Nostromo Revisited

Started by Frosty Venom, Feb 03, 2019, 05:38:05 AM

Author
Nostromo Revisited (Read 19,426 times)

SM

SM

I thought it was pretty widely taught in high school.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 08, 2019, 02:55:16 AMI know that a lot of youtubers definitely rip stuff straight from wikis but is it not possible that sometimes both youtuber and wiki have lifted the information from the same source?

As Cruentus says, this isn't a case of him producing videos on the same subject that provide the same information. There's nothing wrong with that.

This is a case of him literally reading our work word-for-word, and then presenting it as though it's his own.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2019, 03:31:12 AM
I thought it was pretty widely taught in high school.
It was hammered into our skulls with the fury of a thousand suns when I was in high school (as was MLA format citations), I don't know if that's still the case in today's schools. I remember having to buy the MLA style guide and look up exactly how you cite certain types of media and the like, it was a huge pain in the ass (especially when trying to cite websites, which was uncharted territory as far as MLA was concerned at that point). Nowadays there are websites that do that shit for you, so there's really no excuse.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

New video just dropped.  Any signs of plagiarism?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

From what I heard on a quick peruse, he is reading from the book sea of sorrows which he does show in that video, I would have to watch it all with full attention to make sure and I don't really care to as each view of his video just enables him.  I don't particular want to be watching videos from plagiarists or contributing towards their view count unless I am gathering evidence like I did with the other vide. That all being said I will be keeping my eye out for future plagiarism as I do intend to take these matters to youtube and central and more plagiarism means more to show them.

The Old One

The Old One

Ugh, that subject matter too.

SM

SM

What Cruentus said.

I watched about 3 minutes before turning it off and he quoted from Sea of Sorrows - but it was proper quoting; not plagiarising anything.  And chasing around after every video looking for theft is a waste of time.

The Old One

The Old One

It is indeed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm just curious if this thread motivated a change in his modus operandi.

SM

SM

He's got 130+k subs. Why would it?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

To prevent further accusations of plagiarism?

SM

SM

I don't imagine anyone but a handful of us care.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I admire your cynicism.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sad but true..

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 11, 2019, 08:59:19 PM
I admire your cynicism.
Unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of effectiveness? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed