IGN UK Reviews AvP!

Started by Darkness, Feb 11, 2010, 02:03:48 PM

Author
IGN UK Reviews AvP! (Read 7,833 times)

If the reviews stay this high as they keep coming it will be apparent Game Informer was doing nothing but slandering with their 5. whatever review.

logansfolly

logansfolly

halo is gash.

MW2 is OTT in terms of death from above.

COD4 is stil imo the best game i have ever played.

This game is great i get exited over a demo and i jump while playing all the time. I am a big of the movies yes.... but thats who theve made this game for isn't it? I also agree that the graphs are fine esp as it's an old code. there be more polish on the final realese... but i for one don't care if there ain't!!!!! ''There's something out there and it ain't no man.... where all gonna die!''

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Seems like a great review.  Done by someone who seems familiar with the IP's yet not quite as rabid as us!

heady89

heady89

@RavagerX

They are decent , nothing ground breaking. Btw who said MW2 graphics are impressive? They're not its still a heavily modified Quake 3 engine that runs the call of duty games if you didn't know. Cod4 was rather visually impressive at the time of 2007 when they had updated the graphics engine, but ever since it's looking the same.

cabbageheat

cabbageheat

I have to agree, the graphics are decent, nothing spectacular at all.  Now, the screenshots we've been handed did look great....so....they dropped the ball somewhere, because they were much more impressive then anything I've seen so far.

psychoanomaly

psychoanomaly

Many of the screens they fed us are doctored up.

But the game in its raw state still looks exceptional. It's not quite on par with GoW2, Halo 3, Killzone 2, Crysis, ext, but it still looks fantastic. Relative to the games above (which have set the standard for visuals), AvP deserves a fine 8 in graphics, maybe a couple points higher. The environments aren't the prettiest, but the character models and lighting are spectacular.

Rigdenball-G

Rigdenball-G

I think people are missing the point abit, reviewers aways have something negative/critical to say even with the best games. What is really really REALLY awsome is that the reviews are coming in and the game appears to be pleasing them, which is a relief as i've pro-ordered it :) We should all be celeibrating

Luke

Luke

I really think its funny how i have read 2 reviews that say avp is great and then you read the gameinformer review and they completly bash on it like its a piece of shit. Then again gameinformer has always been like that.Negative.

jcakcajca

jcakcajca

The hell with reviews, it's Aliens vs Predator killing each other. FIRST DAY BUY BABY!!!!!!!!

tikimoe

tikimoe

Everybody has to remember that rebellion is limited to the source material,you screw that up and people will be pissed.I like the game and if people don't like avp then f*$k off and play sims 3

blade072

blade072

i cant see anything wrong with the game or graphics....you either love aliens vs predator or hate it.....

I LOVE IT......
LETS ROCK......  ;D  

Rocketassistedllama

Rocketassistedllama

Can't WAIT;0) From the 10 mins [or was that 20-split into 2 parts] marine campaign gameplay footage on youtube...looks fantastic;0) Beautiful dynamic lighting was what I was hoping for the most...it's got it. Texture detail; has always been amoung the least important things to me...anyone remember 'Pilotwings' on the N-64? Creative use of anti-aliasing, made the ultra low-res textures easily amoung the trippiest, most beautiful texture work I've ever seen. Even today; I've never seen anything like it.
You can really see the detail another Seraphic? review talked about too, in the youtube vid...steam hissing out of the ground in many different places, and the like. Great attention to detail, loveingly crafted.  Gorgeous...I'm impressed; and I AM a bit of a graphics snob....b That's why I went for the N-64 back in the day...image quality of ps1 was unacceptable to me.   ::)    Can't WAIT;0) From the 10 mins [or was that 20-split into 2 parts] marine campaign gameplay footage on youtube...looks fantastic;0) Beautiful dynamic lighting was what I was hoping for the most...it's got it. Texture detail; has always been amoung the least important things to me...anyone remember 'Pilotwings' on the N-64? Creative use of anti-aliasing, made the ultra low-res textures easily amoung the trippiest, most beautiful texture work I've ever seen. Even today; I've never seen anything like it.
You can really see the detail another Seraphic? review talked about too, in the youtube vid...steam hissing out of the ground in many different places, and the like. Great attention to detail, loveingly crafted.  Gorgeous...I'm impressed; and I AM a bit of a graphics snob....b That's why I went for the N-64 back in the day...image quality of ps1 was unacceptable to me.

Xleft4theXenoxX

Xleft4theXenoxX

I love the trailers. They are so intensive. For sure AvP will be one of the best license games :)
Predator rules! XD

Dylan92

Dylan92

Trailers of the gods this game kicks ass   ;D    x0

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed