Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,168 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://omegaunderground.com/2017/12/14/fox-plans-shoot-ridley-scotts-alien-awakening-next-summer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

QuoteOmega Underground had learned that at one time Fox was eyeing a Summer 2018 shoot for Scott's Awakening and now we have more  information to support that along with Prometheus/Covenant's Mark Huffam and Scott Free's Michael Pruss named as producers.

"At one time."

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 15, 2017, 04:22:35 AM
Quote from: Alionic on Dec 14, 2017, 10:52:16 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2017, 10:11:55 PM
Not because of that lol.

There were just many male performances this year that were superior than David and Walter. And if Fassbender didn't even get nominated for his superior Prometheus-David 8 performance...

His performance was much more central to Covenant (therefore better) than Prometheus. If he were to get nominated for the David character, it would for Covenant.

lol wut? Central = better? That's not how life works.

You're evidently not too bright.

How about you both tone it down and act like adults interacting with other adults in a mature fashion? I'm bored of having to remind you BSG and you've been dropping on the radar for the same reasons lately, Alionic. Can we just act like grown-up's please. It's boring when I have to make comments like this. Thanks.  :)

Anyway, BSG isn't wrong. Though I loved Fassbender and David in both Prometheus and Covenant, central doesn't automatically equate to better.

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2017, 09:06:36 AM
http://omegaunderground.com/2017/12/14/fox-plans-shoot-ridley-scotts-alien-awakening-next-summer/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

QuoteOmega Underground had learned that at one time Fox was eyeing a Summer 2018 shoot for Scott's Awakening and now we have more  information to support that along with Prometheus/Covenant's Mark Huffam and Scott Free's Michael Pruss named as producers.

"At one time."

Doesn't mean anything, until we hear confirmation it's been cancelled.  From all indications, it's still going ahead, although that could change in the future.  The change of ownership one likely reason, but I'll wait until it's confirmed.

In the meantime, I look forward to Covenant 2.

Corporal Hicks

It's not confirmation either way. We know Fox was definitely willing. We know Scott definitely is. But we also infer that whatever direction Scott was going with Awakening during Covenant's production is likely not the one Fox settled with, considering Snider's comments about trusting Scott to find the right direction. That implies they were still looking for it.

monkeylove

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 15, 2017, 04:59:25 AM

That's not entirely true.  Alien 3 was being re-appraised even before the Assembly Cut was released in 2003.

More details on that will certainly help.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 14, 2017, 11:51:32 PM
The reason Prometheus David is different to Covenant David is something called "character development".
Character development happens on screen. Terrible storytelling happens off screen.

The happy alien

Scott, please, stop. You are killing Alien. Please please Disney, eliminate Prometheus and Covenant, they are the worst creation of the humanity. Even Bee movie is perfect compared with this David saga.

windebieste

Scott, please, more.  You're making ALIEN subversive.  Please please Disney, more 'PROMETHEUS' and 'ALIEN: Covenant' They are the best creation of the humanity.  David saga is the bomb!

-Windebieste.

Still Collating...

Even though I liked David in Covenant, I really prefer his Prometheus performance because of the subtlety. I understand we haven't seen him for 10 years and he's going a bit crazy, so of course he's changed. But that's 10 years of off screen development, so David's Covenant performance can seem a bit jarring sometimes, steering in the cartoon villain area. I do think they went a bit overboard, some more subtlety would have been nice or better yet, keep the craziness but add better, more fitting dialog. I still liked him, though more in Prometheus. I would like to see a conclusion to the character.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 15, 2017, 09:33:18 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2017, 09:06:36 AM

"At one time."

Doesn't mean anything, until we hear confirmation it's been cancelled.  From all indications, it's still going ahead, although that could change in the future.  The change of ownership one likely reason, but I'll wait until it's confirmed.

In the meantime, I look forward to Covenant 2.

I'm hoping to hear more details within the next couple of months as All the Money in the World gears up for award season. Plummer is at least nominated.

I'm sure Ridley's thoughts on Disney's acquisition of Fox will be at the forefront of most journalistic goals during that time.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 15, 2017, 12:41:23 PM
Scott, please, more.  You're making ALIEN subversive.  Please please Disney, more 'PROMETHEUS' and 'ALIEN: Covenant' They are the best creation of the humanity.  David saga is the bomb!

-Windebieste.

"They are the best creation of THE humanity."

Guys I think Windie is losing it.

Deathbearer

Wonder if Disney is going to do a George Lucas to Ridley Scott

Whos_Nick

Lol Disney isn't in the business of making movies for 100 million only to make 200 back

DorkiDori

Well, Disney announced today that it has no plans to remove the R rated Marvel films coming up, biggest of which being Deadpool. I dont see why Disney would do the same to the Alien franchise. There was a good point made about merchandising and such being limited on R rated films, however, there are already so many brands out there making toys and other "fan boy" goods from R rated series like Aliens, Terminator, Predator etc that I doubt it will have any drastic ramifications in Disneys mind to change the rating of some of the most beloved franchises around. Given the Aliens franchise has amassed such a huge following its 30 years of existence, it would be a bit of a silly thing to mess with the standard rating of the films (we all saw what happened with AvP because of it).

I genuinely hope that Disney gets behind the Aliens franchise like it did with Star Wars. Though the Aliens franchise isnt quite as big as Star Wars, its still a lucrative and good investment choice for Disney to come in and put some money and new talent behind. Personally I believe that Disney shoudl let Scott finish out his trilogy of films, then get Neil Blomkamp back in the picture and have him make his Alien 5 film. There were A LOT of people out there (myslef included) who were VERY excited to see Blomkamps film become a reality, if nothing more to see him PROPERLY close out the Ripley storyline. It would make sense to allow Scott to finish his trilogy as well as allow for the Blomkamp Alien 5 to be made as BOTH films would tie up 2 storylines neatly and nicely... then allow for additional Aliens films to be produced that exist in the same universe, but have nothing to do with the David/Ripley storylines (much like the comic books and novels have done for decades that STILL continue to sell well to this day).

Scorpio

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 15, 2017, 11:53:02 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 15, 2017, 04:59:25 AM

That's not entirely true.  Alien 3 was being re-appraised even before the Assembly Cut was released in 2003.

More details on that will certainly help.

I remember reading an article in SFX magazine around the time Alien Resurrection came out.

tleilaxu

Quote from: Deaconschristpose on Dec 15, 2017, 08:13:51 AM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 15, 2017, 07:25:55 AM
"Ironically, it is when Ripley discovers that she is harboring the new Alien Queen inside her—essentially her death warrant—that she is able to pull herself together and find a certain degree of purpose in what remains of her life. These are emotional beats that are more complex than the sort that are normally found in the main character of a big-budget sequel and Weaver plays all of them beautifully—she may have been nominated for "Aliens" but her performance here is arguably better.

Whatever one may think about "Alien 3" and "Alien Resurrection," they were works of vision and ambition by serious-minded filmmakers that had the misfortune to follow in the footsteps of two of the greatest films of their type and wound up to a great extent suffering from the impossibly high expectations of moviegoers."......rogerebert.com
This is so good. Really flosses my brain from all the negative fanboy stuff.  3 is great, Res is what it is. Sigourney's reign of the character is a very special thing that definitely needs another round, whether it's Chappie or Blade Runner.  Mouse house will probably get it right.

And I actually think Awakening might get the budget it deserves.  People needed to stop blaming Ridley and put the heat on Rupert Murdoch. Have you watched his news channel? He's captured Mick Jagger's wife!  All this Disney aquisition shit is so predictable that I bet that big layout was part of a big Hollywood plan laid out years ago.  The Xenomorph has been at MGM Studios for a long time...
I'll say it again, Resurrection has one of the absolute sickest scenes in the franchise (the failed clones).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed