NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,887 times)

judge death

judge death

Mine stand pretty well too but yes those back spikes is a pain to get them to stick, but I used some padding inside the holes so the pegs stay in better, and well with joints getting loose, that is what happens when a figure of this size and I would claim neca plastic joints, carries the weight.
I got myself a neca display stand and use that to lift her up at the rear of the figure, like the stand that comes with her do in the front. Her joints is like brand new due to they dont really carry any weight:

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I actually got my queen set up, finally, once again, with the shorter stand. Still difficult, but it's cool because she looks like she's running.

Anyway, does anyone else think that less is more - especially when it comes to alien collections? Unless you have mad space available they can look so cluttered and similar. Right now I have a small display with most of my collection packed away. It looks much better.

Neomorph-01

Neomorph-01

StayFrosty I know what you mean about cluttered displays.
I don't have space for permanent displays - but I have created a diorama of the atmosphere processor/hive that I use for photography (I need to upgrade the lighting for that) and keep all the collections in BIG tubs (one for Queens, one for warriors, one for drones, one for hybrids, one for military humans, one for civilian humans, etc.)
That way when I get a new figure or new repaint/custom I can set it up within the diorama for photos (better than seeing my wardrobe in the background).

ps. I am planning on creating some more dioramas that can assemble/disassemble easily for storage - one will be the egg sack for the Queen, so should give support  (I'm looking into options for materials) that diorama piece can then slot into the side of the existing diorama.

Master

Master

This is my display of Her Majesty

I combined stand for one of NECA ships and Queens own support.  It stands like this for very very long time.

The biggest problem I have is with They Live alien lady. She can't stand at all...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 01, 2021, 09:26:56 PM
Anyway, does anyone else think that less is more - especially when it comes to alien collections? Unless you have mad space available they can look so cluttered and similar. Right now I have a small display with most of my collection packed away. It looks much better.

If NECA weren't so damned pricey here, I'd go for a queen and a half dozen warriors then call it a day.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Is it just me or is this line totally dead mostly... mostly?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

4 all new figures coming, apparently...

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1465459699193683974

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Maybe Drake!? Or an Apone figure?  :o

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Back in April, they mentioned some upcoming stuff being from the expanded universe.

Figures from some of the novels would be great, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were Fireteam Elite figures - prowler, spitter, burster, etc.

Hopefully they aren't from the Marvel comics line...

Master

Master

Id love Betty's Crew.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Getting the 16 characters from Aliens is my ultimate goal, I doubt it'll ever happen, but there's hope...
The last 3 in regular Nostromo outfits from Alien is my #2 goal...I am pretty sure that will happen.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2021, 08:45:46 PM
Id love Betty's Crew.
At least give me Johner.

Master

Master

Johner but also Christy and Vriess with his wheelchair are must have for me. Hell, I'd bite for Elgyn, Distephano even Hillard too.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

No Call? :P

Master

Master

Yeah, call too. Forgot about toster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed