The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 116,016 times)

Cooler

Cooler

Man, the trailer is...ok. I'm not going to sh*t on it, the predator design looks good, the other parts, we''ll just have to wait and see. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say this is going to be worse than AvPR or anything like that. Because we just don't know enough. Some of you lot are just too attached to expectations of what Predator "should" be, not what it "can" be. Sometimes a good movie needs to go beyond retreading the same terrain and go for something new for a change.

blood.

Quote from: Cooler on May 11, 2018, 07:25:21 AM
Some of you lot are just too attached to expectations of what Predator "should" be, not what it "can" be.

^ I'm guilty of this with godzilla 2014 and jurassic world among other films, which I absolutely hated when I first watched them but are guilty pleasures of mine now.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Cooler on May 11, 2018, 07:25:21 AMMan, the trailer is...ok. I'm not going to sh*t on it, the predator design looks good, the other parts, we''ll just have to wait and see. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say this is going to be worse than AvPR or anything like that. Because we just don't know enough. Some of you lot are just too attached to expectations of what Predator "should" be, not what it "can" be. Sometimes a good movie needs to go beyond retreading the same terrain and go for something new for a change.

This.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on May 11, 2018, 02:54:17 AM
Just a teaser but interesting we didn't see Edward James Olmos, also who was the actor playing the character interrogating Quinn - didn't see him on the IMDB page.

Spoiler
He was apparently completely absent from the first test screening.
[close]

von

Man, the trailer is...ok. I'm not going to sh*t on it, the predator design looks good, the other parts, we''ll just have to wait and see. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say this is going to be worse than AvPR or anything like that. Because we just don't know enough. Some of you lot are just too attached to expectations of what Predator "should" be, not what it "can" be. Sometimes a good movie needs to go beyond retreading the same terrain and go for something new for a change.

couldn't agree more, thanks. was beginning to think i was insane for not sh*tting on the movie yet.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh boy... it does look fantastic though.

Oh and it's a Halloween movie. There's that!

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: von on May 11, 2018, 07:53:03 AM

couldn't agree more, thanks. was beginning to think i was insane for not sh*tting on the movie yet.
Shitting on this movie after this little peek is insane, really.

Whats the point of being a fan if you stop yourself about being excited about anything these days?

I agree that the trailer as a whole, is not that great. It's what it is, a teaser. As a fan though, i like it very much because of that, it's refreshing having seen a trailer and not figuring out everything in advance. I'm planning to not watch the full trailer or any other stuff.

This was meant for people to know it's coming, the next one will be money shots and spoilers, and then the bitching about "they show everything in trailers these days" starts again.

And you know why they are in urge to give everything away? Because if a trailer for a movie doesn't knock it out of the f**king park and people get a life changing experience, people won't get their asses to the theater, no matter how good/bad the movie ends up to be.

It looks fun to me, conspiracy theories, lots of action, gore and really cool looking Predators (and they didn't even show the upgrade yet).

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That's right, they didn't really give anything away while confirming and in a sense putting to rest some of the speculation. Namely the kid and hybridization.

Still I have to be honest, the pred from the trailer looks like a millennial to me.

You know what, there is one thing that is pissing me off about the trailer. Did the Predator ship have to crash land again? I mean of all the things, really. The last thing that is needed is the same opening to AVPr.

SiL

If I didn't know anything about Predator, this would not make me want to watch it. Luckily the story trailers are usually much more interesting and will hopefully show off the fact this isn't a YA sci-fi story with blood, despite what this teaser paints it as.

Tangakkai

I'm just a bit  underwhelmed from the setting, that's all. I was way more hyped for Predators after the first teaser, than for this.

But again, this teaser made me really look forward to the actors doing their job. We only get a handful of lines, but they are spot on an delivered straight to the point, it's what you want from a shane black movie.

Also: i know predators don't have to be tall, but they should be in my opinion. It is part of what makes them otherworldly and separates them from just being another alien. There's something amazing when you see dutch, a hunk of a guy, being dwarfed by an alien creature. It poses so much more threat, than it already does anyway.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 11, 2018, 08:37:31 AM
That's right, they didn't really give anything away while confirming and in a sense putting to rest some of the speculation. Namely the kid and hybridization.

Still I have to be honest, the pred from the trailer looks like a millennial to me.

You know what, there is one thing that is pissing me off about the trailer. Did the Predator ship have to crash land again? I mean of all the things, really. The last thing that is needed is the same opening to AVPr.
From what i understand, the trailer puts a lot of story elements in false light. I remember reading that the movie doesn't open with the ship crashing in the suburbs à la AvP and that this is actually much later in the story.

For shorts Predators: I really didn't get the feeling at all in the trailer, they also casted people close to 7 feet for them so even if they don't put them on appleboxes it should be fine.

Really intrigued by the EMPIRE pic, he looks massive there.

whiterabbit

Oh ok, I was assuming that it takes place later in the story, possibly in a flashback. However, none the less, predator's apparently crash as often as the engineers in Alien do.

The Predator in the teaser does look small though and maybe it's just me but it seems to need some sort of power assist to lift that man off of the ground. At least the sound effect and slight delay makes me think that.

SiL

Spoiler
The kid doesn't pilot the thing, either. When he turns it on it activates an autopilot. It crashes on its own. Making it look like he's steering is a trailer embellishment.
[close]

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 11, 2018, 09:11:22 AM
Oh ok, I was assuming that it takes place later in the story, possibly in a flashback. However, none the less, predator's apparently crash as often as the engineers in Alien do.

The Predator in the teaser does look small though and maybe it's just me but it seems to need some sort of power assist to lift that man off of the ground. At least the sound effect and slight delay makes me think that.

Na i think that's just awkward trailer-editing, but my guess is that's all pred muscle lifting the guy up, making the shortness of the pred all the more evident. When you look at the hand, it's nowhere near the size of kevin peter hall.

Jeez, i just realised how much i'm nitpicking the shit out of this :D in the end it either won't be a problem at all and the movie will be fun or it will be the least of my problems with it  ;D

Alienon

Alienon

How much chances what words <<"all five films" would be reference.>> was just a joke?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed