AVP-R Ending

Started by IZE, May 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM

Author
AVP-R Ending (Read 7,681 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2018, 01:24:16 PM
Really? Someone just said AvPRs plot is not bad... wow. No, it just terrible and it makes AvP a better film by comparison.

WhiteRabbit throws hyperbolic hate nonstop at TLJ, but says AvPR plot not bad and does a lot well..

https://media0.giphy.com/media/QCPKEIwO5T8PK/giphy.gif
I actually did stop with the Star Wars because the best way to erase a mistake is to never talk about it so it is eventually lost to human history. Human history is not as permanent as the geological record.

AVPr is a better movie than TLJ, floppy tubes, egg-barfing and f**ked up transfer all accounted for. The characters are better. I can't believe I just said that but the proof is in the pudding. If I had to choose between AVPr and TLJ on the TV, AVPr is winning that battle.

Oh and as TLJ proclaim, let star wars die already.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Well it least i have a good idea of how far removed your taste in films is from mine.

Amazes me still though.

SM

SM

There are not enough memes to describe whiterabbits edge.

Vermillion

Vermillion

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2018, 11:13:24 PM
Well it least i have a good idea of how far removed your taste in films is from mine.
You have no taste, 426Buddy. Because at least AVPr has a flavor no matter how bitter it may be, unlike TLJ. AVPr is not the best movie by far but it is still entertaining and an honest effort. Sometime I wonder just what you guys think a movie called alien vs predator is meant to be.

SiL

SiL

Clearly TLJ had a flavour if it gets you so riled up.  :D

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 25, 2018, 03:13:56 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2018, 11:13:24 PM
You have no taste, 426Buddy. Because at least AVPr has a flavor no matter how bitter it may be, unlike TLJ. AVPr is not the best movie by far but it is still entertaining and an honest effort. Sometime I wonder just what you guys think a movie called alien vs predator is meant to be.

The answer to your last question is simple, I expect it to be good entertainment. AvPR is just bad. The acting, characters, and story all bad. Even the effects are a low point in both franchises (aside from wolf or Ian Whites performance atleast). If you somehow find it fun because its some trashy b movie thats barely a step above scifi channel, then great good for you. But dont say it does a lot of things right, it doesn't. At least I can say that despite being a letdown, AvP was a fun adventure flick with some cool effects and visuals.

And your weird hate for tlj is just odd. I understand why people don't like it, its not my favorite ( i did enjoy it though ;)). But i dont understand all the anger, vitriol, and hyperbole thrown at it.

The Old One

The Old One

It's because it's awful, granted not as awful as AVPR but still in the "diminishing the franchise" box.
For things that contribute nothing worthwhile.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It was supposed to be "You've got no taste" right...  I screwed that right up didn't I.

This is no place for yet more star wars talk. If you wanna talk about how rad avpr is or isn't then fine. We can talk that.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2018, 03:28:55 AM
Well it's kind of a dead topic but like any good turd there's always a little bit more wiping up required. Still I don't bother you guys in the star wars thread... unless you want me too? Everyone enjoys garbage in one way or another.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 25, 2018, 03:44:38 AM
It was supposed to be "You've got no taste" right...  I screwed that right up didn't I.

This is no place for yet more star wars talk. If you wanna talk about how rad avpr is or isn't then fine. We can talk that.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2018, 03:28:55 AM
Well it's kind of a dead topic but like any good turd there's always a little bit more wiping up required. Still I don't bother you guys in the star wars thread... unless you want me too? Everyone enjoys garbage in one way or another.

Most of my last post was dedicated AvPR (previous posts too)   :(

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I mean if all you're after is watching the Predator go from scene to scene murdering stuff in poorly lit shots, then yeah I guess AVP R would be better.

What's the point in comparing two different dumpster fires though?

"Good" is not a term I would associate with AVP:R in any context though. It has a shot here or there, or a moment, but that's about all it has.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 07:59:06 PMEven with the limitations they had, they could have made a decent film.

Debatable. The script - especially the characters - was garbage. Not sure any level of directing could fix that.

Case in point - Prometheus.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I think the Strauss brothers would have just been better off making a Predator film as that seemed to be where their interests laid. I'll always be a touch grateful they at least had enough respect for the character to bring back it's most recognisable traits such as the correct heat vision, sounds, eye flash and other elements Anderson totally discarded.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 24, 2018, 10:50:20 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2018, 01:24:16 PM
Really? Someone just said AvPRs plot is not bad... wow. No, it just terrible and it makes AvP a better film by comparison.

WhiteRabbit throws hyperbolic hate nonstop at TLJ, but says AvPR plot not bad and does a lot well..

https://media0.giphy.com/media/QCPKEIwO5T8PK/giphy.gif
I actually did stop with the Star Wars because the best way to erase a mistake is to never talk about it so it is eventually lost to human history. Human history is not as permanent as the geological record.

AVPr is a better movie than TLJ, floppy tubes, egg-barfing and f**ked up transfer all accounted for. The characters are better. I can't believe I just said that but the proof is in the pudding. If I had to choose between AVPr and TLJ on the TV, AVPr is winning that battle.

Oh and as TLJ proclaim, let star wars die already.

The proof is only in your head dude lol

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 25, 2018, 10:34:47 AM
Debatable. The script - especially the characters - was garbage. Not sure any level of directing could fix that.

They changed the script though. If they had continued to change the script and had actually given a shit about the performances of their actors they could have greatly improved the thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed