ACM at Comic-Con 2012

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

Author
ACM at Comic-Con 2012 (Read 34,583 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well, that's it. What a way to end my hatred for this game than to have such a stupid looking picture of Pitchford looking like a complete asshole as he insults all of us with this image.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I've been trying to remain optimistic for the most part, but you know what, this whole dumbing-down thing they're doing does make me angry. The whole thing is so synonymous with the industry nowadays, but when it starts happening to a game with characters and has a theme that you love, it sucks a hundred times worse. I'm sure the game will be a hoot at first, but it won't be long before we start getting annoyed at all the blatantly dumb choices they've made while making this game. Gearbox = F**ing company men!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Now they removed the acid blood because some noobs got killed by it obviously because they don't know how to jump over. I am expecting the new "tweak feature" in the next CoD game - removed bullet damage. "Some players died because they got shot by bullets so we removed the bullet damage. Its better this way for the fun factor."

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I just got lucky and stumbled across that pic, for superior trollin' effectiveness. :laugh:  I have no idea where it's from.

But I'm still mad. :(

Part of me was actually thinking that, since there's a Sulaco level, the design team realized that if a tiny incision on the finger of a single facehugger bled enough acid to burn through 2.5 decks of the Nostromo, the hordes of Aliens you'll be blowing away on the Sulaco would easily burn clear through the entire ship after you'd killed the first one or two.

Removing the 'acid' is an easy way to explain why this doesn't happen, though even if they kept it I doubt they would shoot for this level of realism.  If you were that cool, you'd just make the entire level a zero-g sequence so the massive hull breaches wouldn't matter, or give the players alternate weapons like some sort of taser web to neutralize Aliens without compromising the ship.  Hell, maybe even have the players trying to lure the Aliens into airlocks to blow them out.

But no, can't have that.  No fun factor there. :-\

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Lame, they announce that they are removing features already when they haven't even announced any real game features at all.

shadowedge

shadowedge

At lease we still get acid blood in MP.

Still it stinks that it was removed in SP mode. How are they going to describe acid holes in the ceiling/floor then?

ikarop

ikarop

Keep the insults to a minimum everyone. Let's keep it civilized.

Nightlord

Nightlord

How in the hell did Gearbox manage to make this a thing, Aliens have acid for blood if you don't like the sound of that don't play it simple as.
This game must be a corridor shooter to the max if people managed to get seven dead aliens to bottleneck them with acid and if singleplayer has the same stuff as multi then there is a jump button.
I guess the cod guys just got stumped when it didn't flash up on screen telling them to jump over acid, not charge at it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

More delays, please, just to get it right. GEARGH!

ikarop

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Wow...I am SINCERELY disappointed. Why would you do this, Gearbox? It was shaping up to be so good! I'm seriously considering canceling my preorder.

Predaker

Predaker

At least we will get glory holes for the xeno banana heads instead of actual vents to navigate.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Is it just me or does Syd Mead somewhat resemble an older Hunter S. Thompson these days?

http://blog.syracuse.com/shelflife/2008/07/thompson.jpg

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Lol it's not you, that outfit is great!

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but this whole fiasco applies to the co-op campaign, correct?

Which, technically speaking, is an enormous multiplayer component.  Does that mean acid only matters during competitive multiplayer?

I was so angry I hadn't actually thought that through... what a disaster that will be. :-\

chupacabras acheronsis

god help them if it does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed