When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,308 times)

skhellter

skhellter

After the prequels, I'd like to see the story pick up after Alien Resurrection, tbh.  :P

David will probably be revealed to have spread the Xenomorph far and wide throughout
the galaxy and humanity will soon come into contact again with the creature at the edge of known space....

Ridley said that he wanted to make this universe "bigger"..
he's probably referring to creating more planets with Xenomorphs and other dangerous critters.
Moving away from LV426 as the most important planet in the franchise.

Paradise and LV223 for example... And there's still eggs in Paradise..

TheBATMAN

I still believe Prometheus should have been a sequel set some 20-30 years after Alien 3. A company-funded mission looking for the xenomorphs and instead they find the Engineers.

SM

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 20, 2017, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:40:43 AM
Time isn't a factor.  If the specimens were destroyed, they're not going to 'get better'.

So... maybe they weren't destroyed at all.

Maybe the company guys in Alien Resurrection are simply incorrect, misinformed or have been deliberately misled.

No, there were no eggs.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 07:52:37 PM
No, there were no eggs.

Yes there were. So there.

SM

SM

Nope.

There's no 'maybe this, maybe that'.  You may wish it to be otherwise, but as that's how things currently stand.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 08:04:27 PM
Nope.

There's no 'maybe this, maybe that'.  You may wish it to be otherwise, but as that's how things currently stand.

If a screenwriter decides there some left, then guess what: there were some left.

SM

No, really, you think?  Guess what the word "currently" means.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 08:13:41 PM
No, really, you think?  Guess what the word "currently" means.

No idea what you're banging on about now.

SM

Not surprising.

I've been saying for the last couple of the pages that the Derelict was not a source of eggs based on the current films and lore.  I've also said that may change if new films changed it.

Perhaps paying attention to your own comment which kicked this off may be helpful...
Or not.

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 20, 2017, 10:30:42 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 20, 2017, 10:03:29 AM
Though I am not a massive fan of either prequels, I would suggest they let Scott finish his trilogy at least so the whole thing isn't rendered a pointless mess. I think the promise of the Engineer's return and a direct lead in to Alien will be a good draw to put bums on seats. He just has to stop trying to make the film clever and meaningful and actually try and craft up some tension and horror.

Once they get that out of the way, maybe they'll re-boot again with an entirely new set of characters.

Timing wise, it could be set after the events of Alien 3, and have the company send a team back to LV426. Just because Hadley's Hope got blown to smithereens, it doesn't necessarily mean that the original derelict - and its entire cargo of eggs - was destroyed too. I always got the sense that the derelict and Hadley's Hope were quite some distance apart. And we know there were way more eggs than colonists, so there ought to be a few spares knocking about the place. Hard to believe the company doesn't have a record somewhere of Burke's order to Newt's parents.

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 08:25:07 PM
Not surprising.

I've been saying for the last couple of the pages that the Derelict was not a source of eggs based on the current films and lore.  I've also said that may change if new films changed it.

Perhaps paying attention to your own comment which kicked this off may be helpful...
Or not.

Why not?

SM

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 11:05:41 AM
The destruction of the AP Station rendered the Derelict unviable for specimens.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2017, 10:50:17 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 10:38:24 AM
They would.  But as the films currently stand, the Derelict was no longer a source of eggs.

Is it too much of a stretch for an intervening film to be the reason for that, though?

No.  But until that film exists, they can't get eggs from the Derelict.

Rudiger

Films work best if use your imagination. You don't have to be shown everything, surely. If the new franchise ended now, the events of Alien don't suddenly become invalid.

SM

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Oct 20, 2017, 08:46:08 PM
What?

You seem to be saying that eggs can't be on the derelict because of what we've seen in Prometheus and A:C. That is what you're saying, isn't it?

SM

No.  When did I ever mention Prometheus and Covenant?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed