Egg on Sulaco (Read 716,076 times)

coolshow

coolshow

no egg means no alien its simple

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: coolshow on Mar 22, 2010, 08:30:21 PM

Thats a non-answer. Since the question is specifically how, not why.  :)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: coolshow on Mar 22, 2010, 08:30:21 PM
I know that; I already addressed that. But knowing where the eggs came from has nothing to do with the plot, which deals with the survival of the Nostromo's crew. The origin of the eggs has nothing to do with the outcome of the story.

coolshow

coolshow

How did the fire start ?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: coolshow on Mar 23, 2010, 01:56:04 PM
How did the fire start ?

Acid sparked an electrical fire.

SM

SM

^ Cracked crytoube = cut hugger.

Basher917

Basher917

(from what I've read and seen in aliens and alien 3, this is what i can infer, please, if needed, correct me with any interviews, quotes from Cameron, etc. ) basically, James was never suspecting an alien 3. he probably thought there were to many questions left to be answered in the ending of Alien, so he came up with the idea of a sequel, to tell you what happened to Ripley and the rest of the eggs on the space-jockey's ship. so he made Aliens, now were is evidence? It's in the movie it self, at the end of the film, the quote of Ripley and newt made, before going to cryo sleep makes it almost impossible for anyone to think there would be a 3rd instalment in the series story wise, due to holywood and the public demand for another installment (as allways) hence fourth came the goddamn attempt to resurrect the series with alien 3, witch makes people hate the movie for it's confusing begging, but it has a good middle and end witch makes it so underrated. (this is my opinion, so don't go criticizing me like I'm completely wrong about everything in life.)

SM

SM

Cameron was pretty sure at the time they would make another sequel, only that someone else would be doing it and not him.  He only had to make his story self contained.

Basher917

Basher917

yes, as I've been corrected on that, strangely, as an alien fan i can't seem to find an aliens DVD disc at the right time (not having money when i find one) or interviews on the internet about him thinking about the sequel, but then again, I'm sometimes inpatient ( my computer has some probs with internet for some reason and is sometimes as slow as hell). I also need to correct my post, how he made it hard to have an egg on the ship for a sequel,( he didn't know how anyone else could make the sequel, as you said SM, he would not know who would direct it), and so he never took the time to have more possible ways for a sequel. So, as i say again, the dierectors made a goddamn confusing beginning, not even giving a hint how it got there. ( other than the alien queen on the ship, this is a reason why Alien 3 isn't up with predator on my favorite Alien/Predator movie list.) Therefore, that is how this big question is made. ( this topic is a little similar to why "Kane's son" in Alien didn't turn into a queen, due to how each movie new ideas are made.) as i say again, this is my opinion, please do not criticize it.

SM

SM

It wasn't so much that "he didn't know how anyone else could make the sequel" it was just that he wasn't really interested.  The third film could've and did go in a number of directions before finally ending up on screen.  There was no grand plan and Cameron wasn't required to set anything up for another film.

alienfan95610

alienfan95610

ahhhh...the endless "How DID that egg get on the Sulaco?" question....

Lots of interesting ideas..some better than others..but, for me, it still boils down to cheap, horrible writing on the part of the script writers. They needed an egg to be there to have a film, so they put one there with no care or thought to how it could have gotten there. A slap in our faces as fans really.....

But, carry on with the theories...I do find them enjoyable  :)

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: scorpio95628 on May 18, 2010, 02:25:43 AM
ahhhh...the endless "How DID that egg get on the Sulaco?" question....

Lots of interesting ideas..some better than others..but, for me, it still boils down to cheap, horrible writing on the part of the script writers. They needed an egg to be there to have a film, so they put one there with no care or thought to how it could have gotten there. A slap in our faces as fans really.....

But, carry on with the theories...I do find them enjoyable  :)

Yep, i agree with you,  that's how holywood is with hit movie sagas, and trying to earn some quick cash by making  sequels that are not needed.

SM

SM

It's not Hollywod as such - it's lazy writing.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: SM on Mar 17, 2010, 10:10:17 PM
QuoteIt's not in keeping with the mythology of the films in anyway to assume that anyone back home has any intention of not ruining her.

How was she ruined the first time precisely?  Based on the evidence at hand, they revoked her flight status.  And then reinstated it shortly after when she agreed to go back.  If they were intent on ruining here they weren't terribly good at it.

QuoteThe company/ the military/ every single human she encounters is corrupt.

Eh?  I'll grant you Burke.  Ash had no choice.  But the Nostromo crew and all the marines were corrupt? You have watched these films right?

lol I have been thinking the same thing. 
Quote from: Politikon on Mar 17, 2010, 03:37:28 AM
The disaster I speak of is what they were returning to back home. An absolute mess. Just like Ripley returning after ALIEN, only worse.

Think about it. They just blew up a colony of Terraformers after surviving an ALien attack that killed numberous Marines. Thats not even to mention the Company or what the MIlitary would do to them...They are walking into an all around disaster.

They blew up a colony of terraformers?

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

As much as I would like a reason for it being there it really is just down to bad writing.

As for the one egg somehow getting 2 people impregnated, thats a plot hole for me as well.

The only way to logically get an egg at the end of Aliens would be to go back down the planet, find the derelict and pick one up- all of which would have taken up too much screen time and explanation, so they just planted one there - we the audience were never meant to question where it came from.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed