The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 116,051 times)

JokersWarPig

I'm going to reserve judgment until some more trailers drop...but right now I really don't know about this  :-\

BishopShouldGo

The movie looks like a lot of fun. Love the tone and Boyd seems like an excellent lead. I can't wait.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:48:29 PMfor starters they come here to hunt for trophy's not collecting our dna :3 watch the movies again.

So because they didn't do it before, they can't have changed their ways 30 years later?

In your mind, do they just keep doing the exact same things over and over, year after year without ever changing their society?

Not to mention the individuals in this film could be a different part of their society who do things differently.

dallevalle

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 10, 2018, 02:50:56 PM
I'm going to reserve judgment until some more trailers drop...but right now I really don't know about this  :-\

i know how you feel everything in me screams ( i want to love it) but watching a bland trailer like that just makes it really hard.

locusta

Is it me, or does the / they Pradator(s) look too short? Of course, since the original Kevin Peter Hall there was none such splendid shaped actor inside the suit, but still. 

And on another note, and now I might poke a bit in the hornet nest, does there loom a tiny bit of AVP:R feel in the air? ...... Hope not.

newbeing

I don't mind the DNA splicing angle, but what makes my eyes roll is whenever a character somehow explicitly knows what the monster/alien is doing and why, and has to lay it out as exposition. Granted it may be more carefully revealed in the movie, but for them to so flatly explain it in this trailer feels like a big reveal that could have been saved for the movie.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:48:29 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:45:47 PMthe whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

In what way?

for starters they come here to hunt for trophy's not collecting our dna :3 watch the movies again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTGUFQL8UWo

But that doesn't prevent them to have other motives too, no ? They hunt for sport AND for some DNA from the worthiest opponent ? That doesn't sound contradictory.

skull-splitter

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 10, 2018, 03:00:17 PM
Quote from: dallevalle on May 10, 2018, 02:45:47 PMthe whole dna thing goes against everything we saw from predator 1 and 2

In what way?

for starters they come here to hunt for trophy's not collecting our dna :3 watch the movies again.

But that doesn't prevent them to have other motives too, no ? They hunt for sport AND for some DNA from the worthiest opponent ? That doesn't sound contradictory.
Thing is, it never was about that and there's no need for it besides adding something fresh for the sake of it. No Sir, I don't like it one bit and I'm quite open to change.

howard.moody.566

AVP Requiem all over again.

Corporal Hicks

And also how would she really know if they had further motives anyway?

Got 2 new stills, just uploading now.

Xan21

In what way?

shiny bulky slashers monsters instead of creepy rastafarian hunters with actual character

ChanceVance

I don't want to overreact before a full trailer even comes out but I guess sometimes though you just can't shake a feeling that a movie is going to suck and I've had this vibe since the cast photo came out lol 

If there's going to be multiple Predators that's going to be difficult to get right because they're so strong, taking down just one is hard enough and P1/P2 is all about building up to that moment. Predators got it wrong there and got overzealous with having 3 of them. Great designs and all but when the characters felt less screwed against 3 of them than what Dutch and co were up against 1 then they added nothing. 

Hey I'll give it a chance when it comes out though. I thought Covenant was going to be good and well it certainly wasn't so maybe this can turn out to be fun. 

dallevalle

In what way?

it does when the point of them coming to earth is to hunt and to prove themself ( aaah what a great day of hunting oh well time for my substances abuse)

skull-splitter

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 02:40:19 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 10, 2018, 02:38:07 PMLogical. "Let's move from line of sight to line of jaw, because it looks cool and different".

It's a laser pointer. Why does it need to be lined up with their line of sight?

Everyone forgetting ol' Greyback in P2 had his pointer actually mounted on his cannon (which realistically would make a lot more sense anyway).
Greyback didn't wear a mask. If you watch P1 or simply remember: in P1 the laser lines up with line of sight, aims the slaving plasma caster with a slight delay. It follows where you look. Not where your chin is at.

It's not a product of the scanning contrary to what many games made us believe.

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on May 10, 2018, 03:02:45 PM
AVP Requiem all over again.
Well, yes, with a bigger budget.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed