolf. lol Human-gestated warriors are typically a good 7"-8" taller than the average predator (when standing fully upright). So either Wolf is unusually large for a pred, or he's taking some "performance enhancers". Lord help the Strause Bros. if they shrank the aliens. There'll be an army of pissed fans pounding on their door. lol    :D  

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't know...this sounds cool, but...I still have that feeling that this is going to be a nice movie to look at yet a mediocre addition to the canon. I mean...come on...a Predalien serving the same purpose as a Queen? Hmm.

JK

JK

The official site says coming soon. I think a new trailer is coming.   http://www.avp-r.com/

Axlotl

Axlotl

Well, it does say that there is no queen. which might mean no pure queen, or might mean something else. If there is no queen of any sort, perhaps the hybrid, being the eldest alien, assumes a "leadership" role amongst the fledgling, queenless hive. If the hybrid is the leader of the hive, maybe she has all the available corpses brought to her for egg-morphing to further the hive. Could even have a scene early on where she fights the drones that where born out of the wreckage face huggers for supremacy.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

omfg it sounds even better than before like i said, if there is going to be an AVP3, these guys are the ones who will get to do it    ;D  

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I believe Meathead320 has hit the nail on the head regarding the alien's genetic strains. That's exactly what I've speculated. lol   :D     ;)    However, the only problems with the notion that she's an immature pred-alien queen are: 1) aliens go into hiding when developing into an adult and don't start hunting, gathering hosts, etc. until fully mature 2) aliens grow at a rapid rate and queens are no exception 3) point #2 coupled with the "behind-the-scenes" explanation that the queen from the first AVP was being pumped with growth acceleration hormones that vastly speed up the time it takes to reach maturity (and the time it takes to gestate, obviously).

ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

What's with all this 'pure breed' stuff? The alien is an organism that takes traits from it's host organism in order to best adapt to what'll be it's new environment. With that as it's lifecycle every alien is pure bred. The notion that there can be hybrids is ridiculous. I mean, the alien that burst out of the Space Jockey's chest would probably have a set of characteristics taken from that species. What makes Human spawned Aliens 'pure' bred?

Psykorgasm

Psykorgasm

Sounds amazing. And...LOL @ all the fags moaning about the Predalien Queen. Stop going on about it, at the end of the day there's nothing you can do to change the outcome of this film. Just...get.over.it. You can never please anyone, jeez.

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

"The med kit's also back because he gets kinda f---ed up in one part,"..is this referring [possibly] to the part where the predator gets impaled by the predalien..just a thought. Maybe he heals himself after the battle though he gets pretty f--ked up in that battle and most like dies soon after.

Aran

Aran

He is not on Earth on some mission, guys. He got entangled in the scout ship & the Predalian & his SOLE job now is to eliminate all trace of it. So obviously ( & logically ) he has to arm himself to the teeth & bring with him a medi-kit in case he gets injured. ( which he definitely will.)   I guess the story of AVP-R is more of Wolf just taking out the humans & aliens & hunt the Predalien. He wont rest till the Predalian is killed. Then he can take off his mask & turn the atomic bomb on his wrist pad ( so cliche huh? ) or maybe a pick-up crew will reclaim his ass. either way dis is a movie dat sounds awesome.     8)  

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There is no guarantee the Predalien is a Queen, in any way.  Saying it serves the same purpose is not the same as saying it is one. They might just mean the same thematic purpose.  I still find it weird that they thought the first two films never showed Predators wearing armour or that they had no idea wearing more would be a good idea when hunting things with acidic blood in them.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

i'm always pretty positive about the movie but now i hear this sack of bullshit. predalien-queen. wow the brothers f**ked the alien franchise even MORE than PAUL. way to go. seriosly pred queen my ass.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

on a side note , i agree with xenomorphine. they did say there is no queen in the movie, meaning it may not be an actual queen but it will just serve the same purpose. i hope they dont tuch anything involving queen cuz thats one of the reason why i like the creatures  so much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed