Nostromo Revisited

Started by Frosty Venom, Feb 03, 2019, 05:38:05 AM

Author
Nostromo Revisited (Read 20,364 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Well It has been three months and not that I am surprised, but there is still no attribution given to that video I showed that was plagiarism.

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2019, 08:58:00 PM
I don't imagine anyone but a handful of us care.

Judging by the lack of people in the comments calling him out that sadly might be true, assuming of course the comments are not getting deleted or prevented from being posted as some users have a filter to choose what comments can be allowed on there.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 09, 2019, 10:29:48 AMWell It has been three months and not that I am surprised, but there is still no attribution given to that video I showed that was plagiarism.

He's posted several new videos since then as well.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 09, 2019, 10:29:48 AM
Well It has been three months and not that I am surprised, but there is still no attribution given to that video I showed that was plagiarism.

Judging by the lack of people in the comments calling him out that sadly might be true, assuming of course the comments are not getting deleted or prevented from being posted as some users have a filter to choose what comments can be allowed on there.

To be honest I think the only viable solution to stuff like Alien Thievery is to make better content.  He doesn't give a shit about plagiarism and neither does his audience.  It's been a primary motivator for me to put more effort into my Youtube stuff, and why I've been encouraging Hicks with the AvPG videos.

Maybe wiki creators need to make their own videos before bad actors can steal them?

iain

iain

Im a AT fan. Subscribed to his channel when it first started and I personally enjoy his videos and ive learnt things I never knew so big thumbs up from me.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Uh-oh...

426Buddy

426Buddy

What can you do when no one cares? We already had half this thread calling him out for his plagiarism, wasnt even a ripple in the water.

Quote from: iain on May 09, 2019, 09:33:32 PM
Im a AT fan. Subscribed to his channel when it first started and I personally enjoy his videos and ive learnt things I never knew so big thumbs up from me.

You should thank the people who actually put the work in to compile and create that information instead of the one who steals it and passes it off as his own.

SM

SM

Word.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Has anyone checked this video for plagiarism yet?

I'm honestly curious if he quietly changed his ways without actually acknowledging them.

SM

SM

I watched nearly half then skipped around the rest and it's lifted almost word for word from the CMTM.  Which he kinda sorta acknowledges but not really.

It really should be 'Guy reads pages 40 to 54 of the Colonial Marines Technical Manual without adequately attributing the guy who actually put in the hard work to write it'.

And on top of that he insinuates the CMTM informed the ship that ended up in the film.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Sounds like everything said to him here fell on deaf ears.  Oh well, there's always this...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en

SM

SM

Can't imagine Fox would be that bothered.

It would need another fan to trawl through every video, and document all the plagiarism, then make a video called 'Alien Theory EXPLAINED!!'

Not sure I could be bothered.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

His channel is only going to keep growing until someone can be arsed.

SM

SM

I think it'll grow either way. As parasites do.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on May 09, 2019, 12:18:47 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 09, 2019, 10:29:48 AM

To be honest I think the only viable solution to stuff like Alien Thievery is to make better content.  He doesn't give a shit about plagiarism and neither does his audience.  It's been a primary motivator for me to put more effort into my Youtube stuff, and why I've been encouraging Hicks with the AvPG videos.

Maybe wiki creators need to make their own videos before bad actors can steal them?

Originality is its own reward and I am glad that AVPgalaxy have been keeping their videos original and they are good too, it just shows what you can  do if you just put the effort in.

I have actually been plannning on doing some lore videos for awhile now, just sadly don't have much time these days and I think I need a better quality camera as the sound is terrible. Like I said in some of my previous posts, if youtube doesn't do anything about the plagiarism when I report it, then I will be doing a "alien theory/hybrid network/any other plagiarist" explained video naming and shaming them to youtube audience. That way at least people will be aware those youtubers are stealing their information from wikis.

As you said though, going through all those videos to find more evidence is going to be a drag and I don't particularly like the idea of enabling them by adding to the view count even it only counts as one.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 10, 2019, 07:49:35 AM
Sounds like everything said to him here fell on deaf ears.  Oh well, there's always this...

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2807622?hl=en

If he has been taking from official fox material such the CMTM or the Weyland Yutan Report, or hell any of the books without giving proper attribution then I believe that is copyright infringment because it is stealing from official sources.

If I get time I might do an evidence crawl, not just on him but any youtuber that I know of that has plagiarised from us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed