Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 723,990 times)

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 24, 2010, 10:41:59 AM

The only way to logically get an egg at the end of Aliens would be to go back down the planet, find the derelict and pick one up- all of which would have taken up too much screen time and explanation,

umm tht doesn't make much sence, the aliens in the colony were from derilect, Weyland yutani sent the colonists to go search the derilict, they got face hugged, the the aliens brought the remaining eggs to the colony. unless your suggesting there were eggs remaining somehow.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: Basher917 on May 24, 2010, 11:28:50 AM

The only way to logically get an egg at the end of Aliens would be to go back down the planet, find the derelict and pick one up- all of which would have taken up too much screen time and explanation,

umm tht doesn't make much sence, the aliens in the colony were from derilect, Weyland yutani sent the colonists to go search the derilict, they got face hugged, the the aliens brought the remaining eggs to the colony. unless your suggesting there were eggs remaining somehow.

Yeah there were thousands in the derelict, I don't think the colonists took that many of them.

The eggs in the colony would have been destroyed when the place blew up, so the only place an egg could have come from was the derelict.

maledoro

maledoro

The only way to logically get an egg at the end of Aliens would be to go back down the planet, find the derelict and pick one up
There were other explanations in this thread that were far more plausible than that.

the aliens in the colony were from derilect, Weyland yutani sent the colonists to go search the derilict, they got face hugged, the the aliens brought the remaining eggs to the colony.
Would it be considered a spoiler if I reveal a gigantic plot element from a movie that was released almost 24 years ago?

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: maledoro on May 24, 2010, 05:08:55 PM
The only way to logically get an egg at the end of Aliens would be to go back down the planet, find the derelict and pick one up
There were other explanations in this thread that were far more plausible than that.

the aliens in the colony were from derilect, Weyland yutani sent the colonists to go search the derilict, they got face hugged, the the aliens brought the remaining eggs to the colony.
Would it be considered a spoiler if I reveal a gigantic plot element from a movie that was released almost 24 years ago?

You missed my point, I was saying that is the only logical way to get an egg, not how there was one in A3.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 24, 2010, 07:09:53 PM
You missed my point, I was saying that is the only logical way to get an egg, not how there was one in A3.
And then do what with that egg? I mean in a narrative sense (e.g., put it on the Sulaco, or some other event within the films).

SM

SM

QuoteThe only way to logically get an egg at the end of Aliens would be to go back down the planet, find the derelict and pick one up- all of which would have taken up too much screen time and explanation, so they just planted one there - we the audience were never meant to question where it came from.

How is that logical?

There was a Queen on the Sulaco.  Eggs come from Queens.  Ipso facto.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Going with Aliens as cannon:

From when the Queen emerges from the landing leg, we don't ever loose track of her, she does not lay an egg on the ceiling near the cryo tubes somewhere.

If you accept this as fact (which I do) then the only other place that eggs still exist is the Derelict.

Now I'm not saying this is where the Egg in Alien 3 is from.

I'm saying that when faced with this situation the film makers rather than make some plot involving the derelict wanted to go in a different direction and therefore were forced to put in an egg without a logical explanation.

This is my opinion :-)

alienfan95610

alienfan95610

The problem is...I don't believe the writers thought about it period. If they had, it would have been fairly simple to show us a quick shot of the dropship landing gear with an egg there. That shot alone would have told us it was the queen, that she had laid it on the flight up to the Sulaco, and that the facehugger that came from it is the one in Alien 3. Mystery pretty much solved.

But since none of that happened....the egg got there via crappy writing.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 25, 2010, 09:36:06 AM
From when the Queen emerges from the landing leg, we don't ever loose track of her, she does not lay an egg on the ceiling near the cryo tubes somewhere.
We don't know that the egg is anywhere near the cryotubes. But then, this has been mentioned before.

If you accept this as fact (which I do) then the only other place that eggs still exist is the Derelict.
If the derelict still exists. This, too, has been brought up before.

I'm saying that when faced with this situation the film makers rather than make some plot involving the derelict wanted to go in a different direction and therefore were forced to put in an egg without a logical explanation.
Using this wonderful thing called "context", we can figure that the queen had somehow laid an egg on the Sulaco.

SM

SM

QuoteIf you accept this as fact (which I do) then the only other place that eggs still exist is the Derelict.

I don't.

'Cos a) the Queen could've brought an egg with her, b) or could've laid one en route and c) the Derelict is no more.

QuoteBut then, this has been mentioned before.

Jorko_Beliata

Jorko_Beliata

Weeeell, that's a long one.

To be honest, always thought they put the egg in Sulaco just because they needed to make one more movie?  ;D ;D ;D

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: maledoro on May 25, 2010, 01:59:29 PM
We don't know that the egg is anywhere near the cryotubes. But then, this has been mentioned before.

If the derelict still exists. This, too, has been brought up before.

Using this wonderful thing called "context", we can figure that the queen had somehow laid an egg on the Sulaco.

At the end of Aliens, we hear a facehugger crawling around. Maybe it hitched a ride on the drop ship with the queen. Then, it moved the egg that the queen laid closer to the cryotubes.

SM

SM

Why?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

The facehugger sound was nothing but a joke that James Cameron did as a sorta, "final jump" scare for the viewers.

Facehuggers carrying eggs?  :-\

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

As much as I like Alien 3, this is a pretty glaring continuity error.
Did the Queen carry an egg or two with her after Ripley blew the rest up or lay an emergency egg as is the general theory?
I wish an explanation was given or at least suggested by one of the characters.
I always thought there was two facehuggers as opposed to one. One with the Queen and the other with the runner.
The emergancy eggs theory seems plausible enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed