The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,970 times)

Brzrkr

Iron Man 3 is the only one I feel that artistically tried anything different. The rest have been vanilla factory processed time wasters.

It also took over a billion.  :)

Osimandias

I keep my fingers crossed an hope that there will be no Dutch crossed Predators in that movie...  ;D I hopefully that one is better than Predators otherwise I see no future for the franchise, a future that in my opinion the franchise so much deserved. I want to see s predator homeworld, the lost tribe background Story and so on.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:06:07 PMI'm there for Shane Black. He hasn't let me down yet.

This is basically what's getting me through all the people raging over this and that...

I've never seen a Shane Black movie I didn't enjoy the hell out of.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 10, 2018, 05:18:13 PM
Iron Man 3 was pretty terrible, but that's because the script was terrible. If The Predator turns out to be on par with Iron Man 3 it's probably time to retire the franchise.

80 on Rotten Tomatoes, 79 for audience. 7.2 on IMDB. 1.2 billion box office...if The Predator approaches Iron Man 3 levels I think we're safe. More people enjoyed it than not.

dallevalle

Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:20:41 PM
Iron Man 3 is the only one I feel that artistically tried anything different. The rest have been vanilla factory processed time wasters.

just because it made alot of money dosen't mean its good :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 05:21:35 PM
Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:06:07 PMI'm there for Shane Black. He hasn't let me down yet.

This is basically what's getting me through all the people raging over this and that...

Yeah, same. It's why I'm so keen to see how he handles the material and specifics that sound risky for the series.

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:23:21 PM

It did more than just make a lot of money. It was also rather well enjoyed according to the masses.  :)

Brzrkr

Yeah. It might not be everything I was hoping for it to be, but that's my unrealistic expectations.

I'm just glad that someone of his calibre is directing this and that they haven't just given the keys to some music video director who made a cocktail for McG at a party one time.

dallevalle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:23:27 PM

Yeah, same. It's why I'm so keen to see how he handles the material and specifics that sound risky for the series.

It did more than just make a lot of money. It was also rather well enjoyed.  :)

that's cool and all but personal for me i enjoyed iron man 2 more than 3 ( and i know how hated 2 is)
iron man 3 just felt off to me.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 05:23:21 PMjust because it made alot of money dosen't mean its good :)

Very ture.

But there's also this:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 05:21:53 PM80 on Rotten Tomatoes, 79 for audience. 7.2 on IMDB. 1.2 billion box office...if The Predator approaches Iron Man 3 levels I think we're safe. More people enjoyed it than not.

Personally, I really liked Iron Man 3. Would've liked it to be more overtly Shane Black, but at the end of the day it had to remain true to the PG-13 franchise it was a part of. I found it really funny how everyone raged over what he did with The Mandarin.

Brzrkr

In times where people have a lot of options and are frugal with money, yes, it does mean it was good.  ;)

That type of box office means people were going back.

dallevalle

Quote from: David 8 on May 10, 2018, 05:26:44 PM

In times where people have a lot of options and are frugal with money, yes, it does mean it was good.  ;)

That type of box office means people were going back.

well avatar must be a masterpiece then :D

Xerxész

Xerxész

In this picture is it a plasmacaster on the back of the Predator's shoulder? I mean that silver lightsaber-like thing...

Skinned body hanging in the background (top left) and Predator pod in the right. ;)

KillCrites

Man, this movie looks really good visually.

Highland

Has to be the most uninspiring trailer I've watched in a long time, literally nothing happens , but not in a good way , in a "is that it ?" Way.

They'd been better off with some predator sounds and a quick fight scene.

skull-splitter

What most people didn't like is what he did with the Mandarin and Black pulled his standard trick on the character. IMO it'd have worked better if even that was like a double role and him staying the mandarin for later. The rest of the film is quite OK. I mostly like Black's writing and directing, just seeing the same tricks over and over in terms of quipy dialogue and playing with expectations since Kiss, Kiss.

Monster Squad, only seen it once, but it reduced great monsters to poor characters.

The thing that ticks me off is the DNA splicing which is not needed at all if you ask me and clearly a lot of other fans. I could accept it if it is limited to a certain tribe, and now I'm kind of tempted to actually read the script. But I sort want to have some surprise when I enter the cinema...

I will go, it will be entertaining, it just reduces the Predators we knew to more generic monsters instead of keeping them a little more mysterious. I have little hope this will actually improve the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed