ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,922 times)

HuDaFuK

I still stand by my opinion there will be one eventually, they're just hoping to shift more of the fancy ones first.

It makes no sense to do standard editions in Spanish and French, then screw English speaking countries.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 21, 2015, 01:31:56 PM
This is ridiculous.  I'm not buying this book, but not because of the price tag, but because I think that sculpted alien on the front is a bit ridiculous.  I just want a normal edition of the book...
To be fair the sculpted Alien is just a removable outer case, or at least that's what the Sideshow product photos show.

Corporal Hicks

It is. It's a slipcase.

Xenomrph

I'm not gonna lie, I've been edging ever-closer to caving and dropping the $300 or whatever for a copy, especially after learning that it comes with a bunch of fun little doodads, trinkets, and "artifacts" that a mass-market print edition likely wouldn't have. I loved that shit when it came with The Alien Vault (and The Terminator Vault), I'm a huge sucker for that kind of stuff.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 24, 2015, 02:12:42 PM...especially after learning that it comes with a bunch of fun little doodads, trinkets, and "artifacts" that a mass-market print edition likely wouldn't have.

I found a video showing a flick through of the standard Spanish edition, and by comparing it to my own, it seems the standard edition includes some of the extra trinkets, but not all of them (mostly missing out the funkier ones, like anything printed on acetate etc.) I made a list of the ones exclusive to the Collector's Edition on here.

Xenomrph

Okay I have to ask, is Jones' vet report dated before or after 'Alien'?

And all of those collector's edition exclusives sound super-cool. But I don't wanna spend $300................ :(

Corporal Hicks

I'll check when I get home, Xenomrph.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2015, 08:44:18 AM
I still stand by my opinion there will be one eventually, they're just hoping to shift more of the fancy ones first.

It makes no sense to do standard editions in Spanish and French, then screw English speaking countries.

It would make sense if Fox thought no one cared enough about the book to make a profit; sadly, this could very well be true with some of the recent fiascos the franchise has been having. :(

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 24, 2015, 05:47:20 PM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2015, 08:44:18 AM

It would make sense if Fix thought no one cared enough about the book to make a profit; sadly, this could very well be true with some of the recent fiascos the franchise has been having. :(
Like what? Alien Isolation was well received, Prometheus made a lot of money and is getting a sequel, and I haven't seen sales numbers for Fire and Stone or the Titan novels but I'm pretty sure they've been pretty well received, too.

predxeno

Alien Isolation was well received, true, but it still isn't getting a sequel. :(  Fire and Stone was meh but the story focused too much on Prometheus and that was what inevitably made many fans have a distaste for it.  The Titan novels were ok but in my personal opinion, Out of the Shadows and River of Pain were the only good ones (so far).

Xenomrph

I dunno, it seems like Creative Assembly is a little lukewarm on Isolation's sales numbers, for SEGA seems pleased enough. In an interview linked on these forums, Sega's CFO or someone high-up said that a sequel wasn't completely out of the question.

That's better than nothing I guess, even if we probably shouldn't hold our breath.

Corporal Hicks

Perfect-Organism

Yesss!!!

(And I mean that in the most Napoleon Dynamite kind of way)

Ultramorph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed