Nostromo Revisited

Started by Frosty Venom, Feb 03, 2019, 05:38:05 AM

Author
Nostromo Revisited (Read 19,420 times)

MaineXeno

MaineXeno

I don't get why people are attacking Alien Theory but are perfectly happy with Hybrid Network or Mr. Hreviews. At least he doesn't make clickbait titles about rumors or goes around acting like his opinion is greater than everyone else's is. I'm pretty sure I have heard him cite xenopedia before. 

SM

SM

Who said they were perfectly happy with Hybrid Network or Mr H Reviews?

judge death

judge death

Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 06, 2019, 03:39:41 AM
I don't get why people are attacking Alien Theory but are perfectly happy with Hybrid Network or Mr. Hreviews. At least he doesn't make clickbait titles about rumors or goes around acting like his opinion is greater than everyone else's is. I'm pretty sure I have heard him cite xenopedia before.
In due time ;) I list them all as: I check avpgalaxy and its trends and then I make a video about what is the most popular subject. Seen way too many similarities between SM or one of the bigger users here creating a thread or post something interesting/new what is going on or explaining the movies and soon there is a youtube video rereading the same things....
Also found watching their videos a total waste of time, its mostly reading about what happened in the movie and some reading from the novels/books without naming any sources, like in one video about: Alien vs newborn who would win? Ends with never coming up with any original materials or trying to tell who would actually win but just read what happened in the movie, and end with: Write in the comments, would the alien or the newborn win a fight?

Sigh, if one watched the movie one should know 90% what is said in the youtube video and an answer I already have, waste of my time.

MaineXeno

MaineXeno

I'm seeing a lot of accusations being thrown at him, but there is something missing, I think it's a thing called evidence.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 06, 2019, 04:20:33 AM
I'm seeing a lot of accusations being thrown at him, but there is something missing, I think it's a thing called evidence.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 05, 2019, 02:40:49 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 04, 2019, 06:48:13 PM
https://twitter.com/Alien_Theory/status/1092276391855349761

Really? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i4IsLEgBHw

Start from 1.30

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Facehugger

Read from subduing the host section.

Start from 1.50

Read from implantation process.

And this continues with different parts of the sentences.

Some more. 3.03

Read from implantation process in this old version https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Facehugger#Implantation_process
from "the Facehugger deposits a tumor" to be specific.

Guess we know who is lying.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I feel partly responsible for bringing about this negative interaction and for that I apologize. Alien Theory has the respectability to come on here and address the issues you guys seem to have with him in a mature way and you still revert to cynicism and what could be seen as bullying.

Alien Theory can clearly stand up for himself and back that up with evidence and I don't really want to call anyone out. But it seems to be the same type of people that often shut down other members of this forum whenever they express opinions that the former don't agree with. It's quite often done with an arrogant and conceited attitude and normally ends with a stagnation of the topic at hand.

Hopefully some good can come of this though and the two parties can resolve their issues.

I just wanted to share something that I thoroughly enjoyed with other members of this forum. Alien Theory clearly works very hard on his videos and I thank him for his contribution of quality Alien content.

SiL

SiL

He hasn't addressed them in a mature way at all.

His counter-evidence to a post giving actual time codes to his plagiarism is "Yeah but I mention books in my videos sometimes." He's admitted no wrongdoing, deflected any attempt at actually reaching the issue, and continues to act like there's nothing he can do because clearly we're all just out to get him.

This has nothing to do with opinions. This has to do with someone stealing material and then arrogantly claiming they aren't, and that any claims to the contrary are just "vague", even when repeatedly given explicit examples.

He does work very hard on these video. And other fans also work very hard for the content he lifts word-for-word without a credit.

SM

SM

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 06, 2019, 05:12:46 AM
I feel partly responsible for bringing about this negative interaction and for that I apologize. Alien Theory has the respectability to come on here and address the issues you guys seem to have with him in a mature way and you still revert to cynicism and what could be seen as bullying.

Alien Theory can clearly stand up for himself and back that up with evidence and I don't really want to call anyone out. But it seems to be the same type of people that often shut down other members of this forum whenever they express opinions that the former don't agree with. It's quite often done with an arrogant and conceited attitude and normally ends with a stagnation of the topic at hand.

Hopefully some good can come of this though and the two parties can resolve their issues.

I just wanted to share something that I thoroughly enjoyed with other members of this forum. Alien Theory clearly works very hard on his videos and I thank him for his contribution of quality Alien content.

So he's shown to be lifting material from others without attribution - and he's the victim now?

Here's another one if you're interested.

Almost entirely word-for-word from The Weyland Yutani Report, with the odd embellishment.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 06, 2019, 03:39:41 AM

As someone else said, who said we are happy with those two? I have actually left a comment on one of HN's videos about the plagiarism and I have spoken to him on here about it, he then claimed he would cite the sources from xenopedia only to go back to not doing so. No one who plagiarizes from the wiki or indeed any other sources, is someone we are "perfectly happy" with.

Quote from: MaineXeno on Feb 06, 2019, 04:20:33 AM

The video that has been quoted is one of those things called evidence.

Not sure which of us you referring to but I will say this, as far I know and remember, I have never shut anyone down on this site, I respect other people's opinions, even when I disagree with them.  You can't really expect everyone to be all sweet and super friendly when someone steals information from a site or a book.

The quality alien content is not all his though, as per the video with the timestamps and the recent one by SM, he is simpy reading it word for word.

The Old One

The Old One

But it seems to be the same type of people that often shut down other members of this forum whenever they express opinions that the former don't agree with. It's quite often done with an arrogant and conceited attitude and normally ends with a stagnation of the topic at hand.

Stagnation or Conclusion?

I'm assuming you're talking about Canon. That's because you (And others) constantly switch from Metaphysics discussion to epistemology. Bloody pyrrhonist.

426Buddy

426Buddy

No offense Frosty, but have you even read your thread?

Multiple examples of plagiarism have been provided, so what are you defending?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I realize it's not an excuse, but I'd be surprised if he even remembers which videos made use of the Xenopedia.  Perhaps a blanket attribution of his usual sources right above his list of patrons would be sufficient?

SM

SM

Acknowledging the people paying him along with the people he's profiting from?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Indeed.

MaineXeno

MaineXeno

I read the wiki and watched the video. I still don't think he stole from the wiki. The wiki does not own the statement that Facehuggers jump on peoples faces.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed